I hate being a zoomer. It's impossible to find jobs nowadays and make any money...

I hate being a zoomer. It's impossible to find jobs nowadays and make any money. Electrical engineering requires Ivy League degrees I can't afford, programming is filled with retarded code monkeys, and IT wants 20 years experience for helpdesk.
I wish I was born 40 years earlier and made IBM and UNIX bank.

Attached: cryingzoomer.png (434x327, 55K)

>EE requires ivy league

Wrong. Certain State schools have respected enough engineering programs that they’re still competitive

>not graduating from a world-renowned elite university
Feel sorry for you senpai. Apply until you get a job basically. Assume every 30 applications reap a single phone call, 10 phone calls 1 interview, 5-10 interviews one job.

instead of taking fault for your inabilities and shortcomings you blame it on being a "zoomer", e.g. something you believe you can't control
grow the fuck up and do something for once instead of complaining on an imageboard.

You can find work as an EE, you're just an entitled image-obsessed zoomer who wont settle for anything less than working for a trendy company like Google, IBM, Boston Dynamics, or the like. Plenty of dumb know it all zoomers work in construction as EEngs, and get paid a good wage regardless of all the mistakes they inevitably make when copy-pasting specs onto the prints they draw up in between chugging IPAs and swiping for other cumbrains on grindr/tinder.

>instead of taking fault for your inabilities and shortcomings you blame it on being a "zoomer", e.g. something you believe you can't control
Spotted the retards. Ones inabilities and shortcomings are by the very definition out of your control. Free will has been proven to be false and IQ is the real decisiin maker in education and work force. If you have neither then youre fucked and there is nothing you can do. There is no arguing since we have the data on IQ, post high education and the fact that speed of learning is decided from birth.

Inb4 anecdotes about shaking hands and boomer philosophy

Attached: 1567961228481.png (540x397, 71K)

What country Are you from? I may know someone.

But this is how it's veien since the millennials started working at least. Shit sucks

i can tell you're seething
i have a job, you dont
stay mad :-)

It was thought to be impossible at one point in time, but zoomers might end up being more entitled and clueless than millennials.

listen kid, it was the same 20 years ago when i started out, and we made it work. you can do it too.

Attached: 37236200_478347022607929_5082215594263052288_n.jpg (749x749, 81K)

Good for you
Yet it still moves, retard. Facts dont care about your buzzwords

Attached: 1567990033449.jpg (973x1200, 119K)

>free will
one of the oldest and most significant problems in philosophy has been "solved" and no one heard about. I think not. you may need to just think about this one a little harder.

>Yet it still moves, retard.
What? Please seek help and get an IQ test before you continue looking for work, you seething unemployed entitled child.

So 300 applications

yeah, it is good for me retard
in middleschool i was voted most likely to make bread, turns out my peers were able to see the talent in me
you're never gonna make it anywhere, especially with that retarded mentality.

Enjoy your sad loser life bro

Mid twenties boomer here. Never had a job. Doing my second bachelors right now. You kids have it easy at least people want young blood.

You gotta work to find work, you low willpower entitled zoomer child. Nobodys going to drop a career into your lap.

>get your first job, suck a cock if you must
>stay at least a year, fill your cv even with the most trivial shit(use big words)
>wait for interviews
>lie about your experience and past salary
>just give your friends phone as reference, if you want to pay safe
>???
>profit.

>one heard about
Zoom zoom, it was widely published about. Read the news
>the current work is in broad agreement with a general trend in neuroscience of volition: although we may experience that our conscious decisions and thoughts cause our actions, these experiences are in fact based on readouts of brain activity in a network of brain areas that control voluntary action... It is clearly wrong to think of [feeling of willing]

Sonyou agree that not everyone can make it due to innate things one can control? Good

Attached: Brain_Activity_Before_Voluntary_Action.jpg (1215x1280, 103K)

Just like Leonidas.

>Sonyou agree that not everyone can make it due to innate things one can control? Good
Keep making excuses. The only person holding you back is you.

>Sonyou
nice english retard no wonder you cant get a job, stay mad virgin

The only one holding me back is the jew though.

>He didn't get a job interview with a manager who shares the same race with you and conversed in another language

Attached: 1549040421543.png (889x1080, 1.17M)

That excuse wont get you far when it comes to attempting to cultivate a successful career. It shows you're weak, unreliable, and immature to the point where nobody would trust you with any project, big or small.

In America you hablas Espanol senor

>B-BUT MUH JEWZ
you sound like ur built out of razer keycaps. u know those really fucking thin 1mm keycaps with laser etched legends on them that show degrading after 2 months of use? you're like that

>neuroscience
>pseudoscience based on poor statistics and fallacious reasoning.
did they use their brains to come up with these experiments? how did that happen? just random chance? what is that?

Attached: 1543023647924.jpg (735x820, 109K)

wash ur penis

/thread

Filthy lazy zoomer, there's help wanted signs fucking everywhere.

