Anyone seen problem like this?

Anyone seen problem like this?
i was moving my parts to another case and this is what i got.
anyone knows whats the fault?

Attached: 20190908_182917.jpg (2560x1920, 1.41M)

>not a Mac
problem found

take out your ram and put it back in

its dead jim

i did
computer fails to boot if its in another slot
cmos is cleared

I had something similiar a while ago, the hdmi cable was not plugged in tight

storage not connected properly seems to be the error message
that screwup with the video however must be the GPU
hope its not a iGPU

I was excluding possible causes thats why the HDD is disconected.
Now on two ram slots mobo is reporting NO RAM INSERTED with beeping error codes.
On the other two it boots but with screen gibberish.
Unlucky for me I only have one ram stick and cant test properly.

$5 You damaged the ground pin of your GPU as you were ripping it out of the slot.

What graphics card is it? what cpu? Which motherboard? Have you checked that the screws are located properly and that that the mobo is not being affected by any contact with metal objects at the back?
Have you checked all the cables are in properly in the card and monitor. Come back when you have more answers. Try resetting the bios by removing the cmos battery for a minute or so while machine is powered off

looks to me like a problem with the GPU or onboard graphics memory

have i?
only this pin looks unusual
If so how the hell do i fix it

Attached: 20190908_195911.jpg (1920x2560, 1.18M)

Yep you owe me $5. Take a good photo of both sides of the PCB just in case. And turn on the lights too.

Well pal i guess you are correct.
Picture is front and back it looks like 2 pins are stripped.
The card is old 8800GT and sorry for the light my place is a mess atm.
But you can clearly see whats going on.
Any idea how to fix this?

Attached: index.jpg (2560x3840, 2.13M)

It is very easy to fix. There are a few sites online explaining how, at least there were a few years back

You'd need a soldering iron to melt a nice ball on the contact so the slot pins have more area to grab onto. Or you could nigger rig aluminium foil with surgic precision.

What? That's how that pin is supposed to look. Pic related is my Quadro FX 3450. Both pins on your 8800GT are as they should be.

Attached: 2019-09-08 13.16.39.jpg (998x1331, 426K)

Look at the top picture, you can see the ripped trace. Bottom is okay.

Ok thank god because I cant solder for shit.

Trust me, it's the memory that has gone on the gpu card

>The card is old 8800GT
Don't listen to that retard. That's a pin used to detect the card is inserted all the way into the slot. It's shorter than the rest of the pins on all cards because it's designed to be like that.

The 8800s have BGA solder joint issues, these proably manifested themselves on your card when you moved it around. I'm honestly surprised yours lasted this long, most of them died a couple of years ago.
Such a fault would not manifest itself like that. This is quite clearly an issue with the memory bus, most likely because of a broken BGA joint. A broken pin in the PCIe connector would cause the card to negotiate either a slower link speed or straight up not negotiate a link at all.

Attached: 2018-08-03-image-2.jpg (1680x826, 312K)

I see what you mean, the pins on the top side of his card do look faded or something.

So why is text displayed perfectly?

>why is text displayed perfectly?
You can quite clearly see the lowercase a, p, i, y and the space are completely garbled. This is a textbook VRAM issue.

Alright user thanks for informing me.
I will try tomorrow and scavenge a card form a friend of mine and see if that works.
I will probably make another thread.

If it turns out your card is done for and you need a new one, you can get 750Ti's on eBay for pretty cheap. I got one recently for an old PC to play older games for $42 including shipping from an auction. It seems that's about the average price for a 750Ti in eBay auctions.

ebay is not used in my country so i will most likely order some cheap gpu from ali express and pray that it works.
im really bummed i paid good money for this card way back and never took real advantage of it.
Last option is to over reflow but i know that will not work for long if at all.

>computer fails to boot if its in another slot
That's weird. Try re-seating the CPU

first thing tomorrow morning
I packed up everything from frustration i wasted a whole day on this.

Any technical details about the PC though? You didn't even tell how old it is.

What you said about the memory not working in other slots may suggest it can be CPU problem, but that's only for stuff that has memory controller in CPU.

I mean you can tell by the card its an older rig with E6750 dual core cpu.
I was moving it to a new case because i wanted to make quiet internet machine,so I swapped the aftermarket cooler with the stock intel one,put everything in the case and the picture in the op happened.
I could have damaged something but for the ram slots it is not the first time they act up.
The machine previously worked and this is not my first time to put together a PC so idk.

>computer fails to boot if its in another slot
dead ram slot or bent cpu pins

I see, that's a bit troubling then, C2D/Q still had memory controller in chipset, AMD has moved the controller on-chip much earlier even though their controllers usually ended up being shit.

Still, won't hurt to try and re-seat the CPU.

>8800

your card literally desoldered itself while you were moving it, remove everything from the PCB and put in the oven for 10min at 220C or so

>your card literally desoldered itself
That's not how it works, what is failing is not solder between the chip and PCB but rather small connecting bumps between the die and chip's substrate. You don't really resolder them, they just sometimes can reconnect in high temperature due to metals' thermal properties.

>most 8800 died years ago
even the legendary 8800 GTX cards? ded?

yes
Your GPU is fucked, get an used 750Ti

Everything nVidia made between 2005-ish and 2008-2009.

no i have one on a working pc right now

>You don't really resolder them, they just sometimes can reconnect in high temperature due to metals' thermal properties.

Yeah I understand this and that it's because of leadfree solder not withstanding time and temperature as well but didn't know it was the connection between the die and the substrate failing.

Mine died around 2011-2, Gainward 8800GT 1GB bought in 2008ish

mobo might be ded
it could still be the CPU
are you sure you installed the mobo stands? they separate the mobo from the metal panel of the casing

>gpu problem
>screen saying it's a storage problem
>reseating ram makes it unbootable
Too many things not working = CPU or socket has dead/bent pins

this, or you forgot to plug everything in OP

Don't fuck with things you know shit about, especially when you're poor (which seems to be the case), since you can't just buy another pc

>8800's perished
>both of my 8400GS's working just fine.
>shoulda been a cheap ass like me and your cards would still be working

Attached: wgCo0gN.gif (349x225, 1.42M)