Pick up trucks

Can any Amerifats give me a quick rundown on Ford pick up trucks?

I have the chance of buying an 1988 F250 one for cheap here of my elderly neighbour (they're quite rare here) Are they good or just a meme? Seems all Americans drive them.

Attached: 38288300001_original.jpg (792x528, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1YTaXw-R40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dont be a fag just buy it

Get a Chevy

Well, it's a pickup truck and it's heavier duty than an F150. It does pickup truck things. Do you need to do pickup truck things? It will do pickup truck things day in and day out.

Buy it OP it's a good truck. It'll last you awhile if you take care of it. American cars were built better back then than they are now. Nowadays we got aluminum bodies and shitty parts that are made to break so the dealerships can rape you with repairs and service costs. Buy it and cherish it. You won't be disappointed.

We don't have Chevy in Australia - Ford pick up trucks are extremely rare in Australia

it's a good truck. it's old tho, so be sure to take care of it - you'll likely spend some money on parts. don't be a nigger tho and get it if it's like the one in the pic

yeah those are good trucks and they still make the parts to fix them up, the only bad thing is gas mileage but i mean its a truck it has to be expected

Just buy it, you will not regret that purchase user

What trucks brands do you guys have or is it all utes?

People will call you seppo for driving an American truck

Fucked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Jesus christ just buy it, what a hell of an opportunity.

This

Only problem being parts availability. One of the main reason these are good trucks is they are easy to fix and easy to find parts for. Just food for thought.

I personally would label you as a madman and what I refer to as a clear cut dumbass if the purchase was not completed.

WORST FORD GENERATION WAS LATE 80S GOOD LUCK AUSBRO

Those have a split front axle that will almost certainly give you trouble. Look at it from the front and if you see camber in the front wheels just walk away.

We don't really have trucks, just utes - Ford's and Holden being the main ones, something like this

Probably

That's what my mate is saying to, I'm just scared its too big for Aussie roads

Attached: Holden-ute-cover-LONG.jpg (1023x465, 111K)

You aren't considered a real man by good women until you own a pickup. Buy it. Buy it now.

Id strongly recommend a toyota tacoma instead. The F-150's are fine, but Ive always ended up putting more money in gas and maintenance on them.

Attached: 1546351003168.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Get it. Good vintage year. Probably has V8 motor I'm sure. Body must be good in Australia. Listen to me now and believe me later. Get it.

88 and before are a lpt easier to work on
The pc is limited and can likely be totally removed like I did with my 80s G bodies years ago.

Computers on cars is homo shit
My truck still gets shite gas mileage, just the exhaust doesnt stink.

How tiny are your roads? An F250 isn't really all that much bigger than other vehicles. It's not like a bigass ambulance or garbage truck kind of a thing.

Solid truck.

They dont have Chevys, they have Ford and Holden I think.

Buy.
Pre-2000 Fords are great trucks

Any American vehicle produced before ODBII is good, they really go to shit at around 2000, plastic shafts in the HVAC system that have a 100% failure rate and lead free solder that cracks and causes random electrical issues, I had a 2000 Jeep and the factory alarm would only disarm when it was really cold or really hot.

Attached: 48405545_10156801166825502_3760172343557619712_n.jpg (960x960, 73K)

Chevy vs ford is pleb tier, get a life

Pic relates is VOMIT
Fucks sake

Fuck off queer

Additional side note is in America you own the road in those. Swerving into the next lane, throw shit out of the window nonstop, break neck speed acceleration from red lights. That truck turns you into a badass.

Also I forgot to add it has an alloy tray that the owner got put in. Would it be easy to instal the original tray back in like the picture I posted it in OP? I don't like the alloy tray look and the prefer the original trays that they come with

Attached: F350_Welded_Tray_-_Angle_View_1.jpg (1000x746, 180K)

if you're not gonna do heavy duty pick-up truck things but like to drive a big-ass car, just get an used Land Rover Defender 90 or 110, I'm pretty sure they have plenty of those in Oz, and depending on the vehicle's year you can get one dirt cheap, unless this F250 is a real steal. I've had a 110 for over 10 years and I manhandle it pretty hard on mud/water/rock trails every 6 months, never had to do any serious service on it. The car is literally made to withstand abuse without complaining.

Don't forget kicking the rear end out when you go to turn at an intersection, striking terror into all the little turdball cars who think they're about to get creamed.

This

Past 2000 you really need a brand new vehicle or not at all, Id never buy a used 2000-2018 because they are shit

You should definitely buy. I’d suck a cock for one cuz I’m a poorfag. Buy it, dude.

Get that. You will love it. Badass year for that truck.

Is it a gas or a diesel? Big big difference in how it will preform. Also is it rusty in the bottom? What kind of climate do you live in? Why do u need a truck?

Lol
I have a lifted long box wt and I can confirm our supremecy

Buy it! Twin traction beams. Just like two wheel drive trucks with I beams camber is allways fluid. Probably has a 351 windsor. Great motor. If it has a 5.0l I might not unless you put a little more aftermarket parts into it. They are just a little under powered in that big of a truck. Check for re gearing if it has bigger tires. Not a must but would help alot 33s should have it at 4:56 gears. And the axle in rear 8.8 is great. The front like I said earlier is a dana44 and is awesome. Trans should be c6 I think and they are very strong but only a 4 speed. So fuel economy is not the greatest. But overall I would for sure buy it .