>Just work a job without career path lmao

>apply online
>no response
>go in and give manager application
>no response
>actually call them
>no response / not hiring
the only way to get a job nowadays is to know people.

tf u mean walk into a subway do an interview say u dont do drugs and ur in

the problem is that you can never get a fucking interview. Every low wage shitjob has a million teenagers trying to get beer money applying.

im happier when im homeless im truly free from everything. just me my books my laptop and all the food bank bread I can eat.

>WAAAAAAAAH
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
seethe more you ungreatful child

Neuroscience isn't pseudoscience like the other guy said but we have billions of neurons and trillions of synapses just because you can characterize the activity of the output does not mean you can so easily describe the working of the system.
That being said brainlet time on this earth is limited. Eventually the system is going to feel you're worthlessness and it's going to cut you out.

This, I got my first SQL dev job from straight up fabricating that I had 3 years junior sysadmin experience at a telecoms company. It was a small family business so once I had my face to face interview and they saw I was a well-spoken normal looking guy they gave me the job without a second thought. I spent the next week sweating buckets on stackoverflow, learned it on the fly and then moved on to a 'proper' dev job at a big company.

I'm not trying to be a dick here but you're probably just stupid as fuck. Every job I have applied for has been the same, the difference being I'm smarter than all of those dropout teenagers so whether there's 100 or 10000 of them doesn't really make a difference. Of course I had to go through rejections and unemployment but we're talking 1 month of grinding applications out max.

Did they ask you any tech based questions or was the interview just all personality?

the latter, it was some boomer and his son. I got asked what I did at my old job and I just said 'maintaining mySQL databases and running reports and backups' and they just nodded like they knew what that meant. I got lucky - this would not work for a second at somewhere like KPMG but easy enough for small businesses.

Huge companies in large cities have thousands of applies a day, you gotta go above and beyond.
Spend a huge amount of time on your CV / cover letters, send personal emails and target things at that company / recruiter / job posting.

The internet has made it too easy for people to just throw out their CVs like they mean nothing, and that's what most people do, so if you do it too, you're fucked before you start anyway.

You should get an initial phone screen for like 20% of your applies, half of those should go to interviews (unless you fuck up somehow or there's obviously no chance it would work out you'll almost always get an onsite), then from there only one dude can get the job.

If you put no REAL effort in to your applications and CV, seriously just don't even bother. It's a FULL TIME JOB looking for a job. Use templates to save time, but you HAVE to put the effort in or the chances of it working out are basically none.
Also it works wonders if you can be a total fucking sociopath and write each email with a different vibe depending on the company. You want to sound busy and casual but very interested for small companies, and like a fucking overqualified PhD for large ones.

I'm hoping this happens to me user. I was able to make it past the first screen to get a phone interview. They asked me basic questions.
>What is RAID?
>What is DHCP?

Waste of time. Every job I've gotten was with a random copy paste CV where I aced the online IQ test or from a friend/recruiter. Spending time crafting the perfect CV is meaningless when it's just robots and subhuman-hr people skimming it for buzzwords. Cover letters go straight to the trash.

it's always been that way. go and get to know people.

do you even math?
1 job = 5 interviews ( best case) x 10 phone calls x 30 applications
Jow Forums-Retards need to be slaughtered like juice

same

Stop fapping and try to learn!

"Works on my machine" is not a valid point, especially when you follow it up by saying you got a job through a friend AKA nepotism and skipped the entire process anyway.

If you don't have a job and you're looking for your first job you should dedicate all your time to making you look like the best possible candidate, not doing so is just putting yourself at a huge disadvantage, especially if you're self taught or went to a bootcamp.
How many jobs can you even apply to in your area at once? Like 30-50? You can do that in an hour, then what? You won't get any replies and you'll sit on your ass being jobless for a week hoping for a phone call while watching anime and jerking off. If you're lucky you'll get a call back within the week but it's unlikely.

There's no downsides into putting more effort into the jobs you'd prefer. You'll have the job for YEARS, it takes 20 minutes to try get it. It's just stupid to not try.

Also - Writing a cover letter goes to recruitment agencies to display what you're about, if they see you're not a retard and you can present yourself well they're way more likely to put more time into helping you.
Same goes for uploading a generic cover letter to job sites, people will approach YOU with offers directly or recruiters headhunting you because they'll see your profile and think you're above the rest.

All of these things make you miles above the generic shitter and, even if you have no trouble getting ANY job, you can get a BETTER job because of it.

>just be smart
What are you even trying to say? Just admit not everyone can get a job then.

I have money to neet for life so I dont care either way but you mutts are bizarre

How realistic is to get something like 250-500 dollars a month doing shit on upwork or fiveer? I live in a country where like 250 dollars is actually okay money so maybe i could pull it off doing some slave programming jobs for pennies? Has anyone tried it?

Attached: 4453453454.gif (162x226, 777K)

Just play fortnite

There are jobs for transcribers. Like $2-6 per page.

Something you can do in two weeks if you really slack off.

At least you'll experience the worst climate catastrophe in the last millennia live.

Oh that nice, but i thought about something web dev oriented, just so i can put it into my portfolio even if its for basically no money

meanwhile i get phonecalls asking if i'm unemployed, you should've become a pipe welder user