Im unironically considering getting into 3d printing. Should l get an Ender 3 or the Ender 3 pro????

Im unironically considering getting into 3d printing. Should l get an Ender 3 or the Ender 3 pro????
I feel as if the standard ender 3 is going to be THE printer that most people have and therefor be more customizable in the future compared to the pro but fuck, the standard ender 3 is only $230 and the Pro is $260 on amazon.
What should l do????

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fosscad.org/fc/
beta.lbry.tv/@Deterrence-Dispensed
bitchute.com/video/tcyEwygKtleG/
komando.com/happening-now/388424/3d-printer-killed-this-couple-and-their-pets
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/source-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-killed-berkeley-couple/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

prusa is by far the most popular 3d printer.

Just spend the extra 30 for the better PSU. Also consider getting a 32bit main board, TMC drivers, and a bltouch and you'll be good to go.

I thought it was one of those rape machines I see in hentai

yo i LITERALLY just got my ender 3 pro, just got into 3d printing. buy from the creality official store i thought it was gonna take a month to get here but it came in like 2 fuckin days. Im trying to put an aluminum extruder drive feeder on it or whatever but fucking AMAZON (niggers) DELAYED my PACKAGE

cnc milling is cooler than 3d printing

P.S. (btw) order NEW springs (the yellow ones) right when you order it because the bed wont fuckin stay leveled

cucked af

The "pro" has some small hardware upgrades/optimizations, like a sturdier Y axis which means slightly steadier prints (only makes a difference for large heavy prints). Nothing to write home about though. It's just a V2. You will need to upgrade parts on either model because they are pretty crap. Shit like a glass bed, metal extruder, capricorn bowden tube, better hotend and convenience upgrades like octoprint (3d-printer controller) and BL-touch if you like that kind of stuff. Some worthy upgrades are printable, like a little spacer for the Z-axis motor so the Z-screw doesn't bind up so much. You can buy either printer and it'll print like a dream. If you don't mind the small price jump the Pro is fine to get too. I got the pro because it was the only one available at the time.

The most enjoyable thing is buying a basic printer and adding your own upgrades to make it perfect. So I'd say the Ender is a good choice if you want to try 3d printing. It's the golden standard of budget 3d printers.

Attached: 1564998516357.jpg (639x479, 20K)

Yup, forgot to add better bed springs. The stock ones come straight from a fucking ballpoint pen.

>tfw tried to get into 3D printing a few times but stopped because 3D modeling is such a tedious process with steep learning curve

Who the fuck even models L M A O. I only print other peoples models because I'm a chad and don't waste time doing womanly things like modelling.

You just print trinkets? I wanted custom cases that fit compactly onto circuit boards I had.

3D modeling is piss easy for most practical objects. I have no prior experience whatsoever and I'm doing a good job with Autodesk Inventor. The only tedious thing is measuring everything up and not making any fuckups. If you can make a 2D sketch and extrude it and add the occasional fillet/chamfer you can make 95% of everything you'd ever need from a 3D printer. Unless you're making some intricate organic shapes to show off like a fag, then there should be no problem designing something like an enclosure. Don't give up, it's worth it. If you have specific problems just ask.

Make sure you heat your hot end to 250c then snug up the metal throat to the heat block / hotend. If you fail to do this you will have molten plastic leaking from the heatblock.

Ender 3
Use the money difference for upgrades and some tools.

I'm too dumb for cad but I installed OpenSCAD and was a breeze to use.

You better not be printing gay ass anime girls user.
fosscad.org/fc/

beta.lbry.tv/@Deterrence-Dispensed

Attached: 30J7LpwscT5qwUGZv1CfqutG.png (906x760, 1.05M)

Attached: 1567278023958.png (577x474, 37K)

INB4 you'll blow your hand off.

bitchute.com/video/tcyEwygKtleG/

"3D printing" is one of the most retarded misnomers. It has literally nothing to do with actual printing.

lel

Except printing is the act of depositing a single layer of ink in an X Y plane. Now add a third dimension with the same basic principles and you have 3D printing.
Oh yeah, take your autism meds.

Oh fuck can't unsee, now I'll be snickering like a retard whenever I see our printers at work but won't be able to say why.

What's that 3D printer that you can use to print parts for it and make it bigger?

>intricate organic shapes
Yeah, this is what I want. Otherwise, why not just use a Hammond case and drill some holes on it?

anime figures are easier to build than any gun

the creality line of 3d printers is the absolutely cheapest shit I don't feel bad about recommending. don't go any cheaper or you will have to literally replace every single part after a while.

you will have to redo most screws on the machine because the chinese sweatshop workers don't give a fuck about properly assembling the thing. get a printer with some kind of removable print surface, otherwise you will have to recalibrate after every print. the bowden tube will fail after about 200h of print time. get a better quality one or consider it a consumable. the extruder spring is made from chinesium and in will lose its strength after a while. you will have to replace it or add washers, else it will not grab the filament anymore. the power supply is shit as well. expect it to break after a year. its easy to buy a high quality replacement tho

t. CR-10 owner

Sure, but they're infinitely gayer.

Okay I guess just create a loft over several sketches all angled differently with some sick workplane positioning tricks and maybe use some rails if you want to make it more difficult.

I've been struggling to level my ender 3 after having it for a month of sitting on the table. Is there a good guide for this shit if I'm basically retarded?

all of them

Can you print a gun with this? Asking for a friend.

What is the foss stallman approved GNU printer?

Wait a minute... that 3d printer.....

What is thingverse?

No, it will just blow up on the second use

Be careful they can kill you also! By leaking toxic gasses, including carbon monoxide, into your residence.
komando.com/happening-now/388424/3d-printer-killed-this-couple-and-their-pets

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/source-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-killed-berkeley-couple/

Make sure you get a carbon monoxide detector ;)

No shit, plastic releases vapors when melted.
That's why you do it in a ventilated workshop

I have ender 3. I'd go pro for $40 more, but not anymore than that. 1.15 silent board is a better upgrade for $40 than the pro's psu. You can mostly silence psu fan on normal ender 3 with a printed cover. Though $4 dampeners mostly nullify the electronic whirring that the $40 board fixes. Good printer for the money. First 20 or so prints will be upgrades as you learn how slicing works etc.

Curious to know the filament type. Pla should be safe enough, but abs, petg, or any other filaments must be well ventilated I've read.