Should I switch from Arch to Void?

Should I switch from Arch to Void?

Attached: b7u0z2j3rloz.png (1366x768, 21K)

install void
and by void, I mean gentoo

takes too much time to compile pkgs on my thinkpad

If you want to move from one meme to another, sure.

Just make sure you install the musl libc version so nothing works, it will make you feel like more of a hacker.

Attached: aj328eq02dk31.jpg (1273x1800, 201K)

Yes get that systemdick out of your ass!

What are the benefits of runit other than speed?

Not true.
Just use docker/chroot for proprietary garbage.

You can understand the whole system by reading a bunch of very short shell scripts and some C source in less than 30 min.

Switch to OpenBSD. Linux is practically finished. OpenBSD has an actual future, unlike Google / Redmond / NSA Linux.

OBSD doesnt have a lot of packages people use, and most are outdated (e.g. plasma/gnome)

>Should I switch from Arch to Void?
No

Attached: 2019-09-08-20:45:35-screenshot.png (910x1447, 119K)

Cool

>Linux is practically finished.

Attached: 1563834232715.png (1000x1000, 83K)

>No drivers

pros:
- runit init, no systemd
- the fastest non-bloated package manager out there
- musl version available if wanted
- rolling release
- package don't pull a minimalist amount of dependencies
- true KISS approach
- very helpful IRC channel

cons:
- uses reddit as "forum"... really?

As much as I'd love switching to musl a lot of programs don't work or require too much attention and time which is a real hassle if you need to get work done. Also as a laptop user running programs in a virtualized environment isn't really battery-friendly. But overall void is great and I plan on switching to the gnu libc version for now

Understandable.
Even some open source programs fuck up on MUSL.
After all, 99\% is compiled using GCC.

That said, I'm using glibC version as my main system and am pretty happy.
One complaint is the lack of 64-bit wine, but then again, one could use Lutris and alike.

>user running programs in a virtualized environment
Chroot/Docker have 0 overhead.

Why does everyone act like the musl version is a pro? It’s not. It’s a fucking meme. Musl is barely functional.

Attached: 39AE44C0-09FF-4AE1-8C9E-12F998FD159A.png (509x493, 260K)

It's objectively better.

>oh no muh desktop environments

It has drivers for everything useful.

>oh no muh desktop environments
not everyone use tiling vms

Truth

OpenBSD has Gnome and KDE to hold your hand if you can't use a computer properly.

yes, but older versions

I'm in the same boat right now. runit seems comfy.

Six months old, yes. What features were implemented in KDE and Gnome in the last six months that are must-haves for you?

Running musl version since two years. It works perfectly fine. The only thing that didn't work was java, but who cares.
I also have a lot less problems with internationalization which is just purged from the system when running the musl version.

It's easier to manage than systemd and openRC, you just create symlinks to enable/start daemons

no were full

?

Thinking about switch from Arch to Void too, it seems pretty comfy. But I think I like AUR better.

Bear in mind AUR packages may contain malware

OH NONONONO HHAAHAHAHA

void is an improvement over arch. another good choice is guix system, but it's a bit unusual and complicated. I went from arch to void to guix. both very good.