Any reasons to use that shit distro?

Any reasons to use that shit distro?

Attached: 1089307.png (1842x1866, 30K)

Hosting. Nothing else.

All our commercial software is developed for it or the equivalent version of RHEL.

It's just a poor mans version of RHEL.

>install it for that one unit of networking I did a year ago
>forget I ever had it
It's legacy as fuck and is genuinely unimpressive/useless for any non network related activity (so basically unless ur a networking/cyber-sec retard)

Attached: el133o7.jpg (2000x2000, 315K)

just use debian

Y'all don't have much idea of the industry... It's not about desktops or the bleeding edge. It's about supportable, proven, stable systems. Debian might be a contender, but a commercially supported OS like RHEL is more appealing and viable. And since CentOS is a binary-compatible distro to RHEL, it's just as usable.

I don't know why but debian is the only OS I couldn't install on any of my thinkpads (arch, guhnoo and experimental shit like CL worked fine)

best server distro

>Debian and CentOS are old = BAD
>Some zoomer shit that breaks with a fart but has bleeding anus edge software = Good
You guys never worked one day of your lives, are you all students?

It's a big steaming pile of shit

>Realm discover
>Realm join
Wow I don't have to waste my time doing trivial dumb shit to join to my AD domain. Everything is rock solid and just werks. That's why.

wanna know how I know you're a zoomer and/or NEET?

You hallucinate on the regular?

Servers

Attached: gibson.png (637x427, 43K)

>pretending to have a server on Jow Forums

Like 40-50% of all web servers run it and another 40% run RHEL. Too bad the retarded niggerlovers that post here would never consider doing something productive like learning RHEL.

>thinks he speaks for the board while not even having a VPS
what are you even doing here?

these, get fucked zoomer

I use Ubuntu MATE as my host OS and I use CentOS in a virtual machine because I am studying to be a Red Hat Certified Engineer.

>epic chaos logo
>stable as a motherfucker
>good for servers

lol, I keep getting buttmad every time I come back to see how hirochan is going
You normalniggers are so transparent. Why do you not have a server, you know this place was once for hobbyists and people like you posted on ?

These anons have jobs

These anons are unemployed

Not that guy but why would you use a server over something like heroku? Much cheaper than paying a sysadmin.

>he doesnt admin his own VPS.

get out normie.

Like I said faggot, this board used to be for hobbyists.

>paying a sysadmin

>Not that guy
You don't have to do that, nobody cares who you are. That's kinda the point of the website.

is this a troll post?

>itt: neets shitting on industry standard

I have an old dell server running in the basement. Just asking a question about a dying role
What do you have a sexual relationship with your server? Servers take maintenance and its nice to just email someone and bug them.

>Heh, don't own your own stuff put it in the cloud!
What do you have a sexual relationship with your computer or something? Just have somebody else take care of your data and computing for you :^)

You're renting because its cheaper. You don't own servers in data centres either. Its called being efficient. You still own the data, you just don't have the physical machine in your room.

On the off chance you aren't a shill and are actually just nigger cattle ignore the above post, the real answer is I manage my own vps because I run a shitty image baord and all my home servers are hobby-related

Wow, you really are a dumb goy privacy/freedom has no price user. I will never choose convenience over freedom.

Do you have root on “your” server? No? Fuck off nigger cattle.

>physical machine in your room.
Trying to imply I'm a neet to get goyim to agree with you. Pathetic. My servers are in my garage.

Is this how easy it is to derail a Jow Forums thread now? Can you not even spot a samefag anymore? No wonder this place is full of shills and bugman consumerism threads. All Jow Forums natives are probably better off on whatever social media is popular this year.
Sad

I use it a lot when setting up PoS systems (which I do for a living) Most of the software is developed to support it for whatever reason.

Can confirm, employed making 3 figures - we have thousands of centos hosts.

3 figures? So, >$999/year?

We use RHEL because "if it doesn't cost $$ it can't be good" mentality of management. But yeah, few 100 here then a few 100 NT boxes.

Use CentOS, Fedora, and Debian for servers at home.