Imagine being a line cook or a cashier at one of Google's offices...

Imagine being a line cook or a cashier at one of Google's offices. How do you not kill yourself serving food to people half your age making 10x as much money as you?

Attached: The_Cafe_at_Google_KW_xs.jpg (801x628, 514K)

Being content with where you are and making peace with the choices you've made? Not comparing yourself to other people? I dunno

they're unironically broken people

wagie is dead inside

what a retarded question

in both of those careers, no matter where you’ll working you will probably be catering to people who have a substantially larger salary, the cook or cashier wouldn’t be a cook or cashier if they wanted to be a code monkey with shit job security, they understand their career choice.

>the cook or cashier wouldn’t be a cook or cashier if they wanted to be a code monkey with shit job security
just lol if you think most cooks and cashiers don't dream of doing anything else. I worked shit minimum wage jobs in high school and everybody fucking hated their lives.

Imagine being a programmer at Google. How do you not kill yourself when you know that the CEO has the kind of money that your mind cannot comprehend

Because you realize that everything in this Universe is fleeting and ephemeral. We're just specks of dust on a piece of rock hurtling across the dark expanse.

Attached: interstellar pepe.png (862x523, 747K)

who cares. there's always a bigger fish. if you work a cushy google job and make good money it's easy to sleep at night.

Because they're 80 IQ illegal aliens.

Used to be a cable guy in Marin County, these people are like 100x richer than Google folks and most of them don't work at all.

They would bitch about every little thing it was fucking nuts.

yea, in high school, what other options did you have retard ? an 20-30 + yr old line cook (not a minimum wage job btw) has/had other options, it’s their fault they chose that career.

>Because you realize that everything in this Universe is fleeting and ephemeral. We're just specks of dust on a piece of rock hurtling across the dark expanse.
I clapped when I read this post I clapped. You sir win the internet for the day. Upvotes to the left.

Attached: 1518815895729.png (800x900, 173K)

I dunno, I mean yeah it would suck for my work to become literal shit in a day or two coming out of the employees while they work on some of the most powerful shit in the world

same logic applies for the cook

Imagine if all those cooks were all Google employees who went through the same arduous interview process as everyone else in that room but got duped into kitchen work and they're happy to have a Google job at all so they won't complain.

Better than serving rowdy apes who will always, I mean always try to complain and get something for free.

I used to be a custodian. Now I'm a security analyst making 10x more but I daydream about being a custodian again. Life was so simple and easy back then.

not at all retard. cooks make shit money. you can live a very comfortable life as a medium level software dev. cooks in tech hubs are barely scraping by.

>cooks make shit money
4u

>standing up all day
>covered in food stuff
>sweaty
>making like MAX $60k/year

I'm going to be a senior software developer at google by 27 or I'm fucking killing myself

t. On track to becoming senior at unicorn

Attached: ryan.jpg (250x145, 4K)

>money is all that matter
Imagine being this pozzed

Attached: 1567322861887.jpg (1560x2080, 396K)

>sitting all day
>typing shit on a keyboard
>make no one happy with what you do
>make less than some cooks

Fuck off, commie
Go back to your discord

just be happy you got accross the border

he's not wrong. what does this have to do with communism, retard?

most likely the cooks and cashiers are apart of another business or temp agency contracted out to google. the employees most likely get moved around from one contracted business to another every so often; every few months or so.

>Get better laboral conditions than most other cook jobs and just take care high educate manchildrens.

Your image betrays your point.
kigurumi is an expensive hobby

Dat wisdom.
Rarely found on Jow Forums.

Attached: 689e79338eaccea4f44498719fca9abc.jpg (375x377, 30K)

>wealth bad!
Tell me how it isn't

>>make no one happy with what you do

I make decent money ($140k) but this. Outside the PM and my boss, nobody will ever give a shit about my work

they aren't happy. I guarentee it. While the cook is passionate about make food. those chinks are just robots

plenty of ways
spitting in food, smearing finger in ass before serving, etc.

I can guarantee nobody who cooks for a living enjoys cooking.
Anything and everything you can do for money stops being fun or interesting the second it becomes an obligation.

This, as a former cashier: Fuck customers

as a former customer: Fuck cashiers

I have a bachelor degree. But at my former work you'd just turn into a helper for someone with a master degree. Meaning you couldn't even do what you were trained to do. It annoyed me to death. That's why I quit my job and started a business.

I hate shopping at most stores because I'll have to spend a minute in utter silence with the cashier who won't look at me in the eyes and is so robotically conditioned to wait for me to take 30 seconds to pull out my cash or credit card that they stare at me when I hand them cash before they even start motioning to take it.

Just pick a pretty cashier and flirt with him.

I had an extended vacation, so I helped my cousin get his cafeteria business up and running (taking over an existing cafeteria)
Basically, for a couple of weeks I assisted around the place, mostly washing dishes, helping to set it up every day, just normal stuff.
I have to tell you, I received more verbal gratitude in those 2ish weeks than I did in my all entire life in any other place I worked at.

It was pretty refreshing. But fuck actually working for what he makes lmao

Most public food is rife with spit, semen, feces, pubes, etc.

Attached: 1567095439564.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

Learn to read knuckledragger money he didnt say money doesnt matter

>projecting hard

>people who do the same thing hundreds of times a day have a tendency to zone out and won't treat me like the individual I am
Fascinating.

Attached: 1538639447322.jpg (400x291, 33K)

Imagine being an actual software developer not making half of what the cook makes.

holy shit how dense can you be?

