Manjaro GmbH & Co. KG

NOT Manjaro Linux
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/09/08/manjaro-linux-just-made-a-massive-announcement-about-its-future/

Attached: 6u8.png (225x225, 1K)

Is Void good for vidya?

Redhat 2.0

no

What should I replace Manjaro with? Devuan not ready for prime time yet.
>hard mode
No Ubuntu

I use it for vidya without any issues

why would you even consider Devuan and not Debian?
if you had no problem with using Manjaro I doubt that you give enough fucks about systemd-bad(TM)

You really think guys that can't even manage arch correctly would become Red Hat?

this is a good thing

Devuan is dead dude. Devs are begging people on the forums to help them with testing beowulf because they have nobody there it's a ghost town. Do you realize how fucking big of a system Debian is to completely purge all the systemdick from it?. Use Lesbian or Ubongo if you want apt

Fucking commercial bullshit always ruining everything fuck.

Now this is comfy

Wasn't Manjaro already ruined? Or was it arch purists butthurt it got more popular? At least Debian and Ubuntu work with each other, Arch users just cry about Memejaro, with some reason, but still do nothing to help. Very selfish people.

good for them

Nice, they will probably be able to do real work now. Hobbyists projects can't survive eternally

Why would they not be butthurt? Manjaro contributes fucking nothing(0(zero)) upstream and now they want to monetize their green Arch theme.
Canonical is one of the biggest contributors to Debian.

since Manjaro is pretty much just outdated Arch with a graphical installer, why don't you install vanilla Arch?

Oh, alright that makes sense

Both wine and steam work excellent.
Just make sure to use the glibc version.

Voidlinux

>systemd OS
dropped!

>PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE ME FREE THINGS AND WORK FOR FREE BECAUSE I SAY SO WHAAAAA!!!!!!

i dont want to view this botnet of a site, can anybody tldr? spoonfeed me.

>But as of today, Manjaro Linux is no longer just a Linux distribution -- it's officially transforming into a company with ambitious plans for its future.

>Müller says that for quite some time he's been researching "ways to secure the project in its current form and how to allow for activities which can’t be undertaken as a 'hobby project.'" Crucially, he and the team wanted to reach new heights and be able to invest considerably more time into the project, without compromising the way its currently operating.

>To that end, the Manjaro team is announcing the formation of an established company, Manjaro GmbH & Co. KG, "to enable full-time employment of maintainers and exploration of future commercial opportunities." They'll also be taking on Blue Systems -- a German IT company specializing in Free and Libre software -- as an advisor.

>The biggest immediate change -- one that Manjaro supporters may applaud -- is that developers Philip Müller and Bernhard Landauer can now commit to the distribution in a full-time capacity, with an eye toward taking on even more employees down the road.

The only real problem with it is that manjaro relies on arch and no sane commercial software should ever rely on arch. They need to slowly stop being arch dependant and make their own tools or use tools from other distros.(good luck with that btw)
Personally for example i would never use arch or anything arch based on a server.
And no it has nothing to do with being bleeding edge, arch is just made like shit.
Its all pretty much the same for vidya.
Yeah they'd wish
Freeloaders are the worst thing about linux.
You could at least pay 5 bucks.

Works on my machine

too hard and a waste of time

user i dont doubt it works on you desktop but on a server owned by a company you also need ready-made tools to get you up to speed immediately and a very stable system beneath.

Installing Arch takes about 10 minutes and is as easy as reading from the installation guide. You DO know how to read, right user?
I'm just assuming you'd want to keep using a familiar system (pacman, systemd, etc.), but if you're haply to change then I'd recommend Void over Arch.

No they don't need to stop being arch dependant
all the need to do is make one bleeding edge edition, and one "stable" edition which runs packages one-two months behind the main Arch repos designed for production/server environments.

I doubt anyone will find any appeal in that though. People who like Arch very often like it precisely because it's so bleeding-edge. People who don't use Arch because they want stability are still going to find being, say, a month behind upstream to be moving way too fast, they're going to want something like Debian.

setting up luks is what killed arch for me, everything else is easy but i always ran into issues no matter what. why void anyway? what does it do thats better/ unique?

>Do you realize how fucking big of a system Debian is to completely purge all the systemdick from it?
literally 5 minutes.
We did it at my company and we have debian build without systemd.
Won't post any script because it's not public but everything work flawlessly from jessie to buster.
But it will never hit production because the systemd alternative are outdated and a pain in the ass to manage, as long as you follow CVEs and systemd issues in github you can deal with them easily like any competent sysadmin would do.
Who seriously give a shit about systemd alternatives in real life, it makes your life easier and the security issues are usualy harmless.

Attached: 1553155130472.png (650x2212, 76K)

thanks, if only there were a way to sticky this onto OP's post and shame him

That just means the Devuan devs are lazy fucks then

>i would never use arch or anything arch based on a server
i would

Cant you read nigga?
Problem with arch is NOT that its bleeding edge. Its that it is built like shit with nigger tools from niggerty city.

>"stable" edition which runs packages one-two months behind
that's a very bad idea

This is bad. Greed will overtake Manjaro and will kill it. As they test new revenue streams the users will get increasingly frustrated and abandon ship. Make no mistake, Manjaro will become botnet.

Attached: 1280-157594536-wizard.jpg (1280x1928, 288K)

I miss Manjaro OpenRC.

I like manjaro but I am not exactly welded to it
I will just go back to Bunsenlabs

Cleanjaro

Arch or openSUSE

I'm not sticking around to see it all unfold. I did the same thing back when Ubuntu thought it could become a botnet.

>tfw my work with theming openbox and gtk+ was once their default theme for the openbox spin of Mandingo Lincucks
>tfw if I had kept updating my shit, they'd still be using it and I could ask them for gibs

>guys last year I thought I was elite
>I managed to get arch installed
>imagine my fucking suprise
>when I felt like a cunt because anyone can be a 1337 h4x0r like me simply by installing Manjaro
>jesus fucking christ
>have some fucking respect and keep linux difficult to use
>AAAAAAAARGGGGH
>I am gonna fucking shoot myself in the balls because of manjaro
>FUCK YOU

I have problems playing minecraft on it, i get teleported back

i like manjaro

don't give a shit about muh secret club or muh green secret club, I use Ubuntu
just saying

I may set up a fork of Manjaro, called Mangina
The logo would be a big gay ass being pounded by a huge cock and a pair of steaming balls

How can you be too fucking dumb to set up LUKS on Arch? Honestly... Even setting up custom initcpio hooks with chained, nested and headless LUKS containers is easy as fuck (if you want to go full retard). Did you really fail to run cryptsetup once and then add the necessary UUID to the kernel parameters and crypttab/fstab? Yikes...

Canonical 2.0