Forced to pay $150 for a single book for a single class

>forced to pay $150 for a single book for a single class
What the fuck

Attached: s.png (2190x767, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
amazon.com/dp/B077ZC894X/ref=emc_b_5_t
wiley.com/en-us/Introduction to Information Systems, 7th Edition-p-9781119362968
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do Americans really?

>forced
>burger education

>$150 for a rental
Don’t bother

Attached: E52D3F13-9111-467D-AF97-C3487DAB8973.gif (250x355, 732K)

Did you check the library? Most schools require all required books to have multiple copies available.

Pirate that shit.

Don't forget the $100 online portion code that you need to submit your homework, sold separately or as a value bundle for $170!!
Or you can just buy the code, it comes with the digital book included.

This shit is why I don't want to go and get a degree, even an associates

If you don't get paid to study, then you're doing it wrong.

just find the fucking ebook for free retard
or make a fake degree and lie like everyone else..

Torrent it you dumb fuck. Besides, you probably don't actually need it.

This. Employers check your degree 1/4 times, and as you get projects under your belt they do not check your degrees. Put down 4.1 from Carnegie Mellon and spread it around, you will get a well paying job soon.

You can literally find the PDF version on google with the right search terms: filetype:pdf intext:”author name, year” book title book subtitle.

most schools require the latest edition, which is the same as last year's except they removed a couple of commas. and the library doesn't have any copies of the new edition.

it's a scam. textbooks are the only part of the publishing industry that isn't sliding into a hole with spikes at the bottom.

OBSESSED

OP pirate it, if you can't find it then just buy a used book it'll be cheaper at the very least

Do they check your books like the gym teachers check your penis?

It's not so much they require the latest, but rather the publisher won't sell them the older. And if it's a text that they need large quantities of (ie the calculus text that the school decided to standardize around,) ain't nobody got the time to try and source a thousand copies of the older edition from a dozen if not hundred disparate used book vendors.

You can find 5e online easy. Can't seem to find 6 or 7e though.

university is a scam
you pay them to tell you lies
programming is deliberately taught wrong
that's how terry a davis could make an os while hundreds of people can't make a functional website
outer space is fake and gay

Attached: 1562285246127.jpg (629x458, 112K)

Just download it onto your ebook
I have links somewhere to find textbooks. Give me a minute

Look here:
gen.lib.rus.ec/

Beg, borrow, pirate. Don't give the Jews a cent.

Based schizoposter. Unironically.

If a teacher tells everyone to pull out their books, and you don't pull out one, they're going to make a comment about it.

None of my textbooks can be found.
Oh well, I'd rather pay like 20 - 50 bucks to rent it and then find a way to rip it off kindle.

>scan every page of the book listed in syllabus
>return book
>email PDFs to everyone in class
or that's how i used to do it

>OP makes a thread about dumb practices in american unis
>people in thread laugh at americans
>durrrr ur obsessed!!!
Have education.

>Intro to Information Systems

Just skip to CLRS

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Machikado Mazoku - 04 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.25_[2019.08.01_20.39.10].jpg (1920x1080, 103K)

I'm also at ASU (I recognize that shit). I've yet to find a class where the teacher wasn't cool with you using an older edition of the textbook, if you simply must have a physical copy. Since it's a major school, with the exception of those gay McGraw online books, you can get it free. I don't pay for fucking shit.

That's not really how that works anymore. Schools sell digital copies.
The biggest crock of shit is when the teacher is the one who wrote the book and you have to buy it from them and it's a niche enough thing that used copies aren't really a thing.

>The biggest crock of shit is when the teacher is the one who wrote the book and you have to buy it from them and it's a niche enough thing that used copies aren't really a thing
There was a class where this happened to me, but the textbook was written like a freaking high schooler made it, and the whole class was online too (except for the first day). Payed almost 900 bucks for everything, and I'm still salty as fuck over the fact that the teacher made us pay almost 200 for a book meant for literal retards. God damn Pajeet fuck. On the one physical class day, he spent literally an hour giving his commentary on random shit in his broken English, half an hour bitching about how it wasn't HIS people stealing white peepo's jobs but THEM AI AND MACHINES, and then 10 minutes showing us the syllabus. FUCK THAT LAZY CURRY CUNT.

