I want to get into game design and coding do you guys have any tips and advice

I want to get into game design and coding do you guys have any tips and advice

Attached: 09A77666-DDE5-4CDC-94C7-D75A4508F534.jpg (878x635, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

learn how to live with a minimum wage job

Do you have ANY experience with coding?

don't

don't do it to your life.

>"I'm from /v/ and want to make video gayums by myself what do Jow Forums?"
Go back to your manlet board, that's what.

start

Yes i was in STEM classes and got sent to a coding school by my mom

I’m a high schooler and I wanted to start early

No /v/ is cancer all it is Jow Forumstards and shitty smash threads as well as people talking about their waifus and talking about discrete shitty anime games

Attached: folks-i-dont-know-what-to-tell-you-this-bait-2490532-1.png (500x610, 45K)

That's really nice then. Start with a small project, maybe in python if you know it, using something like pygame. Doesn't matter if you don't know how to make a strategy game for example or a shooter. Start a project anyway. Something interesting and exciting for you.
Google anything you can't do, build up confidence in your ability to do stuff.
You want to go from "I want to do x and i have no idea how to do it pls help" to "i want to do x and i have no idea how to do it. But i can easily figure it out".

If you want to be a gamedev in future then be assured that you won't actually develop games most of the time. Gamedev Programmers usually either develop tools for other people to create things with (boring and not creative) or work with engine and shaders (interesting but in a different way. Lot's of math and irl phisics)
Or you become an indiedev and struggle to earn for a living unless you get REALLY lucky

protip: if you get into game development then all those people become your customers and you'll never get away from them

Thanks for the tips user

Should be easy. Game developers are the lowest of the low.

Thats why you should always stay an user, privacy and peace are worth more than useless fame.

Find a software.

Every single patch begins with a single byte of software.

Read TAOCP.

I can't even get one of those.

read books, practice, ask on if you dont understand something

Okay user I'm in the same position expect I already know some basics, here's some stuff I figured out

>designers aren't programmers and usually have little of the typical Jow Forums skillset, artists have even less of that - it's /ic/ and /3/, to a lesser degree /gd/
>programmers don't know shit about graphics thus nightmares like every pixelated game ever being spawned or summoned from a darkest dimensions or unity asset store flips
>alternatively "ironic" graphics like baldi, terraria or minecraft (but minecrapt had some dedicated artists later on).
As fellow shizo I can't pick between either of fields, but both are the type you dedicate life for - no way to do both well.

these /agdg/ guys are basically the edgier version of no talent indie devs rivaling pajeets in making another "mario clone but with a twist" NGMIs trying to sell their stuff on android store or fivver.

Any other opinions?

Attached: 1550914262348.jpg (670x670, 37K)

>from a darkest dimensions or unity asset store flips
from the darkest of indian dimension of unity asset store

fixed.
Overall, myself I'm depressed, so I'd like to hear suggestions. Also artistic soul. I have no business in making another minecraft clone but with pokemon skins.

Learn Godot. It's good for beginners.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8

Yeah. Don't get into game design; just get into coding.

Also the depressed user again;

I guess these 2 are right. If you aren't "in" just by being in before you thought to ask here then you're a dedicated NGMI who's like every teen around 18
>what will I do for living?
>design video games
>what skills do you have?
>I know what makes games good but otherwise none

during some work orientation for a local video game company there was a hamplanet who tried to force herself into beta-testing until the designer patiently explained her that it's a job, she'd have to hate games to do that, also sign a non-disclosure agreement so she can't do that at home or steam that, and it's basically trying to walk into a single wall for 8hs and then writing a report based on it for another 4h overtime. Then she left.

Yes, my advice is to go to college if you want to work for a big studio. If indie design is your passion then college is not necessary but you may want to pay to attend coding bootcamps or teach yourself with online resources.

Learn a lot of Math and CS. Then go into game design.

Basically don't been another brainlet of "wahhh when are we gonna use this?"

>do you guys have any tips and advice
release everything under a free license (free as in freedom)

I have experience with internet coding, not sure if the skills transfer.

For the love of god don't use anything proprietary.

i watched this bean movie and i dont even know