Change avatar

>change avatar
>"Wait several minutes between alterations"
>change username
>"Only 2 name changes per hour"
>"Also here's a random number, if you want a specific one: fuck you, pay me every month"
>delete account
>takes 14 days for some stupid reason

How did this ever get popular? Steam is a hundred times better while still being shit.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (479x557, 224K)

federal funding

They add a time cost for flood control. If email did that it would still be useful today and there wouldn't be Chinese spam farms.

It got popular by being easy to use as well as visually and culturally appealing. Now it's literally an ADL homeypot to get you v& for wrongthink. Gamers are notoriously white and edgy, it's easy targets.

>Discord
>Steam
Go back to

Thread was pruned there because /v/ mods are simpletons

Everything you mentioned is a huge plus over Steam, except the fact that's it's a tranny place.

I don't get it.

>How did this ever get popular
kids are too dumb for Mumble now

>meaningless restrictions on cosmetics is a huge plus

Attached: 1547863908316.png (310x558, 145K)

Use vent bro.

>the /v/tard is too dumb to understand software and internet
who knew
fuck off kid

deleting account doesn't take 14 days all the time
before when i decided to quit shitcord it took like almost 3 weeks and i had to email the support team several times because they wouldn't hurry it up

Restrictions on cosmetic nicknames & avatars doesn't prevent spamming you schizophrenic fuckwit. Go beat off in Thinkpad general or something.

>thread deleted for being garbage
>better post it on Jow Forums!
/v/toddlers are this retarded

>thread deleted because /v/ has a terrible mod
Fixed

you literally just proved you have no idea why they exist
here's your last (You) kiddo, go play some real games

Jow Forums is for trash
trash like (you)

Make it on /b/ then, you waste of cells.

These problems exist to disappear when you pay for Discord Nitro.

Not him, but incorrect, not all of them do.

no? I had to use that shit for work and it only removed some limitations
plus when you're paying, even if it removed everything, it would be a moot point to have these limitations anyways since it wouldn't make sense for most abusers of the system

Those sound like the ramblings of an autistic sperglord.

>software shouldnt have meaningless restrictions
>except that one thats ok

Attached: 1560956358243.jpg (638x480, 27K)

but it's not software
it's a service

Its both

Don't really want to be a devil's advocate, but something cannot be meaningless if it literally solves a specific problem.

((( )))

If you use a botnet like Discord at all you deserve it

it's not
what you have "installed" on your computer is just a very thin web browser programmed to only show content from the web app. The meaningful "software" exists entirely on the other end.

And, as a service, the service providers are free to place whatever restrictions they want on how you use this service because fuck you this is how it's gonna work.

Why the fuck are you posting in a /v/ shitposting thread that's on Jow Forums?
Ignore and report.

Like outlawing guns?

Imagine reporting a thread that isnt off-topic or breaking any rules

>thinks the thread belongs on /v/
>the user did post it on /v/ but the retarded mods deleted it
>trusts the /v/ mods' judgment

Attached: 1460577728162.jpg (322x242, 17K)

>Steam does this better
>have to wait 30 days to delete my account

because bad people listen to laws?

Attached: 620TleW.gif (500x360, 766K)

>How did this ever get popular?
trannies need some place to gather and plan their attacks on gullible and confused people so they can abuse them.

It was pruned on /v/ because it's advertising. Wanting to post literally every comic stonecuck makes on a board does not make it videogames or technology related.

Get over to my Fediverse thread for more info, but use Matrix.org ( riot.im ) client . It's the same discord like features but open source, federated, and supports end to end encryption.

/V/ doesn't give a shit about privacy. It's why they continue to use Windows despite it being a huge botnet. Considering that they (and most likely you) don't give a shit about their OS spying on them, why on earth would they give a shit about a messenger?

why can't you /v/ermin keep this garbage on your own board
nobody gives a fuck about your tranny obsession

what the fuck? kids are fucking retarded, you think the cloud is magic. websites are programmed in a very similar way to how anything else is programmed

I don't hate Discord directly, but I do hate how popular it is. No matter what fucking game I play every time I have to group with other players theres ALWAYS that one faggot that insists that the whole group add everyone on discord instead of just using the fucking chat thats built into the game already.

>incelpanels

yo guys join my discord server xD
le meme

wtf I love being trans now???