Literally anyone can learn to code

Literally anyone can learn to code.

Attached: noice.jpg (810x713, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

automatetheboringstuff.com/
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I sometimes wonder how true it is, but the reality is that most people don't and can't cope enough to do it. Kind of makes me feel impressive for being able to despite there being over thousands of people significantly better to the point, it doesn't matter anyways.

same can be said about sewing, sure, everyone can attach a button, but not everyone can e.g. replace a zipper in pants. And designing and creating a piece of clothing from scratch is on another level

Yeah, most can learn the principles of coding and problem-solving that entails, but a lot of people fail to apply it anywhere and end up doing nothing.

I'm not anyone.

/thread

programming is a trade just like being an electrician is a trade. Designing systems (software or electrical) is a more complex discipline and most of the time an engineer is needed.

luv objects
ate pointers
simple as

i gave up on html, too hard for me

Attached: apu is about to cry.png (619x453, 46K)

If you have a 100+ IQ, you can learn most things. Whether you have to discipline and drive to learn the skill is a different story.

"learning to code" isn't the same as "developing quality software"

how to learn about systems design? most books i find are about learning specific languages

I realized something about coding, it requires people to actually read, comprehend and follow simple instructions

and the state of computer code and the insignificant % of the population who can code hints at just how bad the human world is at doing that

which raises terrible questions about our ability to follow instructions in other areas where it's not so obvious we are doing it wrong, like military, or law

anyone know where to start? are websites like code academy worth it?

i started learning to code recently when I realized my whole life i would obsess over getting sketchy pirated apps to work by googling shit and with terminal or whatever. Even for days like I couldn't do anything else until i got it to work. and then i always won and ended up not even using the app after. I did that with programming a rasp pi to do torrenting. took me 2 days to figure that shit out and after i never used it. So I realized it fits my personality to solve problems. and so far I do like it. I just wish I started sooner but my whole life i never thought it would interest me

it take time, i took 5 months to and like 200 youtube tutorials to get an idea of what the fuck is html, css, java script, php, and a data base

Attached: when you.png (300x236, 42K)

I believed that anyone could do anything they put their mind to until I worked a fast food job for a few months in college. I met a girl who couldn't spell "lettuce" despite seeing it every day and couldn't remember how to make even the most basic items. This wasn't just burger flipper apathy either, she would sometimes be on the verge of frustrated tears if we asked her to do anything more complicated than mop the floor.
Some people are just entirely incapable of operating on a level that most here take for granted.

anyone can learn how to doodle together some semi functional piece of software, like the vast majority of CS grads, then there are actual passionate programmers that care more about the code than the actual result

if anyone could, it would be below minimum wage

it was supposed to be teach in SE curriculum. CS is mostly the scientific side of programming.

Sure, but few are actually any good at it.

Not everyone can become a great programmer, but a great programmer can come from anywhere.

Worth what? Don't pay for anything.
YouTube. Pick a language and search for tutorials. Accelerate the playback speed.

Take any book (from libgen, obviously) on data structures and algorithms in C. You'll either thank me in silence or make dozens of threads whining about the language in the future.

Care to extrapolate?

Thank you user, that is really motivational. I've been meaning to learn to code and this uplifts me.

Pic unrelated

You speak a great truth user

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-08 21-55-34.png (620x604, 379K)

I could die happy if I ever got a review like that.

>Literally anyone can learn to code.

But very few can learn to code well.

I see what you did there

automatetheboringstuff.com/
Should get you started (in Python) even if you happen to be a complete newbie. You can just read the book on the website.

Do Americans really do this

The same way anyone can learn math or how to play an instrument.

I feel like whenever this is said, its only in one of two types of people that say it
>coder who is good at what he does and thinks everyone is on his level
>dumb ass normie who uses it as an insult to feel better about their shit HR secretary job or Mc Job

anyone can learn to punch out mediocre JS

but everyone can be a good coder

>never hit the javascript wall
t.retard

Attached: images.jpg (268x188, 6K)

This is true

Unfortunately I have to work with a lot of these types who have somehow found their way in front of a computer screen without being able to comprehend even the most basic shite

true

Most people are lazy, and prefer to work 40h jobs just so they don't have to put any real effort in it.

Ok, so where do I start? I came to /g because I unironically want to learn. Should I change to linux? I'm on windows.

Just like anyone can learn basic maths.

Attached: 1567250358286.png (1024x732, 453K)

based speds

Attached: maxresdefault1.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

I literally learnt (the basics) of C++ when i was like 12, just because i was bored. I made trojans and shit. And i'm no genius bro, i'm a complete lazy retard, if i can everyone can

I am 118 IQ and I am unable to find a job as a programmer

Same, I'm too autistic for this shit

Literally anyone can learn Quantum Physics

Attached: 1567669496974.png (900x620, 354K)

>too autistic
>for coding
It sounds like youre not autistic enough

kek

lol

Yes, but not just anybody can learn how to program. There's a difference.

I'm 127 and got a job as a programmer so I guess the cut off is somewhere between us

If you can you use a spoken language or read/write then you can learn code.

Attached: the last of my 3D printer plastic to make something great.jpg (1536x2048, 654K)

Scripting isn't coding though.

Attached: 1434049765397.jpg (859x542, 208K)

the reason must probably be on your resume, i had an 93 and 110 IQ in an online test, and i am employed as embedded systems engineer

I am 135 IQ and I am unable to find a job as a programmer.

