Outside of the fitness meme, what do people use smartwatches for?

Outside of the fitness meme, what do people use smartwatches for?
I can't seem to justify their existence in 2k19.

Attached: black apple watch 44.png (940x1112, 352K)

For getting alerts from email and from DevOps triggers WHILE doing fitness stuff?

For when I’m too lazy to reach for my cell phone.

>I wonder what the future will be like.

Wait, so things aren't devices at all; they just connect to your phone and pipe all the information onto a tiny screen? You still have to carry your phone in your bike shorts when you go fitnessing in order for them to work?

What's the point of that?

I sold mine, it served no purpose other than to showboat really. I can easily do all the shit it did in the same amount of time without it. Im also becoming more privacy oriented so I am cutting back on the amount of actively connected tech I have.

In the future, you are phone.

I don’t know about other brands but the newest apple watch has a version supports lte data and can receive and send messages without your phone. It’s absurdly expensive though.

With Android Wear, that's basically it. You hook it up via Bluetooth and your watch functions as a notification shade on your wrist (also serves as a way to access Google Assistant and some have certain fitness features, but whenever you need to do anything in-depth, it tells you to pull out your phone.)
Apple Watch is a little different. There's a cellular version which basically works entirely on its own but is capable of communicating with iPhone, and there's a version that relies on iPhone entirely.

Chip in your head. Think "answer" to pick up a call.

Had to stop using it, was too stressful getting constant messages from work to my wrist

I bought an amazfit bip for $50 and it is essentially the same as any other smartwatch but it has a 30 day battery life.

I have a pebble time steel from 2015 that I use as my daily driver watch. I like how it doesn't fuck around with fancy showy shit like OLED displays and Wi-Fi connectivity. It does 2 things:
- tell time
- give me notifications when they show up on my phone
That's all I need in a smartwatch.

Ring me back when its a pipboy

My mother uses it all the time as a flight attendant

For schedules, alarms, etc it's convenient

The battery in those things will wear out quickly. Like 2 years. The smaller the capacity the more wear and tear.

For people who are so addicted to their phone notifications that people who are normally addicted to theirs still find them rude.

To tell the time lmao. You can easily recharge a smartwatch, while your traditional watch gets damaged by the guy at the mall as he replaces the battery.

>To tell the time lmao.
Why get a smartwatch for that, though?
"Hey, what time is it?" > grab your phone and it tells you on the lockscreen.
>You can easily recharge a smartwatch
Which is something that you have to do nightly.
>while your traditional watch gets damaged by the guy at the mall as he replaces the battery.
A good watch will last until you die and your children inherit it on the same battery it had when you bought it. My mother's watch is still running and it was given to her in 1998, when her father died. And he bought that watch in 1981.

Have mi band 3 and use it as watch.

Bragging

They work as watches and do not stuff, what's not to love?

Based. Best smart watch. Just started wearing mine again after finding out about gadget bridge.

Is it any good? Or is just some cheap chinese shit?

You can buy watches that last 10 years on one battery that is five times the life of battery inside this thing.