/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to non-technically assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks
>I9 9900K king of gaming

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - high FPS
>RTX 2070Super - higher FPS with the ability for ray tracing
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070Super - budget option.
>2080Ti - best for 4K or 144hz 1440p, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous thread

Attached: 1567936393843.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/76kq6s
amazon.com/dp/B06ZY21842/?coliid=I8IB3IJMLHI5U&colid=1XXNTE1UAY6Y3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls stop dying

Nothing happens -> £€ dies

What do you mean user, the previous thread hit 368 posts.
It's the most natural and good kind of death a thread can hope for.

How does one OC a 5700 xt

The Sabrent Rocket is not the cheapest 500GB NVMe option in my country's market. The Crucial P1 and SX8200 Pro are, so how do you rate these two compared to the Rocket, in performance?

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

Guys, I'm using a x570 mobo with 3700X, didn't plug the CPU_PWR2 power connector, only the 8 (4 + 4) for the CPU_PWR1. Is it ok? Mobo is msi pro carbon btw

yes, only the 8 pin is needed

Decent x570 mobo with a ps/2 port support?

5700xt is £50 more than 5700, is it worth it if I’m only sticking to 1080p?

Thanks, some people claims it can fried some mobo components. Thats bs right?

>Mining makes it harder for gamers to buy good graphics cards
>Less gamers with updated graphics cards
>Less profit in AAA game devs
>Mining is a cause for AAA game industry drying up
>The perfect storm for indie games to thrive in.

Attached: fffffff.png (600x372, 296K)

What is your current card, how much performance difference is there between 5700 and XT

Currently using a gtx 970

linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
Is this reliable?

Jow Forums keeps telling me to avoid Corsair PSU but the RMx 2018 is currently on sale for a good price and it's on the high end tier. Otherwise I'm looking at the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold for almost 40$ more.

5700xt then.
Now a lot of people don't do this, but I personally consider upgrades like this

Upgrade card performance and price - your current GPU performance and 0 cost.

Based on this you sometimes realize that not upgrading is better and cards are not worth it.
Or that you need a certain level of GPU performance before it becomes worth it.
In this case the more expensive gpu that performs better, actually gives you more performance for your money, as it's a bigger ugprade.

So this is an extremely exagerate example, but
instead of paying 300$ for 10fps more compared to your current gpu
you pay 400$ for 20fps more compared to your current gpu

But that's just me.

Lads, Asus 27" TUF VG27AQ is in stock now and the LG ultra gear is more than a month away.

Should I bite now? I'm tired of waiting.

Attached: 1558635990789.gif (202x340, 1.2M)

Are curved monitors a meme?

Who would win?
A $2000 PC build?
Or 1 dusty boi?

Attached: darude sandstorm.jpg (1843x1639, 532K)

They fucked up my eyes, so yes.

What? How.

I want to vacuum it

Yes.
how? I have a curved monitor, don't make me worry like this

I am autistic so having beige fans in my 100% black PC case is unacceptable, unfortunately I am of the strong belief that the Noctua NH-D15 is the best CPU cooler in the entire world.

Please prove me wrong so that I can maintain my stealth aesthetic.

Fractal Design Meshify S2 with 9 of Fractals black 140mm fans, it'd be cool to match.

dude just buy their overpriced black fan replacements for the cooler lmao

>buy sharpie
>color fan
>?????
>profit

After a couple of months averaging 5 hours of screen time a day, I sat down at my brothers pc to check on an issue and that is when I noticed that his screen bent backwards in my eyes.

It was at that point that I realized that the difficulty with focusing my sight at range and peripheral view wasn't caused by the crappy mandatory safety glasses that we got issued at work, which started around the same time I got my curved monitor. I had that one for a year, and it took maybe two months for me to recover and start seeing things straight again. I didn't notice the issue sooner since all the monitors at work are 4:3 19" or whatever size, and I dont watch tv. Quite scary how uneven our world really is.

Would a 27' 1440p screen be fine if I'm sitting roughly around 76 cm away?

I put a white psu in my black case with brown fans and white fans and blue water cooling with red ram

AHHHHHHH I really worried user wtf!

