Coding

Where to start? I want to learn to code but I've no prior computer knowledge.

Attached: Coding.jpg (554x554, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buthowdoitknow.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUHGvy2pNU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

start with Hamming code and work your way to binary Goppa code

Handmade Hero desu

buthowdoitknow.com/

codecademy

I belive you could only learn something when you solve a problem. So come up with a coding problem, like fucking hello world or something. Then go more complex.

Yes, but won't I need to know the basics of a computer language?

>I belive you could only learn something when you solve a problem.
This. You first need to think up what you want to make.
Then you can decide on a language based on that. And follow a tutorial to make that. And each new project you learn new things. And you learn how to do things better every time.

There was an important thing I forgot to ask. Are computer languages interlinked? Like Science?

Start with Python. It will lead to the best immediate feedback loops on projects that are actually meaningful to you. It takes too long to build up the basics in C++ or similar to get into a good learning groove.

Worst advice ever. That guy is a practical jokester riding on ad money from helpless undergrads and teens.

Yes and no. The concepts are usually the same. But the features and syntax differ.

It's a bit like a fighting sport. You have boxing and karate. But sometimes you want to use Judo or wrestling.

So if I start learning a programming language I wouldn't need knowledge or experience from a different one right? Like if you want to learn electrodynamics you also need to be good in Calculus, etc.

That's right, it's a rookie mistake. Programming is a concrete representation of a mathematical model and mathematics is portable. So long as you realise everything you are doing is mathematics or is subject to mathematical analysis, you will write good code. I'd suggest starting out with a functional language like Elixir, lambda calculus is just more intuitive to a cause-and-effect way of thought. Turing languages are very edgy in their side effects.

Why is every one of these dumb stock photos compressed javascript.

Attached: ce8.png (200x226, 16K)

It looks cool, I guess.

Learn C

Don't learn C.

Maybe learn C.

Which is it?

play zachazonics games

understand but DO NOT drink oo koolaid

learn c styled c++

If you write that code in any other language it would take

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUHGvy2pNU

There's nothing C can teach you other than writing buggy code on an ambiguous type system. C is for transpiling to, like your browser does to javascript. Machines are better than humans at writing C.

Learn Javascript.

Don't corrupt the youth

Start with binary numbers and simple digital circuits, like adder etc.
Then learn assembler.
Move on to C.
Then do Java.
Then C++.
Then Haskell.
Then HTML and CSS.
Then JavaScript.
Then PHP or Python or Ruby or Go or Rust.
Then MySQL.
Then backend frameworks like Symfony or Rails or whatever the language has to offer.
Then frontend frameworks like Vue or React.
Then learn Swift.
Then you can spend your life doing websites and apps.

only way to learn to code is through mr. Nagoor Babu himself, do the needful

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Come off it. The "intro to C" alone is better than any introductory programming class I've ever seen.

Fuck off, ill corrupt who I want.

I'm grabing the hemlock

>buthowdoitknow.com/
ahhhhhhhhhhh my bitcoin is gone don't click this

Learn C the Hard Way by Zed Shaw

oh look, it's this thread agani

What is there to introduce in C? It's a freestyle language, every programmer has his own set of vulnerabilities. I prefer missed bounds checks.

This, BUT with the caveat that you learn actual bare-bones ES5-era JavaScript that you can type into a browser console, and not whichever fucking web dev stack is trending now.

>Where to start? I want to learn to code but I've no prior computer knowledge
try buying a book about writing computer programs

it's really easy to recognize your posts, C-ynic

No I'm Frank

No, you are a fag

No I'm dad

Unironically this. Just read through a couple of books for beginners in any language (not a specific package or framework) and go from there. The easiest motivator is finding a problem that interests you and trying to solve it with whatever tools you have available.

Any recommendations?

Are you interested in sitting down and writing code or the computer science behind it?

The former, I believe.

Then just write code you fucking idiot. Experience is the most important part of being a programmer and you can't get that from a book.

Here close your eyes and put your finger on the screen. Then look up hello world and fizz buzz in that language.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages
Do this 10 times and you'll understand what programming is about. Then just download the first python book you find and sit down to code.

But wouldn't I've to know the syntax, keywords and all the other bullshit, people keep talking about?

first of all, understand what it is you want to do with the code, then use the online materials and work your way to the desired project you want

Sort of, but that's trivial and you don't need to learn it by rote. Just read a basic tutorial on whatever language you randomly selected and then Google for whatever it is you want to do. Eventually you'll stop having to pause and Google at every step.

Thanks.