Can you find the fan in this picture?

Attached: 1557811727979.jpg (1280x960, 221K)

another intel shill thread

Attached: intel delid.jpg (682x787, 136K)

the real fan was (You) all along

Holy shit!
OP is a fag and dead!

>"workstation"
>dual channel memory
>16 pcie lanes
>4 sata ports

Attached: sheep.png (500x500, 123K)

Why are VRM heatsinks always designed so badly? When will they realise VRM cooling is actually pretty fuckin' important so it's better to make it work rather than look "good"?

>cooling the chipset is bad
Jow Forums absolute state of failed programmer g boys

>When will they realise VRM cooling is actually pretty fuckin' important so it's better to make it work rather than look "good"?
when consumers wisen up, so never

That board looks sexy.

Asus doesn't make real workstation boards

>dual channel
unfortunate
>16 PCIe lanes
What? X570 has 40 PCIe lanes when combined with 7nm Ryzen. (24 lane from the CPU)
>4 SATA ports
That's to free up some of the PCIe lanes so you can run x8/x8/x8 PCIe slot configuration, U.2 ports, and dual m.2 slots.

>(24 lane from the CPU)
A half-truth, as you well know. Only 16 of those lanes are allocated to the PCIe slots. Four more are dedicated to the link between the CPU and the chipset and the other four are allocated by the motherboard manufacturer for either NVMe slots or SATA ports. They are not able to be allocated to PCIe devices by the end user.

The rest from the chipset are inherently useless, bottlenecked garbage from the chipset all running through those four lanes allocated from the CPU, just like Intel's DMI link.

Yeah, 16 PCie lanes that are worth 32 3.0 PCIe lanes.

true enough. Still, the only board with x8/x8/x8 and U.2 regardless of how it's done. But for the $360 price tag, I'd rather get Threadripper or even SP3 and EPYC.

>implying
not all businesses need that shite

why are amd shills so defensive all the time?

How much is that going to cost?

$700

persecution complex from always being the underdog

hows it feel to be on the bottom now?

Attached: 20190908_230541.jpg (272x274, 57K)

right here user

Attached: 151-SX-E299-KR_XL_5.jpg (1200x1200, 1.21M)

fans should be illegal

half maxed is more than enough to be labeled a workstation like

Not him but Im fine desu. I never had any qualms with AMD like a lot of AMD fans seem to have with intel. Im also not a brand loyalist so Im glad theres competition and more options to choose from.

>like a lot of AMD fans seem to have with intel
gee, I wonder why

>those 40mm fans

*WHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR*

Holy fuck its over £400 what the fuck

Most workstations have

>4 beefy screws per fan to make sure it doesn't blow away
you know those are gonna be screamers

They're crybabies that can't get over allegations of something that happened in like 2003 even though AMD has done a fine job dumpstering their own company AND ATI with a bigger R&D budget than Zen 1 had, missing the boat on CUDA when Nvidia gave them a low cost licensing offer, and failing to acquire nvidia because the retarded board didn't want to let Jensen be CEO even though he proceeded to dumpster AMD and then wipe his ass with their collective faces

>allegations
how much do you earn per shitpost?

>supposed to be a professional workstation board as opposed to a gamer manchild board
>"pro pro pro pro pro built for pros" everywhere
really makes you think

Attached: 1560977814043.png (800x750, 106K)

still can't beat 9900k in gaymen because of retarded chiplet design
beside 9900k, the rest of the line up is obsolete due to the lack of hyperthreading

It's right there under the heatsink beside the top two PCIe 16 slots.
Do you think we are blind?

>something that happened in like 2003
not him but what is referring to?
legit asking

It's called trying to cover a market segment
Granted it's a retarded segment to try to cover as no real "professional" still builds there own PC as they have enough money to just buy a whole system outright

AMD said Intel was bribing partners to not release systems with AMD CPUs inside. Intel settled and paid AMD. The EU also got in on that action and demanded Intel pay a fine (to them, the EU, since they're parasites sucking off american companies). Since then AMDrones have been using it an excuse for ALL of AMD's failures. Phenom I? Oh woe is AMD, if only Intel didn't fuck them over. ATI purchase turned out to be a financial disaster? Fucking Intel at it again. Bulldozer? Damn intel it's all their fault. GCN failing to keep up with Nvidia? REEEEE INTEEEEL

Even now they're obsessed with it

it's the only non cringey looking motherboard for x570

>Bulldozer?
Bulldozer was the double whammy of it just being a shitty architecture, AND Intel releasing Sandy Bridge around the same time, which was a massive leap forward from both Phenom II and Yorkfield/Nehalem. Bulldozer was bad, but Intel releasing such a good product at the same time only made things worse.

delet nao!

Attached: intel pig.jpg (267x297, 24K)

>chipset requiring active cooling is good
Jow Forums absolute state of failed programmer g boys

This. Based and redpilled.