Attached: surely you jest.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

based
caring about the looks of your internals is for fags

Sup lads, I'm trying to instal Windows 7 on my newly built machine (Asus Z370-i, i5 9600K) because holy shit fuck W10, but I can't get past the language selection screen.
Mouse and keyboard both work in bios but they stop working as soon as I choose to boot from the USB installer so I can't do anything at all, the mouse even turned all its lights off. They are connected to USB 2.0 ports, any ideas?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

>1500-roughly 1800 USD
>mostly gaming
>don't know any good monitor
Here's what I built so far, I know 2080s is a bit overkill for 1440, but whatever.
pcpartpicker.com/list/76kq6s

Sit down a few hours on yours, then switch to a flat monitor (preferably about the same size).

If you don't notice anything like that, then you may be immune to such eye defects or whatever you call them.

you need to inject USB 3.0 drivers into your windows 7 install.

>They are connected to USB 2.0 ports
>you need to inject USB 3.0 drivers
????

Well I haven't noticed such problems yet, but who is to say I am just not paying attention enough.
minre is a 24inch curved, what about you?

>hardware compatibility being shit in Windows 7.
Wow I’m shocked. I have to use that outdated piece of shit at work so I just remote into a Win 10 VM to actually get anything done

Where the fuck can I get Thaiphoon Burner? Their official website seems to be dead and every 3rd party place I find actually just links back there.

I have a new Ryzen system and want to have a look at my RAM. I have a 3200CL15 kit, according to information I can find online it's B-die, but I'd like to confirm it myself, what with B-die usually coming in the 3200CL14 instead of 15 flavor.

Yes. Literally no content is created and/or rendered with the intention of being displayed on a curved surface. We used to call it "geometric distortion" in the CRT days and it was an undesirable side effect of how they worked and/or were built, now it's a fancy "feature" to separate retards from money.

user, don't ask, just do it. I am serious.

whats wrong with windows 7?

>don't ask, just do it
Okay then, care to tell me how to do it?

LG 27GL850-B and Asus VG27AQ is the name of the game right now. Or if you are a man of patrician taste, any of those 4K 144hz monitors will do.

32", think it was a 1800R curve.

Might be related to that, since it envelopes your view quite a lot more.

Either use your motherboards tool for it.
Or google some usb 3.0 injector and use it on your windows installer, even microsoft should have one.
Ideally as said before you use the motherboards drivers for that but generic stuff can also work.

>32", think it was a 1800R curve.
mine is 24 and 1500R

i know youre underage so ill do a tldr
just because they are connected to "2.0" doesnt mean that windows sees them as such
>prepare an iso with rufus
>Inject drivers with msi smart tool(asus probably has a 3.0 tool too)
>???
>profit
come back when youre 18 or when you can read and use search engines

Lads what's a good cheap 1080p 144hz monitor, preferably with at least freesync so I can use the gsync tool with it?

Attached: negev.webm (860x422, 1.53M)

>preferably with at least freesync so
just so you understand there is no common standard with freesync, so you can get a lot of different quality freesync, some have flickering, some don't and so on.
So what level of freesync is good enough for you.

Mostly i'm just looking to avoid screen tearing with higher frame rate games. I admit i don't know a ton about freesync, only that it does that and recently nvidia cards can sorta work with freesync too now.

Holy shit you guys
My pc finally works
But I forgot my password
What do?

There is nothing wrong with them, that's an awesome PSU.

really look up issues with freesync so you avoid shit that bothers you. Stuff like screen flickering at the very least.

I guess i'll look into it, i'm not sure where to start but I suppose that's what Google is for. Thanks.

freesync flicker is one issue I personally have experienced, look it up, I personally hate it more than screen tearing

Do you turn on RTX?

? what game, what resolution, what RTX effects?

Are you talking about the corsair?

Okay I googled for a solution but
I can't connect to internet to email it to myself
I didn't create a recovery disk
There's no hint
It is the administrator account

Boot up as safe mode, access the hidden admin account that you probably did not set up a password for. Go into it and change the password of your main user account. If this doesn't work, your only choice is to reinstall windoze.

I have a bunch of passwords for things saved to text files on this drive as well as a bunch of my work
I neeeed this
Crossing my dick I can get into this secret admin account

i5 9600k or i7 9700k?
Both seem to have similar results but the 9600k is a lot cheaper.

Refurbished 1060 3gb for 160$
vs
New 570 4gb for 160$
vs
New 580 8gb for 260$

1080p 60hz gaming

Attached: 1494651155888.jpg (519x537, 135K)

if you're going to keep it for a long time get the 580

I'm just holding out for big navi.

How did you get a tribble?

My 2070s xc ultra thata ive been waiting 3 weeks on finally comes wednesday. I am afraid of coil whine and fan clicking. Anyone tried this model before?

then in that case get the 570 or 160

Ok, so the prices on the first 2 are a little bit high, maybe by like $10.

