So let me get this straight. Why do everyone here lie about ios? You all say apple cares about privacy...

So let me get this straight. Why do everyone here lie about ios? You all say apple cares about privacy, but how do you know that? Just because apple said so? You trust a company that's only goal is to take your money? Literally, what iOS does under the hood is unknown, and just in this year there were few fiasco's when iOS was proved to be spying. Yet, you still lie in its favor... Why? Because apple said that spying through iMessage was a bug? Yeah, surely a bug caused implementation of entire functionality.

Why do you say android is a spy? Literally, you can go through its code and point where it does spy on you. You think we wouldn't know if it really did? Internet would burn if there were malicious code in aosp.

There is nothing more privacy oriented than android without Google services. Why are you saying otherwise? Why on tech board people spread misinformation and lies?

It's a closed source system that does whatever it wants versus open sourced system that does only things you let it do. Why would you ever said that iOS cares about you?

Apple brainwashed you.

Attached: android-vs-ios-which-platform-better-for-app-development.png (720x405, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalcontentnext.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DCN-Google-Data-Collection-Paper.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't 100% trust Apple's claims, but since their main source of income is selling overpriced hardware, the thinking is that there's less incentive for them to hoard & sell your information. As for whether they do or not, no one truly knows since iOS is closed source. Android is open source, but not Google Play Services & GApps which is where the true botnet nature of Android lies. AOSP isn't a botnet, but Android X.0 with Google Play Services & GApps is. Since the majority of Android phones come with Google Play Services & GApps installed, they are spying on you by default. Most phones come with locked bootloaders and have no custom ROMs, and for those that do the process to install something like, say AOSP Extended is too cumbersome for the average Joe.

Privacy on smartphones is a meme anyway. Using data or making a single phone call pings your location to cell towers and compromises your location/whereabouts.

>Why do everyone here lie about ios? You all say apple cares about privacy,
Not a soul says this.
Apple is a botnet and everyone knows it.

>Why do you say android is a spy? Literally, you can go through its code and point where it does spy on you. You think we wouldn't know if it really did?
On the contrary, it does, and we DO know, and normies just don't care. Google is a more egregious botnet than Apple and everyone knows it. This of course does not excuse Apple being a botnet.

>There is nothing more privacy oriented than android without Google services.
Yes there is. And that would be a GNU system on a Thinkpad with Libreboot. But if you're talking strictly about smartphones, yes, you're right. For privacy, iOS > stock Android, but ungoogled Android e.g. LineageOS > iOS by a very wide margin.

>Why are you saying otherwise? Why on tech board people spread misinformation and lies?
>Why would you ever said that iOS cares about you?
>Apple brainwashed you.
No, why are YOU spreading lies? You keep saying people are saying what you're saying they're saying, but they're not saying that. You're lying about the lies people are supposedly telling.

Both Apple and Google spy on you, but Apple's phones do it less. Only fools and shills claim otherwise. digitalcontentnext.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DCN-Google-Data-Collection-Paper.pdf

Attached: 1378670706086.png (500x453, 137K)

>Not a soul says this.
You'd be surprise. The retards who gobble up Apple's ad campaigns literally just parrot whatever they claim and take it a face value.
Correct. If you truly cared about privacy on a smartphone (a myth, btw) then you'd flash AOSP without GApps on your phone. But out of the box, iPhones spy less than a typical Android phone with GApps and whatever closed source bloatware that comes preinstalled by the carrier/manufacturer.

>apple cares about privacy
That's just Apple's propaganda which is a lie. Only paid shills and idiots claim Apple gives you privacy.
>Why do you say android is a spy?
Most people think of android as you get it from the store. Samsung, Xiaomi, in fact any big manufacturer has a fuck ton of spyware built in. I've monitored a Samsung device and it literally pings to dozens of domains each hour and each time you install an app.
LineageOS "doesn't count" when talking about android privacy, and neither does the fact that you can uninstall any single app/component of your android device because those require extra steps which most people don't do.

