> not l337 though, don't care about that
> easy for me to spot other hackers
> brother wants to be a hacker, but is complete normie
> doesn't understand being a hacker is about culture and competence
> he thinks it is a checklist
> i tell him I don't think he is a hacker
> he built a computer and wrote some python code a few years ago
> not brainlet, but codelet

How do convince my brother that hacker culture is a thing, that hackers can spot other hackers at a glance (at their online presence), and that I am not gatekeeping, but they no hacker would call him a hacker.

Also, inb4 "u no l337 hacker"

pic related, but not me

Attached: goodspeed.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

Anyone who calls themself a hacker, ain't one. Period.

My autism meter is reading dangerous levels.

> paulg
> Eric S. Raymond

btfo

I think I know as much about what you're talking about as your brother, so you come off as really vague. Maybe explain to him some of the core competencies?

javascript:quote('72651969')
posting an image or a petty quote doesn't make you that person and it doesn't make you smart either
>btfo
cringe, where do you think you are?

those (you)s must have been delicious, but this ain't a tech thread and you are not on topic.

Sure.

Hackers use, edit, and write open source software. They publish useful information about their projects, builds, customization, etc. They assist noobs and learn from people with vastly more experience.

Some hackers practice meditation, a martial arts, play an instrument, and enjoy wordplay.

I name these things not because they are exactly what a hacker does, but the commonality between all of these cultural activities is that they mix analytical thinking with artistic thought. They are equal parts artist and engineer.

Attached: test.jpg (1035x892, 86K)

>being a hacker is about culture
choke yourself with your cheguevara tshirt

yellow and blue are crossing

I'm capitalist user.

(You)

Just saying yellow should come out of the back of the plane

also water is somehow coming from the electrical station

sir, I regret to inform you, your autism test came back positive

good eyes

well, I'm not denying it

t 1337 haxor mayne

Attached: 87a.jpg (1140x1128, 631K)

ESR is a hack, not a hacker

so hackers are fedora tippers

?

Shouldn't they already know its impossible

put it on a Klein bottle

(Soulja Boy Tell'em)

paul graham has a wife and 2 kids. also he is a billionaire. he is also redpilled, based, and certainly not a fedora tipper

it isnt though, there are actually many solutions

Attached: 1EC4YOE.png (1140x1128, 1.98M)

>line goes through a fucking house

Attached: 1564233218922.jpg (600x600, 127K)

Im sorry to inform you, but this is how this test is passed. Refusing to accept this answer is actually what flags someone having autism

the fact that this is literally impossible really bothers me

It’s one of those reverse psychology tests. You have autism when you think there is a solution and desperately try to figure it out to prove you’re not autistic which just proves you are.

That’s it. That’s the test. The solution doesn’t exist. Normal people see it instantly. Autistic people will never stop trying to solve it because there “has to be” a solution.

holy fuck i seriously hope this is bait
this is like the most cringeworthy thing i have read like in a month

I miss when people tried autism tests instead of deconstructing them

its not impossible. passing through a house is logical and not against the rules

>never stop trying to solve it
It's possible to achieve closure by providing a proof that it's insoluble

Attached: Earth+Pulse+Phone.jpg (2272x4033, 749K)

Passing through a house is just one of those "think outside the box" bullshit.

>normies give up after 1 try
>smart people keep going until someone says that there is no solution (the assignment is a lie).
>the actual retards say you have to go through a house (because they searched up the solution and "think different" bullshit).

This test has nothing to do with autists.

This tests just

thinking outside the box is often an important problem solving skill. Saying a problem is impossible, insisting its still impossible after being shown a solution, then storming off thinking youre correct and others are wrong is a sign of autism

>going through a house is bullshit
>real pipes cant go through a house, they get to the house and just stop
>REEEEE EVERYONE IS AUTISTIC BUT ME

it is kindof bait (OP)

>Normal people see it instantly.

Yeah I'm sure normal people are educated on jordan's curve theorem or euler's formula.

Humans see this challenge and intuitively try to solve it because it looks like it can be solved.

>Autistic people will never stop trying to solve it because there “has to be” a solution.

It's a meme you mong.

>thinking in 2d

>Thinking real pipes have to go directly from the source to the home.
Peak autism m8

uhh the house is made of lines

so, youre agreeing with me?

youre missing an important detail; the puzzle explicitly says it is possible. that means there *is* a solution. You are free to find a better solution, but crossing through a house is by far the most logical solution and certainly less autistic than adding dimensions and wormholes and shit

tell him to lay off the weed and to buy some fuckin glasses so he can see his gf's face properly

>unrepentant capitalist scum who hasn't written a line of code since 2007
>someone notable for writing prose and being a literal joke rather than for programming
I think you BTFO'd yourself here.

Its ez
Just put the water lines underground and the electricity coming in from the power lines up in the air and fire lines come in on ground

Attached: 17 Lucky Star.mkv_snapshot_08.42_[2019.04.24_13.42.22].png (720x685, 563K)

bro you have to provide a graphical representation

this, it's just impossible in 2 space

unless you pass through a house

duh

you can clearly see in the intersections that the lines are always either above or under one another
you solved it dude

All 3 resources go to the middle house. Then from the middle house they Branch out to the other two. This is the solution

Fascinating, after all these years, this picture still merits discussion on this imageboard.
I finally understand, how this riddle is testing for autism.

i work with an autistic guy. he seems to think he understands everything. he also clearly doesnt.

>Fascinating, after all these years, you finally understand how this tests for autism.

Solution

Attached: 1262666812.png (2048x1990, 3.27M)

They are REALLY screwed in business/entrepreneurship if they don't have a normie as a business partner who helps explain the simple things to them and make sure the whole operation doesn't get derailed on some hairbrained scheme.

?

Attached: 1554049603004.png (640x480, 63K)

based and parallel pilled

Not always, I actually know of one autistic guy who earns mad cash with his business, that he operates alone(except for accounting). The 'problem'- he doesn't know what to do with all of that money, except reinvesting it in his business. It's all a numbers game for him, Like playing a clicker game irl. It's equally frightening and innocent.
But it makes him happy, and I'm not one to judge what oughts to make people happy in their lives.

I know, that this mentality is also what makes him succeed with his business. He lives in austere conditions This fact is not lost on me. Still, a mind so single-purposed is frigthening, and I'm envious.

If you're on Jow Forums you're probably in the spectrum for sure. That includes you friend.

Attached: 1558111217609.png (1140x1128, 1.61M)

But I do those things and I'm not a faggot hacker.

done

Attached: 1548028426836.png (1140x1128, 1.64M)

They are the last generation of real hackers tho.

House 2 has an illegal water pump setup and will be subpoenaed to discuss their fine and possible jail time in the next 5 days.The owner of house 3 has also been summoned for the same date

Attached: 1564301621376.jpg (1083x742, 144K)

>go to arrest resident of house2
>cant get into north or east side of house; blocked by natural gas line
>cant get into south or west side of house; blocked by electrical line
>burn down whole village to send a message to anyone else who dares to defy section 3b paragraph 47c line 19 regarding how to legally obtain permission from the zoning commission a license to run a waterpump through your property
>invade neighboring country and install puppet government for having fundamentally incompatible zoning regulations than you
>put pressure on whole international community to abide by your water pump laws
>prison population of violators rises above 1 million
>start harvesting their organs