But the 580? Where are you looking/shopping, fuck, it is only $190 where I am at. The MOST expensive 580 is like $210 or so.

Looking to upgrade to the 5700xt. Which model should I get? Lots of normie reviews have said the reference designs are hot and loud and there arent many non refrences ones on the market yet

Isn't the 570 $130?
amazon.com/dp/B06ZY21842/?coliid=I8IB3IJMLHI5U&colid=1XXNTE1UAY6Y3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

>thinks he can find one in stock

Actually if it doesn't work, try accessing the files on your hard drive from a different OS/computer.

Should have written down that I'm a leaf with monopoly money.

Attached: 1458182141594.jpg (500x459, 32K)

Tribble?

I'm looking for a case that can fit 8 3.5" drives, has enough airflow that they don't get too hot, and doesn't look like a "gamer" case. Any recommendations? Under $100 would be nice but would consider something more expensive.

Attached: 1542368498282.jpg (1029x1500, 229K)

Even so, a 100$ jump between the 570 4gig and the 580 8gig seems a bit high.

Anyways, personally I bought a Powercolor 570 8gig model.
It has the extra VRAM but at the lower 570 price. I think It was only 20 or so dollers more than the 4gb model

What is the 570 8gig size priced over there?

I guess I'll have to try this on a friends pc then.
As I previously assumed, my account is the administer account
There is no way to access my Windows without password I think
Fuuuck
Now I need to buy a new ssd and get Windows on pirate bay again

Attached: screen-shot-2017-10-03-at-101624-ampng.jpg (1300x651, 81K)

Oh okay hah

Any help, fellas?

180$

MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC 1268 MHz Core

Yea, $20 difference.
If you do get the 570, get the 8gig, it will help in more VRAM intensive gaming. I had a shitty i5 4440 with the 570 8gig and still got 60-ish FPS at 1080p gaming.

Attached: 20190707141914_1.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

How exactly do I accesses the files?
Wouldn't they be password protected too?

what game?

Thanks for your help.

Last question. You think the 570 8gb is worth it over the refurbished 1660?

That finally got pc working but can't remember password feel

Attached: Rage_pepe.jpg (236x236, 7K)

The Hunter: Call of the Wild
Open world game from 2017 btw

One of the gems I found. I like paying it just because its peaceful, beautiful, and has pretty good ambient sounds as you walk around the woods

Attached: 20190710164748_1.jpg (1920x1080, 773K)

I swear my password WAS 1234 because I wanted my gf to remember it
But it's not that
It was something easy to remember...
I think..
But I've been trying for half an hour

I don't know, I haven't played on a 1660.

Maybe search real-time side-by-side gaming youtube video. Although the "refurbished" does make me a little stand-offish. Was it used in Mining and they re-loaded the firmware to make it gaming playable again? Or ? I don't think you can really know, which immediately makes me uncomfortable.

But if you plan on switching graphics cards every year or 2 it probably doesn't matter. I switch mine about every 4-5 so I look for longevity

Try:

ImGay

or
ImaRandySlut666

looks pretty comfy

I tried ImGay and it said welcome and started loading for a bit but then said incorrect
Trolled by you and my pc

it is.
Dawn, birds chirping, you can see animals waking around sometimes too.
It has rain which sounds really relaxing. I do shoot deer and shit, but often I'll just stop on listen to the rain and drink in the scenery.

But there are a bunch of "Reservations", I so far only am in Germany. But they have the Pacific Northwest, Yukon, Savannah, and a couple other areas that look pretty beautiful.

Attached: 20190710161055_1.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

I might have to try it out when I build my new pc then

should i play league of legnds, fortnite, or dota 2 on my new build

So I'm in the market for an ssd now since I forgot my password I guess..
Should I get a stick of nvme to fill that slot on my b450 motherboard?
Can I use Intel nvme if my cpu is amd?
Any recommendations?

Those are all awful and that's a /v/ question

Get a 240gb inland professional 2.5" drive for 25 dollars because you'll probably fuck up again and then only be out $25.

Looks comfy as fuck. I like comfy games, pretty much the only thing I play nowadays. Job being stressful as it is I don't need to add to it with fast paced stuff.

Attached: 1458075717993.jpg (324x223, 15K)

Also. You DO realize you can reformat the ssd right?
If getting a new HD is an option, why not just purge/reformat the one you already have