>who needs SATA anymore besides servers
Servers and workstations use SAS, you shit eating mong

My AMD chipset is actively cooled.

>2019
>not having a fully watercooled motherboard
just end yourself

Attached: 2018120713562672_big.png (1000x1000, 290K)

It feels good getting a 9700k for $300. I am thankful that AMD pulled their head out of their ass and started making good products.
Anyway, the majority of people who build PCs do so for gaming and Intel is still on top in that department.
A lot of people don't seem to realize just how small of a percentage of mainstream PC builders do production workloads.

There is a reason both Intel and AMD market heavily towards gamers.

why even include fans for a LN2 oc board

Attached: 1544743524672.gif (350x174, 319K)

:D

Attached: 1567970132309.jpg (1280x960, 394K)

Yes, I found the AMD fan.

Now tell us which CPU you went for.
IMO I'd get the 3600 or 3700 non-X models for the price/performance

t.9900K user

Attached: found.png (1594x646, 399K)

Ahem...

Jow Forums told me AMD was "BTFO" because they "can't into passive thermals".

I told them that's a vendor implementation issue.
They said "lol cry more ampoor".

Attached: pwm_backlight_fan-test.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>BUILT FOR PROS
>totally not built for people who aren't pros but want their motherboard to say it was built for pros even though they wouldn't even have had access to the channels to buy it if it were the real deal
The enthusiasm around all-black minimalism has birthed a new kind of tacky.

ASUS had to change the Rampage Extreme for the X299 2-3 times

Each version has more fins than the last one

which laptop doesn't have pwm?

Zen2 is actually better for gaming if you want to use discord or Spotify or heaps of mods. ie. things that most pc gamers do.

If you don’t do these things, consoles are thataway, friend.

The heatsink needs to be bigger

>tfw only good motherboards are the one with gamer design

>meanwhile in 2006
it's all so tiresome

Attached: 13-131-022-04.jpg (640x480, 57K)

>workstations
Seeing as how I work in a big tech company I know for a fact they don't. They're just souped up business desktops and laptops of the same OEM.

Servers, idk, don't know anything about servers that's not my business. Not sure why SATA is even included on consumer boards desu. 2x nvme should be enough at this point

Fuck you, that's why boards with 6+ SATA is hard to come by. Thankfully asrock doesn't listen to retard like you and their taichi Ultimate has 8 sata ports

Why is EVGA the only motherboard manufacturer with 90 degree 24-pin and USB 3 connectors?

evga isn't retarded

notebookcheck has a PWM section in their reviews. Also, any g-sync panel should be PWM free IIRC.

>buy a whole system outright
From whom? Especially since the big OEMs only clued in to AMD tech leadership in professional applications in the last 3-4 months and haven't had time to put their (inherently gimped and overpriced) prebuilt workstation offerings through their ridiculously convoluted development pipelines and onto the market.
Also, not every professional in demand of mid-high end workstation is a wageslave with option to supplicate prone before his corporate IT masters to acquire a brand-name "workstation" through appropriate purchasing process. More than a few are freelancers or small team members who are free to choose and purchase hardware on their own as long as it fits their bottom line.

So this is where we, small local system builders, come in. This is the product for us and for them. No RGBtq lighting, no consumerist feature stuffing like built-in WiFi (it's a workstation, dual GbE is fine), all the performance essentials, nice things like multi-channel audio, U.2 and DP/HDMI outputs (on the off chance that the board will be used to run headless accelerator cards with APU), active cooling (because it will be in a windowless sound-dampened coffin anyway, so why skimp on cooling a powerful I/O chiplet?).

It's the perfect board for an air-cooled, non-overclocked high-end all-round desktop PC to be used by a productive adult for a wide variety of demanding tasks over a long service life. For more performance/IO/special needs, go with new ThreadRipper, but after seeing Ryzen 9 benchmarks, I doubt a lot of people will feel the need to splurge when 12c/24t, 128GiB DDR4 and 2*16*PCIe 4 are already available in an almost-mainstream desktop.

That's actually AMD's value proposition with Zen2: get more with less investment. On TCO-savvy datacenter market, EPYC 2 already demolishes Intel's share precisely because with Rome you get 2-socket core counts and memory sizes in 1-socket system, and 2 sockets of Rome replace half a rack.

So if you can get 12c/24t workstation in a 800W air-cooled mid-tower, why the fuck not?

If you ask me, black soldermask is bad enough already. There's no other color that is as hard to see the traces through, except possibly white.

Attached: PCB-color1.jpg (640x382, 59K)

oi mate, why would you by CPU that needs cooling, back in the day they did run just fine

Hey, if PCIe 4 actually required active cooling, that'd be one thing, but we all know that the only reason X570 requires active cooling is that it's just a repurposed northbridge die used as a stop-gap solution until ASMedia manages to produce real chipsets.

so as you

the list is useless for slickdeal notebooks though