If you remove or don't install play services/gapps on a stock android or LineageOS you literally won't have a single thing spying on you and the closest thing to "spying" on a lineage or gapps-less device is connectivity check and time update, which are on literally every OS, and the 2-3 domains android connects to can be blocked.

How can iOS spy less than android, if android does not spy at all?

surprised*

Apple literally hires street shitters to spam their bullshit.

Attached: 1560677605225.png (828x1418, 166K)

>android does not spy at all
Check out the pdf I linked, my dude.

And it seems Google has gotten with the program in that regard.

Just go to any website about smartphones. People don't know what an operating system is but they do know iOS is privacy. They're like fucking parrots spreading the same thing over and over.

Even if apple displayed "fuck you and we have all your data" on these idiots screens, they would still repeat that apple is holy.

And people who are aware of how things are, are a margin.

>people

Attached: 1562841324314.jpg (996x954, 319K)

But why would I care about Google services? I'm talking about android, not Google services. Do you realise it's not the same thing? Do you realise android can be operating independently from any Google service?

>Just go to any website about smartphones.
I shouldn't have to. I don't deny that there are retards out there who think the way you say they think, and probably lots of them. But you specifically opened with "Why do everyone here... ." As in, here, on 4channel.org/g. And that's a blatant lie. No one here actually believes that Apple, or any megacorp for that matter, offers privacy. Nor does anyone here say as much.

And do you not realize no phone comes with pure stock Android out of the box?

And what's the problem to install it? I don't get it. You can't read or something?

You all yell like a retards about "muh privacy", but then your only argument is that you're fucking lazy idiots who can't spend literally an hour to set up your phone. Wtf?

Apparently you're either new here or only viewing images.

It sure can, and I was well aware of that even before you pointed it out. But for the average normalfag, Android just isn't the same without the bloated spyware. A "clean" Android must be created by a third party, and very few actually use such things. It's not feasible generalize about this botnet-free Android because you can extend it to everything. Thus "Android" refers to the environment the average phone comes with out of the box.

1. Most phones come with locked bootloaders
2. Most phones don't have custom ROMs
3. Unlocking the bootloader & installing a custom ROM is fairly daunting for someone who's never done it before
4. No normie would ever go through the effort of doing this, provided their phone even meets 1 & 2

It's something I've done myself so nice ad hominems. But you're retarded if you think it's as easy as 1-2-3 or something some 40 year old who doesn't even own a desktop computer is willing to do.

And how does it make the statement in op not true? It doesn't mean anything that phones are not coming with aosp or that people are lazy. Still, android is way more secure than iOS. You can't argue with that, not with such idiotic arguments.

Also, why offtop? How are your stupid posts related to the topic?

Nope. Neither. You're just a brighter-than-average paid Google shill trying to set up a persecution narrative to artificially stir contrarians to your side.

>You all say apple cares about privacy, but how do you know that?
Care is overdoing it but they can afford to give the user more privacy and sell more stuff because of the image, so it's in their business interest to protect the users privacy. You can't trust any company but you can always trust money. Look at the bitching from the ad industry about their anti tracking in Safari or devs bitching about not getting enough permissions. Their auditing in the store is more in dept though.

>Literally, you can go through its code and point where it does spy on you.
No one gives a shit about basic Android. And Google apps and services are all closed sores too. Just unlike Apple, Google is literally a data mining company that has to sell ads to exist.

Obviously you can do more to make Android more secure (and generally Android security is underrated because people compare the entire thing) and private but the second you try to do anything somewhat useful on it, you'll have to use Google services.

Also let's fucking pretend that this is a tech forum and stop this idiotic LE BOTNET shit and not put telemetry and data mining for ads in the same basket. Aside of that, there is the data collection on the webz/cloud and on your device, which are different fucking things once again.

Why the fuck would a normal person be ever put into the position where they have to research, download and reinstall a new OS for their phone?

