Attached: ok.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

agnes.torontocast.com:8151/stream
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have used XFCE for years.
It just works.

xfce is the best de

XFCE, MATE sucks shit.

MATE has a worse panel and app menu, so Xfce. I'd even choose Cinnamon over MATE.

Quite honestly they're both are a bit of "maintenance mode" DEs.
XFCE has a release every 4 years. MATE is pretty much the same as Gnome 2... 8 years ago.
If you loved gnome 2 then you'll probably love MATE too. Gnome was always more polished and since pretty much nothing changed over the last 8 years, it still applies perfectly here. The only bad thing is non existent native video player (I use VLC anyway, but video thumbnails refuse to work without installed totem)
XFCE.. It's kind of rough around the edges, but other than that it's ok and "just works". I've been using it for a few years after Gnome 3 dropped panel support and classic mode later on, but switched to mate this year.

There's no such thing as a native video player. If they just slapped mpv or VLC onto the DE without doing anything it would be "native".

You know what I meant. "Officially supported" if you like it better.

You donʾt need to "officially support" a media player. If it's GUI is in gtk or Qt all you need is dependencies for those two. VideoLAN are the ones supporting the media player for Linux, you don't need DE maintainers to do it. You also don't need them to reinvent the wheel and make their own media player. Xfce devs have made a shit decision by having their own media player and image viewer rather than using better products.

KDE wins

Attached: linux-kde5-blur.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

KDE Pure shit

lmao imagine trying this hard to be windows incluing being shit

Attached: gnome vs xfce.png (1024x1024, 163K)

Check your version release timeline for KDE vs. Windows. MS has been imitating KDE since forever.

Xfce fixed tearing over a year ago. Did GNOME fix it's lag and resource hogging?

It's hilarious how KDE makes them seethe for absolutely no fucking reason at all. They act like got personally insulted every time you say you're using it.
I just like it because I can shape my environment exactly how I need it to be comfy.

Attached: 1504092714705.jpg (1576x2048, 844K)

i dont like that qt doesn't have a single music player that works, like audacious or quod libet or anything. theres fucking nothing, the best ive found has been something calle elisa but it cannot read music folders and all i can get working is the radio (and im not complaining about that, it actually got me into a nice instrumental radio)
agnes.torontocast.com:8151/stream

Attached: 8978906.gif (225x234, 655K)

Yes it did, with 3.32.

XFCE has hardware accel

Bump

Just buy bigger HDD lmao.

Why would you shit up your system with a desktop environment when you can combine window managers with compton and taskbars like xfce4 panel

xfce > cinnamon > mate

what the FUCK keeps you from using qmmp?

Pantheon is the only correct choice, elementary os just werkz, and werkz better than either MATE or XFCE

t. Used both MATE & XFCE for a few years, switched to Pantheon and haven't looked back

KDE sucks, stop shilling this shit.Literally the buggiest DE there is.

>elementary os
I've been meaning to try it for a while, how does it handle PPAs?

by default they're disabled because n00bs, but you can enable them, then they're essentially the same as 18.04

I find MATE to be more comfy than Xfce, but that's just my opinion. I have no problem with rat-fans who enjoy screen tearing.

Why the fuck aren't you using Cantata?

LXQt and KDE are the only worthwhile DEs. Budgie is the closest to worthwhile from Gtk land. Every other DE an absolute shit. Even standalone WindowMaker, Openbox, and FVWM, blow Xfce and MATE out of the water.

Um, sweaty... Clementine and Strawberry are Qt.

ITT linux dress up incels

GNOME Flashback > MATE

MATE designed to stay lightweight, any bloat is comfyness allopwance to not-as-savvy-out-of-the-box users.
MATE is excellent for what it is. I use MATE on an older ThinkPad, it werks. I think it'll grow a user base in time.

Attached: 3d66c2ecea95dd7c280d54381981914d29342c59.jpg (3840x2160, 351K)

so what's your point?

Attached: Pi.png (1169x679, 443K)

does it takes less of laptop battery usage than mint???

ANSWER ME user

Xfce because of the nice logo

they're both garbage
mate has a shit panel in general and xfce takes 10 fucking years to release a major version like FIX THE FUCKING SCREENTEARING ALREADY NO I DON'T WANT TO USE COMPTON BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING GARBAGE

>GNOME Flashback > MATE
Ha. So they'e brought fallback back from the dead. And looks like OpenRC is supported again in 3.32. Maybe I'll give gnome 3 a chance again.

I use
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --scale 1.41x1.41

because I use a 720p tv as a monitor. For whatever reason this breaks in KDE (or at least it did the last time I tried to use it). So I use XFCE.

up

XfCe vS mAtE

>tfw XFCE now takes up 600 MB of RAM

Attached: 1554246640595cringe.png (225x224, 7K)

Face it, there will never be any Linux music player as good as foobar2k.

you are both wrong, install Unity