Tfw you are self-taught

>tfw you are self-taught
>you never learned OOP and design patterns, your code works without it
>you will never get a job

Attached: pepe dissapointed.jpg (282x252, 18K)

I hear Wal-Mart is hiring

read a book

>>you never learned OOP and design patterns, your code works without it
No one likes picking up your spaghetti code when you're done with it.

is it allright if i save object into serialized files into one folder for later reuse, and i sometimes enclose methods into class if i reuse it more than once?

>>you never learned OOP and design patterns, your code works without it
kek

ITT POO cocksuckers

you just gotta know the basic schpeil for the interview, after that you're fine

OOP and design patterns always make your code worse tho, maybe you don't have a job but you are safe from this madness

t. neet

Imagine not knowing a single thing about OOP and still being extremely opinionated about it. Jow Forums truly is the brainlet board.

I’m self taught and I make almost 200k. You’re probably just not very good at it, or lack passion. It isn’t for everyone.

>gratuitous use of OOP and design patterns make your code worse

FTFY

>hurt durr you are not passionate and I am better than you
>open source? Fuck off, pay me

you either own a job or you have a job.

>be teacher who decides pay sucks and wants to make a change

>LERN 2 CODE!

>Take udrmy courses, follow general "free comp sci degree" guides that tell you what free resources to use

>Work tirelessly to learn technology, new things, and old things via trial and error

>Over the course of 5 years I end up getting OK and have a good job

>Wife sees the success I've had and decided to change degree from HR to programming

>gets accelerated comp sci degree from local, mediocre school but learns all the fundamentals.

>Slyly laugh at the fact she doesn't know the cool new shit that I do

> 2 years later she graduates and literally cannot decide which amazing company with great pay and benefits to choose from.

>Eventually chooses a position that pays nearly as much as me, in a more prestigious organization,w ith unlimited PTO, etc.

>She now discusses with me how I should be a stay at home dad and get my education so I can be at her level.

Fucking hell, the self taught meme is garbage. It's good to know how to teach yourself shit, bit you NEED some kind of fundamental training and education if you want to do more than be a glorified script kiddie.

That's because the self taught meme works for losers in high school who learned to code instead of having a social life and by the time they get their non-CS degrees have been coding far longer than their CS peers.

>tfw you are self-taught
>tfw you have a fantastic career

sorry OP my life went different

This, the self taught thing isn't too great if you haven't been exposed to CS your early life

I have a job thanks. I almost never need OOP, I only need design patterns to communicate with OOPtards.

so you got a job without learning fundamentals...

It isnt even whst she knows its the fact that she has a degree. This is literally jobs 101 just having a degree even from a shit school means more opportunity and better pay. Some autist can know twice as much its still going to always be an uphill battle but its normally do able at least.

Your wife just got that stuff because she's a women, not just because of school.

do what she wants, then divorce her when you get the degree
how have you not thought of this already

It's one thing if you're self taught and want to do your own hobby projects. It's another if you want program professionally. I've honestly interviewed and tested a few and I've yet to find one who's code wasn't jank or had seriously lopsided knowledge.

Today, hiring is a bitch and a half. Don't know how you would get past the headhunters without a degree. You could possibly list a BS university and hope you don't get background checked.

Attached: 1390265771875.jpg (500x387, 32K)

I'd consider myself 95% self-taught, though I have a Math Degree and did take SOME CS classes.

Got a pretty great job and one of the linchpins of my company.

I learned OOP and Design Patterns AFTER getting the job and understanding why those things mattered. Pays to be nimble in this industry. Also pays to be smart. You can figure out all the stuff you missed out on if you pay attention to the right things.

What do you work on for a living?

Financial stuff. Strategy-tracking and trade-building algorithms. Nothing too sophisticated by financial standards; it's mostly feature-driven, so most of it's about code maintainability and production cycles, though a large enough amount of data that basic optimizations do come into play.

recruiters only care about if a candidate can be hired.

>tfw 240iq
>tfw you see through matrix
>

Attached: 1561770094052.png (944x1540, 1.3M)

Mad salt there, bro. And he’s not wrong. If you don’t love something, you’ll only ever be mediocre at it.

Keeping users happy is challenging in its own right. Glad you made it to a place that makes you happy.

i think the only way to really learn oop and design patterns is by working on large projects and being forced into it. i've been programming for over a decade, put quite a few hours into learning about design patterns but never got to work in development, so the stuff never really clicked that well since i just write smaller scripts to solve my everyday problems

What's through the matrix? Is it strings? Tell me it's not strings.

>you never learned OOP
this is a good thing, though

>i will never have a job

They actually have one of the greatest IT departments

Design patterns all go out the window in the real world.

>he can't effectively communicate his ideas to his coworkers because he doesn't know what anything is called
This is why you are unemployed.

Everybody's code "works". That's like saying you deserve a high-paying job just because you can show up on time.