Because stating a fact makes me shill. Wow, good reasoning. Forgot to also call me hater, but wait... "Sky is blue" - yeah I stated another fact, I guess I'm a hater now

Android is more secure if you actually take the effort to keep it that way. Out of the box it's very hit or miss, usually on the latter side. Tons of phones still don't even have encryption activated.

>Because stating a fact makes me shill.
Except it's not a fact that anyone on Jow Forums thinks Apple cares about their privacy in the first place. That's a blatant falsehood you invented to appeal to contrarians.

Also this situation shows how hypocritical Pepe are. Seems like everyone, and I mean everyone cares about "muh privacy"... But turns out spending an hour to get it is too fucking much and it's better to spread lies and believe in them instead.

The only one spreading lies here is you, you keep lying about how people are supposedly spreading lies about iOS being more secure than Android, when in fact no one HERE, ON Jow Forums, has EVER said anything of the sort.

In this very thread there are people defending apple, saying they do not spy because they make money off hw sales. But yeah, keep up your trolling

No one has said anything of the sort. People have said something that sounds kind of like that if you're a retard, but even those people readily concede that Apple does indeed spy. No one, NO ONE on Jow Forums, is stupid enough to think Apple doesn't spy at all.

>it’s a fact that Jow Forums thinks ios is secure
Smells like summer

>And how does it make the statement in op not true?
Because if you emphasize that point, the OP effectively argues "Why do you claim this thing is spyware? If you remove all the spyware, it doesn't spy on you, duh.", so I assumed you were wandering off when you mentioned that.
>Also this situation shows how hypocritical Pepe are
>Pepe
Freudian slip?
>seems like everyone, and I mean everyone cares about "muh privacy"
Nope. A good part of this board does. If you haven't noticed, however, we are overrun by tourists.
>But turns out spending an hour to get it is too fucking much and it's better to spread lies and believe in them instead.
How long have you been lurking here? Two days? Go and see all the people discussing custom roms and removing the botnet from their phones. Then observe the people calling them spastic schizo autists because they dare value their privacy. The observe those kicking and screaming because they were told to install Gentoo. Now realize the latter are the kind of people you normally encounter when you go for a walk. Snowden happened and no one cared.

The reasonable response to the leaks is at the voting booth. Using some spergy ROM and distru only draws more attention to you, when encrypting your IMPORTANT data would have the same practical effect.

While it is technically true that Android is open source, virtually all commercial implementations of it are shipped with Google's proprietary services. Google is one of the biggest offenders of privacy in the world. They track you in every way possible and use the information to make ad revenue off of you. Google's entire business model puts them in a profitable position to collect your personal information. The difference between Apple and Google is that Apple makes the majority of its profit from selling hardware while Google makes the majority of its profit from selling ads. Apple may collect some anonymous information from its devices for the purpose of improving its products, but never to sell ads. Apple makes it very easy to turn off their telemetry, whereas Google makes it notoriously difficult to turn off their tracking.

A few years ago I bought a iPhone 5s. I activated it using my friend's sim card since I didn't have WiFi at that moment. I activated the phone and gave the sim card back, but for another 2 or 3 days, I kept receiving text messages which should be sent to his number.
By that time I believed iOS was not that safe after all.

>"dude I hate apple"
>said user, to the board famous for hating apple
what were you hoping to accomplish here?

I can literally hear the Indian accent through this post.

Apple has less incentive to spy because Apple has fewer platforms that demand user data. It's only that Apple has decided to use this as a method of defending their products.
They're turning, "We don't really need your data, so we're not going to bother with collecting more than what's necessary," into,"We believe privacy is a human right."

fpbp

This.
It's not that hard actually. And the OS runs smoother than oem ROMs.
Just do your homework and come back or shut up and be a retard.

Guys, guys, I have the solution. The Librem 5.

Attached: D20938D3-A973-4124-A727-25249E6AD794.png (421x881, 276K)

Fuck that, I'm getting the Pinephone at a fraction of the cost.

>You all say apple cares about privacy
Literally nobody says that except shills in their shill threads, lurk more.

this

They're both shit.