Line cooks make $30k at best.
There's no way people are taking software dev jobs for less than minimum wage.

Attached: The_Cafe_at_Google_KW_xs~01~01.jpg (30x31, 1K)

this... I worked a line cook job in college and literally spit in most meals of people who were attractive.

How do you not kill yourself when you realize whatever job you're doing, you're serving the billionaires who are shitting that much per day what you make in a year?

line cooks can't see who they cook for

imagine not bringing your own lunch

I still can't believe how many people pay for lunch every single day at every place I've worked at.
It doesn't even occur to them that they're spending $50 weekly on lunch.

That depends on where you work.

pretty sure at big tech & finance companies food is free. idk tho I do know Goldman Sachs gives $20 stipends for lunch and $25 for dinner and Google has more money than Goldman

They do it so you'll work 18 hour days and only go back home to sleep.

Honestly, I'm surprised FAANG companies haven't included living quarters as a "benefit" just so you'll never have to leave the building.

well can you really put a price on free guacamole?

>come to work at my google cooking job
>comfy location
>only have to handle vegetables because everyone is a fag
>go home after 8 hours while the nerd losers stay for 10 more hours

Attached: 1567004369649.jpg (581x1024, 64K)

Being a nightshift security guard was the most kino job I ever had, I was able to read plenty of books while "working"

Naked is a movie you'd like

Why?

Linecooks at Zynga (yes of all fucking places) loved their jobs. Because they could be pretend chefs half the time. Coming up with daily menus and whatnot. They loved the fact they couldn’t do that, instead of working at Jack in the Box.

Naked 1993 not the black guy one lol

*could do that (i’m drunk writing this server code on a Sunday)

Ah I was wondering that

This -- the people "living the dream" are mostly in a nghtmare

Because if you have any sense, you realize 10x your salary isn't all that much in the grand scheme, and your anger would be centered on those who will never work a day in their life and still earn 100,000x your salary

It's probably fine. I imagine they console themselves with the former coders who had to get a job slinging burgers at minimum wage because they hit 45 without three startups under their belt.

FPBP.

Does google hire/retain on-site electricians? For maintenance and whatnot?
>t. stupid dumb tradie scum

Attached: paielrvge3i31.jpg (875x980, 138K)

Oh, those line cooks probably didn’t study as hard in school or something

holy guacamole youre right! lets all have gay sex together (it aint gay if it feels good)

Attached: faggotaregay.jpg (1200x960, 104K)

>come to work at my google developer job
>comfy location
>company pays for my delicious and nutritious lunch, bought directly to my desk by a fag
>earn $370,000 a year and retire at 30 while the greasy vegetard gets public transport to his rented box

they unironically didn't. what point did you try to make here

being completely honest I'd always feel a bit of jealousy but I'd offset it almost entirely by thinking about how ugly they all are compared to me and how I experienced teenage love and social shit while they jerked off over some code

Nor did they just learn to code.

>jerked off over some code
i might jerk off at work but i dont do it while im working
i have standards

Chad gets plenty of attention from cashiers.
It's just because nobody likes how you look, I know because I it's the same for me.

Simple. Those nerds have to do actual work. They have to think through complicated math problems and work with their team, argue about bullshit in code review, fix emergency bugs, and otherwise toil away at a computer screen for most of their lives

a line cook and show up hungover and do their job just fine. a programmer cant

This, if you want to make what a Google engineer makes you have to work to earn it

>I make decent money ($140k)
what the fuck do you do and in what state

What are you talking about? Google engineers think they are “special”, even if you could do those problems you still wouldn’t necessarily get an offer if you weren’t “Googley” enough (i.e. a political dissident)

that's what you would think but the majority just spend 40% of their day posting political diatribes on internal mailing lists

or better yet furshit garbage

This, some magical aura separates the almighty “Google engineer” from the typical computer programmer, the line cooks of the world. I wonder what their secret is?

This so much! Maybe if we all just realize that people, like us, are attracted to people, we'll all be able to stop the hate and work together to build a better world!

(I'm not making this up, there are actually people who think like this, that's a paraphrase of a quote from a cracked article)

Gee, I wonder who's behing this post

Attached: 8359a842e6261f63e7b369403d2b4e33--tyrell-wellick-mr-robot.jpg (268x150, 6K)

is that moot in the background?

and line cooks spend 40% of their time talking to their bros and fucking around on their phones. the other 60% is in autopilot mode getting meager exercise (which is better than sitting down staring at a screen)

This, line cooks need to learn their place.

These line cooks probably bullied the Google engineers in high school. It’s called justice, now they are literally serving the people they bullied french fries

That's not how it works at all. The bullies became managers, police officers, ie people with power. The betas are still forced to serve under them.

n1

>get moved around from one contracted business to another every so often; every few months or so.
You just reminded me that my company once had this super qt middle aged middle eastern cleaning lady who would hum folk songs to herself while cleaning ;_;
None of the cleaning crew have even come close to replacing her. I want her back!!

>Imagine being a programmer at Google
feels good man

Attached: 1555139680044.png (679x367, 23K)

>$140k
>decent money

You use AMD hardware I’m guessing.

not pictured: the cost to live in silicon valley. $2200 for a 1br apartment, $15-40 meals (per person), and the fact that you will never BUY a house there so you're stuck as a rent-slave cuck

If you aren't L3 then you may as well be making $70k in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure they could get a job at Google themselves if they could pass their interview, right?

Dev at a megacorp, high COL city