Attached: 13A393CD-57C6-48DB-AE34-772DD2B53969.jpg (1440x1061, 184K)

A flatbed is infinitely more useful than the stock.

well, the original owner is a faggot

It’s cheap for a reason user.

Keep that bed in your garage just in case you need to turn it into a technical, flat beds are stronger and welding roll cage to it is easy

that would be hard you'd probably want to get a fiberglass lookalike since finding original beds to a 1988 ford would be somewhat challenging here

Kek

It's a good truck. Buy a Haynes manual and you should be able to fix everything yourself. You can fit both elbows down in those things.

Imo its the LAST good year

A rusty undercarriage on an OZ car is unforgivable and yankee faggot tier

>Caring about looks on a truck instead of function
Sad!

Dang it I see its f250. So it has a dana 50 ttb. In front and a 10.25 sterling rear axle. Both are incredibly strong.

I don't need a truck, I want it because it's cool and I like America

It's cheap because the owner doesn't want it and doesn't realize how rare these picks up are here

K fag

Fords are undependable. Most Americans are driving Toys now.

Attached: toy.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Ford trucks are very high maintenance. Everybody I know who owns a ford is always complaining about something leaking or something needing to be replaced. It's always something, the stupid fucking thing can't just run normally for longer than about 48 hours without needing mechanical work done.

Flip Over Read Directions

You can get a lot of parts through eBay.

>both elbows down
Patrician taste my dude. My truck is a cuck truck and doesnt have that ability.

If it has a diesel engine, then just buy it. If not, then don't buy it.

Id gladly teade an American truck for a 73 XB Falcon GT, or even just a 73 Falcon

My dad has a late ‘70s era F250 that sits outside an airport hanger in southern Colorado year round and it fires right up if you put some gas in the carb. He did an engine replacement around 2000, but aside from that and oil changes there hasn’t been much maintenance. Old fords are great imo.

Go to rockauto or eBay if you need parts. Your mechanic should be able to work on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=t1YTaXw-R40

If you take good care of it you can probably make a good profit in the future. They're not making any more of them.

Where do you live? A truck from Australia will hold up better than one from Minnesota.

Buy it nao! I'm in Texas and jealous of you. Ponder that pardner.

Where can I get that shirt?

Dont listen to this fucking poorfag, toys are only 20% of the trucks I see, Ford is number one in my area, Chevy and Dogde are next

Depends on year

You’re doing the right thing. Buy the fucking truck immediately. Don’t sit back at let this opportunity pass by.

I will send you an F250 if you send me a Toyota Landcrusier Troop carrier

Attached: bced599d0d41774782e5021975aeea07.jpg (500x375, 33K)

I didn't even mention Chevy. Sounds like you're the one with a complex. I don't even drive American.

Had a 79 F250 highboy with the 351 Modified
I loved the truck but the power steering was absolute fucking garbage and the filler tube to the gas tank is a fucking rubber hose.

Still wish I had it tho

Too bad it doesn't have the original bed. Evidently most trucks sold in Australia are flat beds.

Depends how much you like trucks, then. But here's the thing: if the novelty wears off and it's inconveniently big and costs a lot to fuel up, then because it's rare you shouldn't have much trouble selling it.

Naw mayn, grt the XB Falcon GT with the Cleveland motor

A good truck in a place like Australia will last forever. No snow, no salt on the roads, therefore no rust and much less wear and tear as compared to whether conditions in USA and Canada.

For sure, a 1988 Ford that has know nothing other than Australian whether conditions will be almost like new.

K faggot
If you think arguing over what truck is better than you might just be a boomer nigger lover.

2015 Silverado. Suck it bitch

Nigger, have you looked up land cruisers on Craigslist or ebay? Those sell for top dollar even if they’re old with high mileage.

Was muh first truck, now I have the sad

Correction: weather

As long as it's got fuel injectors and not a carb, you're good to go. Been driving Ford PU for years and years. Solid and dependable.

Lol I have two mates with Troopy's. They're beasts!

Good trucks, this probably isn't a concern in Australia but the only thing really to be careful with is body rust. They rust like a motherfucker. T. guy who owned an 88 Ranger for a long time

what the fuck is that thing? do women design your cars?

Lol, quite the opposite
Breaker points are EMP proof too

Older is always better

Can't get the 75 or 78 series landcruisers over here.

Found On Road Dead.

Just get a Toyota.

>I don't even drive

ftfy

Plan on converting it to throttle body injection.
Variable venturi carburetors are bad.
Nice off topic garbage thread, faggot.

Toyotas have horrible gas milage.

Figures the only quality post wouldn’t get any replies.

Thats unforgivable and Ive always loved El Caminos and Rancheros
That thing makes the forrester pu look acceptable(its not)

My 86 runs on 93 and gets great gas mileage

Attached: muffled eurobeat.jpg (704x480, 121K)

They're good. You can treat them like shit and they'll still run. Parts are easy to find and cheap for whenever you fuck something up. Plus you can haul larger things, put dirty stuff in the bed without stinking up your interior, or just throw a lounge chair in the back and sit there watching the sunset while you drink a Monster energy drink

Poorfags and toyotas go hand in hand, just by whatever four door shit box if thats your attitude

It's probably a fine truck, but if there are not that many down under, you will have to wrench on it yourself. If you have the skills to maintain a 31 year old truck, why not.

Buy it and roll coal on dindus and abbos