In Australia, the lectuters sell "their own" textbooks, which are fully fledged textbooks like these with a grand total of 3 pages awkwardly inserted at random points. Then they instruct all students to purchase the "MANDATORY" textbook and the lecturer reaps all the cash.

Google Libgen

That's fucked. Here in my Leaf college the profs in the tech departments write their own textbooks too and freely distribute them as PDFs. It's probably rare but its a college that has a lot of trades and very little bs.

Attached: 1538252686214.png (1500x1292, 601K)

Based capitalism fucking Burgers at the college prices and the prices of supplies.

Wiley is overpriced shit I'm 100% sure you can it online
>150 for a introduction book

>digital copies
I dont own a fucking laptop, and dumb teachers contract ADHD if you have your phone out during class.

What sort of fucking university is this?

Get it as an e-book
amazon.com/dp/B077ZC894X/ref=emc_b_5_t

Or rent it from the publisher
wiley.com/en-us/Introduction to Information Systems, 7th Edition-p-9781119362968

dipshit

>In school
>No laptop
Are you in fucking africa?

Guy sounds based. Where can I go to learn from this master?

That’s illegal where I live. And university is free too. :^)

Why don't you just download it from other internet? Do you really need it analog?

you are the voice of truth

this nigger gets it. being a college student has tons of perks like internships, and facility access, and it's not even impossible to go for free.

That is the result of Tuition Farming. They expect you to use your loan and grant money to buy that shit.

thats how you get blacklisted when the 1/4 do check.

That's a pipe dream.

Terry Davis took 10 years, retard.

Schools don't require any text books user. You can walk into class with no text book. You can study with no text book and theoretically you can pass with no text book.

All this forced bs you are spitting out is, bs.

Nothing is stopping you from using last Lear's editions, if it's true only commas changed, you will get the same grade regardless.

Do you really HAVE TO buy it though? When I was in school I just wouldn't buy the expensive ones and was all like 'can't touch this' because I had good grades anyway and they didn't know how to approach me on this topic without embarassing themselves.

Buy a Fujitsu ScanSnap, start copying and selling digital versions of textbooks to other students at a cheaper rate. Pro tip from me: Nursing students will be one of your best customers because they can't their textbooks are updated almost yearly with new and revised info.

>You can study with no text book and theoretically you can pass with no text book.
I've had courses where part of the credit depended on tests taken through the year. You could only take those tests through the textbook's website and you could only use that site after buying the book.
They did this to stop people from buying the cheaper international versions or pirating the pdf.
You could still pass the course without it but you would basically have to nail a perfect exam to do so.

Most people don't go to shithole unis.

That's probably somehow illegal as it makes your grades partially dependant on paying a 3rd party company...

No uni does that. No lecturer or tutor gives a damn unless you talk or shit. Plus you can just sit at home and join the conference call watching the tutorial or watch the recording of the lecture. There's no point in actually physically going unless you're doing some form of science, since you have to rock up for the pracs then

Welcome to America!

yup, i get about $1500 a semester and all my classes paid for.

My university didn't do that. That was a long time ago, but I doubt they do it now either.

>paying tuition to become a tech support monkey
>2019

Why don't you take up a vocation with an actual future like nursing or agriculture science?

What university was this? Please name and shame.

This happen to me in college. It was two e-books sold on Amazon for 120$ each. The best part was that it was required, we were doing nothing in class beside reading the book or doing exercises from the book at home. Oh, and the teacher was the one that wrote the books of course, imagine how much money this cunt was making.
So I bought it, removed the DRM protection, refunded it, and shared it with my friends. Fuck that guy.

It's the school cheaping out or the professor being lazy. The school either didn't want to host the test with their resources from their sites or cloud based sites paid by them or the professor didn't want to write the test. Either way the school was forcing you to absorb, though this was never an issue for me.