Does your IQ limit you from writing english?

I got bored with it.

Attached: 422313.jpg (400x388, 33K)

can you show or tell me what was you resume when you got employed for the first time?
Mine is basically:linkedin and github profile urls, phone number and email, place where i worked, school where i am making my bacherlor, and in Skills i just listed programming languages i know

I think you can teach a majority to code but you can't teach various aspects of actual coding

For example, I'm a fucking retard and if I run into a very simple problem I'll dig through every line in the opposite direction of where the problem is and try to spaghetti fix it that way, and than when I give up for being retarded and ask someone else to look at it they can pinpoint the problem in 2 seconds like
>Oh you put a coma there or forgot to capitalize something or here's 2 lines of code to fix your problem

Anybody can follow monkey instructions but it's hard to actually think outside of monkey see monkey do

Attached: dcv2x79-3879f722-ae1a-4181-9922-247d04150cb0.png (888x687, 212K)

4th year at uni and I don't even know how to implement or use data structures.

Attached: 1567156246303.jpg (544x530, 39K)

This is probably something you should have learned by second year. Do you at least understand how they work mathematically/logically? If so then you should be able to figure it out

je ne comprende pas

I guess I understand them conceptually. I combined and refactored my friends' code in my 2nd year data structures class to create an amalgam cluster fuck.

There are kids that can't even learn to read and write, let alone basic math.

anyone can learn anything, just have to fucking make some sacrifices, thats the part not everyone can or is willing to do

what kind of data structures? Basic one you should understand, but i doubt everyone know every complicated DS like fibonnaci heap or shit before graduate schoo

Here's a coding idea, you know how Star Trek has a computer that you can tell it do do things, and then it programs itself like on the Holodeck, make a game making program that does that, I just tell it how I want it to look and act and it does it magically. I mean magically, all I have to do is tell it stuff.

this is hard problem

>mfw array-based d-ary heaps outperform every other heap for real workloads.

the only 'difficult' data structures worth learning are optimized for cache it seems.

this

it was mostly about c and hardware related stuff, when i applied i looked up what the position specifically required i tailored my resume for that, for example as embedded engineer you probably need some skills in reading/designing electric circuits so i prepared a bit for it by reading some stuff about it on the internet. i also had the advantage that i worked with eagle in school before and the position prefered experience in altium/eagle. also embedded programming is mostly C/C++ so i made sure to refresh my c skills.

Also make sure to convey that you have the skills for that specific job, so when applying as a frontend dev you should make sure that they know that you know about css, html and (the specific framework/whatever they need) just by reading the first page of you application (maybe mention projects). Other skills you can mention later, i have a CCNA so i also sent my certificate, but i never made my cv about my networking skills.

>github
I'm pretty sure you should have it deployed Live, cause nobodies going to compile your calculator

Literally anyone CAN code - just not well.

Attached: nooffer.png (553x111, 6K)

yes it is retard

Basic shit like r&b trees, graphs, priority queues, etc.

Attached: symphogear chris surprise.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

I think the trick to learning to do something well is having an interest in it. Just wanting to do something makes you put in more effort than most to find out how. When I do anything tech related (programming, 3D modeling, etc.) I usually end up searching a problem every other step until I figure out what to do. Self-teaching only happens if you want to teach yourself.

C is minimalist and forces you to implement a lot of data structures yourself. This, in turn, allows you to understand what you're actually doing instead of gluing a bunch of shit together.

ive been doing javascript and following the tutorial for making games with phaser 3.
However when i tried the adding multiplayer functionality tutorial it all went to shit.
Its like im just following the tutorial im not even trying to figure out the documentation but still, nope.

Wrong
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

except norf
norf cant program

and they can do it better than you

Huh what you mean?

most coders are dipshits who have an ego and refuse to share their knowledge
i base this on the documentation i've seen and how nobody bothers to give a straightforward example of anything
also how you're quoted $400 by freelancers for a couple lines of fucking arguments for a program that's already written

>5th year of uni
>haven't even finished two years
There should really be a state sponsored euthanization option for people like me

>Norf doesn't want to. Simple as.

Attached: 1561055763995.png (1430x907, 421K)

Fucking casual, I gave up on C++

luv segfaults
ate exceptions
simple as

C has no built-in data structures (apart from an array), so yoy must make everything from scratch

Nice

Correct, it's the most overrated and overpaid profession ever. Enjoy it while the illusion lasts, I guess..

>consistently score 130-135 IQ in tests
>still feel like a complete retard when I attempt anything

Attached: Kill me.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

use w3schools when you don't know a specific thing or how to do something. seriously a godsend

windows is pretty shitty for setting up a development environment, you should switch to macos/linux

>learn some powershell as help desk monkey
>boss is impressed
>dude on dev team leaves
>take his position
>never used Visual Studio before
>most of my code is from stack overflow or modifying previous dude's code
Welp.

I don't know it. Always what I want to learn code, I bore it and left after I returned to learn again.

filthy casual. I gave up on assembly.

>tfw everyone tells you that you are highly intelligent and special.
>turns out i was special but not in the way i wished.

I hate this shit so much, at this point I'm sure they're just making fun of me, because I'm retarded.

Think of a project that's relevant to your interests and/or life. Then try to write it, researching new programming techniques whenever necessary. When you succeed or feel like doing something else, try the next project.