Entry level jobs requiring 10 years experience

>entry level jobs requiring 10 years experience
>average age people started programming was 12
It all now makes sense...

Attached: 5E8EC4B6-27A9-4A0E-BB5F-71D6B1FE21B5.png (688x1010, 89K)

Those jobs want employed experience, some go so far as to reject unpaid internships.

How can you have employed experience at entry level

you can't that's the trick

then what is it they want
if they're calling it an entry level job and they also want employed experience then what kind of applicants do they expect
i don't see how it's beneficial to them to deliberately create actually impossible conditions for their applicants, that just means by their own logic they won't be able to take anyone on and they'll wind up understaffed

I started at 8 with Visual Basic

>i don't see how it's beneficial to them
It guarantees they get overqualified people that they get to pay less for. The field is saturated and it gets worse every day, it's not like they're losing out when they refuse to hire the hundreds of millions of fresh college grads who will desperately claw their way into unpaid internships. It's a buyer's market, and since people still fall for the CS meme that's not going to change any time soon.

How is CS a meme?

He literally just explained how CS is a meme
Makes sense but how do we fix this without not being programmers

Ignore him, he's an autist trying to discourage people from competing with him for jobs

Because people still believe that it's an easy job that gets you six figures fresh out of college with a healthy job market, despite the massive amount of evidence to the contrary. The market is completely flooded, and no one wants to admit it.

What if you just studied something else that's useful and picked up those CS skills on your own time?

Yeah that sounds viable enough i guess but it's too late for me since i'm graduating with a degree in game development. Not even computer science, fucking game development. Will have to somehow find a job that pays enough that i'll be able to continue living in this $1750/mo studio apartment when i run out of mommy's life insurance beneficiary payout and then go back to school for something better and get a better job

>how do we fix this without not being programmers
Found your own startup and whore yourself out on social media for brownie points and kickstarter funds until one of the tech giants buys you out for a few million so they can ensure the market stays like it is.

If i became prolific enough to do this, could i also just continue whoring and make my living off all the kickstarter funds, while also actually delivering the kickstarter products so as not to be the most egregious whore possible, and just never sell out?

>The field is saturated and it gets worse every day

Not really. Most CS grads can't write software for shit. Companies fight over quality programmers. If you're a decent programmer you can make 80K/yr easily.

Maybe you could do your master's and specialize in some esoteric field where things aren't as competitive

>Entry level
>10 years experience
its because they created a position for someone in the company already to move into but they have to post it publicly
You aren't going to get a job by being good, you need to know people.

>you need to know people.
How to get job if social anxiety and self loathing

Get over it and stop making excuses
You can fake being a Chad for a 30m interview

yeah sure i can but the point is how do i fake knowing people

>the field's not saturated, it's just that there aren't enough jobs for most people in the field so companies can refuse to hire anyone not in the top percentage

You get in contact with a """talent""" (((network))) and they use their nepotism with the company to get your foot in the door
Then you make friends with your immediate coworkers and higher ups, impress a few people and wait for some openings
Or if you are good enough they will make openings for you.
>t. corporate wagie

The current work culture has people leaving jobs after just a few years as it is. Maybe companies don't see any point in hiring someone outside the top percentage, when it means spending most of that time getting them up to a passable standard only for them to fuck off.

What is that evidence?

you fail to mention that these companies will lay the employee off in order to move jobs overseas for a cheaper rate. not to forget to mention that the company will then go to the government and ask for a bail out, which increases the employee's taxes. so why should the employee have any loyalty to the company when the company has absolutely none for the employed?

It's not about blaming someone, it's just about being practical. If they view taking on a new employee with no experience as too risky, then of course they're not going to do it. Their sole function is to make money

>nobody wants to train anymore
>we need people to hit the ground running with OUR SPECIFIC software stack
>again, absolutely no training, applicants need to come batteries included
>US govt: why do you need 1.2 million new H1-B visas this year?

this. The best way to get a job is either grind your soul away in leetcode and become the HR pet (indians and asians in general don't have a soul to begin with so they are able to do this pretty easily), OR you go to your local nerd club, start making connections, show what you can do and get a job offered.
Steer clear from hr and linkedin (its full of hr). You wanna cut the middlemen. Most cases, hr are non-tech people (psychology major mainly, do you wanna leave your hiring chances in the hands of a meme graduate?) and have NO IDEA what to look for, hence the amount of useless unrealistic job offerings you see online.

Industry experience doesn't always mean employed experience, and sometimes just having genuine interest/familiarity in your career field as a hobbyist can sometimes fill that requirement (It did for me, monitor autist and now display driver developer).

This is kinda semi-related, But I'm going for an Electro-mechanical Engineering Technology degree. Fun fact, I was originally wanting to become a film-maker, but a career in a STEM field feels more suited for me. I'm going to be trying to find an internship during the second semester.

If it helps, I would say make a Linkedin for (online) networking. Hell, I found my supervisor from my summer job on there. There are also a few other classmates around me that have the potential for connecting me to intership/grant opportunities. So, I would also say to try to check locally, even if you're not on a college campus.