>he thought tuition was the only trap to mkae him a debt slave
Drop out now OP, go get certs. After you get your first real job NOBODY will give a fuck that you don't have a degree because you will have experience. Paying whatever the fuck amount of money you are for a degree is a scam. You already do this shit for fun so why are you borrowing shit tonnes of money to learn stuff that's already your hobby? Go buy old enterprise shit to play with and get cisco, redhat whatever the fuck you want to do certs NAOW
Fuck making your parents proud, you're going to be a debt slave for the rest of your life idiot

>inb4 all those certs are expensive too
SPOILER ALERT FAGGOT ONCE YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB YOUR BOSS WILL DO THIS AMAZING THING WHERE THE COMPANY PAYS FOR YOU TO LEARN MOAR AND GET MOAR CERTS

Pirate it.
Then write off the $150 cost of the book on your taxes as an education expense.

>tfw haven't had to buy any textbooks
>tfw only have to pay half of your tuition because people other than you are poor.
burgerstan truly is a hellhole.

forgot to add a smug face

Attached: 1516318452207.jpg (700x658, 77K)

>seething classmate mad because the zucc got away with using design smells and is now worth billions of dollars
kek

Maybe not if you have a Garbo employer

This will work up to a point but will eventually leave you salary locked later down the road. That being said, by the time you get to that point you can probably get the company to pay for your education anyways

Some colleges require to actuallyu buy the book. Not to have it, but to buy it and prove that you did so. Having a pirated copy won't matter, a lot of the times they don't use the book that much anyway.

This isn't a theory, it's my career lmao
Keep up your git repo, employers do check that shit.
>salary locked
This may be true, I'm still young. But I don't care because I have 0 debt and I'm frugal anyway. Not being a bugman is great because I don't blow money on muh plastic shit

Why aren't there any e-readers suitable for textbooks? All they need to do is take the existing products and make screen 12 inches instead of the pathetic 6 to 7 inches that for some reason is the universal standard

Just pirate it.

bro just ask the student nearby if you could take some pictures of his book.

I've never seen any college that makes you buy the book. It's always optional. Unless you go to some for profit college like ITT Tech but they got shut down for loan fraud.

>have to buy clicker device + registration for in-class quizzes
>have to buy online code to take online quizzes
I always pirate textbooks but these still get me. Even last semester in intro to philosophy I dodged the "professor writes his own $150 book" thing. It's kind of bullshit but there's not much you can do.

RENT FREE

a math course i took in sweden required 2 books, $280 each

This user knows.

Attached: 1507311554675.png (680x1387, 982K)

no, the newest edition just rearranged the assignments, so that you can't just use the old books

I get scholarships like crazy just because I'm black and going into IT.

Nigger

how do you find all this stuff at your school?

>university is a scam
>but you cant get a job without going to one since almost all employers ask for a degree

Attached: 16515461654.jpg (720x460, 35K)

lmao

I dunno if compsci is different than business management but if you need the book for homework and homework is worth 15%, you can just get 85% without the book

I just lied about having a degree, no one actually checks. If you're not a dumbass about it you can get away with it easily. There's even a copypasta about it I see here sometimes

Attached: 4aef483379366c5365f198e27d1fc5d9_2.jpg (1920x1200, 2.17M)

>No uni does that
Imagine going to some community college or state college and actually believing this.

It's 575 INR or 9 USD new for me mutt

Attached: 1567627891441.jpg (750x562, 69K)

like every school in new mexico requires you to use something like mymathlab or sapling to pass math math and chemistry

>Can we see your degree or can we see your transcripts or give us the # to your school to confirm?

how do you respond

Bruh stop bitching my physics books were 450 with the online homework pack. Sold them for $60. Fucking hilarious. Chem book was $300.

In the highly unlikely event that this happens, I would say, "Absolutely. Do you need official transcripts or can I print you out a copy myself?" and whatever they say it doesn't matter because I wait a few days and then thank them and say I've accepted an offer at another company. That happens so frequently that no hiring manager even thinks twice about it. They just move on to the next applicant

Libgen.is

haha omg, enjoy the cancer you exported americans. how's that (((capitalism))) working out?