Why normies killed BlackBerry?

Why normies killed BlackBerry?
Legitimately BBOS was best productivity OS that I ever used, Passport is fucking ideal phone.
But lack of support from BB, and broken browser incompatible with newer websites starts to kill it.

Attached: BBPassport.png (1200x992, 469K)

Normies didn't kill BB. Their lack of revenue did.

Revenue comes from normies mainly

BB10 OS is the most responsive mobile OS ever developed. The hub and a PKB are the only things that make communicating on a mobile device tolerable. RIP. I hope you are resurrected some day.

>target market is normies
>normies dont like the product
Then what killed BB was their retarded management.

It was pretty much impossible to go against android and iOS at the time of BBOS 10's release. If the Android support wasn't complete shit, maybe they would have had a shot.

Why no linux qwerty phone like Passport thou?

There are 2 coming out soon. Cosmo Communicator and F(x)tec Pro1. I'm going for the Pro1 because it looks like you need to set down the Cosmo to type.

>F(x)tec Pro1
Wtf, this is amazing if it gonna work, maybe it will replace my dying passport.
Thanks user

Attached: Amaz.png (271x225, 104K)

Getting a Cosmo. The keyboard should be small enough to type with your thumbs and, unlike Pro1's, has proper keys instead of phone button crap. Main downside I see is that you can't hold it like a normal portrait-orientation smartphone.

Sad thing none of those are portrait mode like old BlackBerry

If it's small enough to type with thumbs then I'm definitely getting the Cosmo. Anyways I'm waiting for reviews on both before pulling the trigger.

Why would you want to type in portrait?

Because RIM took to long to respond to android and ios. If BB10 had come like 4-5 years earlier then maybe it would have stood a chance.

Cuz it's comfy, and vertical space > horizontal space for productivity.

>vertical space > horizontal space for productivity

Attached: 1553781566689.jpg (765x630, 49K)

Smaller screens tend to benefit greatly for going squarish. So yeah, Vertical 3:2 or 1:1 is better than horizontal 16:9

Another reason why we need to gas the millenials and some stupid trailer trash boomers for ignoring Blackberry phone

>BB10 OS is the most responsive mobile OS ever developed. The hub and a PKB are the only things that make communicating on a mobile device tolerable.
This.
I "upgraded" from a Q10 to an iphone, and it's incredible how primitive and backwards the iphone is.
Everything is a resource and screen space wasting clusterfuck.
And android is even worse. My gf got one of those stupid huge ass phablets, and never, ever have I seen any app that had more information on screen as on my tiny blackberry.

Patent trolling, internal politics and the absolute state of the Storm.

Attached: 1567887579650.jpg (600x634, 88K)

fingers crossed hoping for the titan to carry the torch for phones to continue having actual physical buttons

Attached: 1560454583930.jpg (1112x900, 212K)

Waiting until december.

Attached: img_0298-e1564760566598.jpg (834x569, 69K)

I might have to get a Unihertz Titan. I've been carrying my Passport to work, and unfortunately being at a construction site I've gotten some tiny bits of sawdust and dirt in the keyboard and around the speaker.

I really don't want to use Android, or deal with two phones, but I might have to.

I had the Passport SE and you're right BBOS was amazing, still the best gesture OS created, but simple lack of an app infrastructure killed it. They needed to shell out that fat early '00's Blackberry money to pay devs to port apps but they never did.

I would buy a Blackberry. That looks good!

>normies

get a Priv

Playstore/Appstore goober

Blackberry completely and utterly failed on the software/UI perspective as wells as it's bullshit licensing and server shit for businesses.

iOS and Andriod didn't give a shit and kinda helped the BYOD shit out as they didn't care, were cheaper, and users had an easier time with the devices.

If you don't remember how shit they were to support you shouldn't be talking.

>Legitimately BBOS was best productivity OS that I ever used, Passport is fucking ideal phone.
Yeah but not to end users unless you have staff to lock them down or do shit, either way you get users with a full proof system on iOS and most of andriod. I'd rather have 100 users happy with an iphone not calling in about dumb shit than 100 users trying to figure out BBOS tech guides to install apps that are wonky

WTF?
Portrait is for mindless content consumption, never producing a damn thing. That's why every normiedevice is portrait.

Fuck i miss physical keyboards sm
>be me
>old galaxy relay broke, dropped in some mud while working
>order bb q10
>based phone, beautiful screen/keyboard/os/form factor.
>using mvno which SHOULD fucking WORK on ANY FUCKING UNLOCKED NORTH AMERICAN PHONE
>phone arrives, water damage indicator is tripped on battery but not phone itself, battery is also bulging slightly.
>nbd, just deal with it until i get a fresh battery.
>can't make calls 99% of the time, despite changing apn settings.
>data sometimes works
>texting mostly works
>mms someimes works.
>can't figure it out, carrier support never even fucking answers me.
>maybe it's a hardware issue
>get replacement phone sent right away, bless you potion seller
>replacement arrives just a couple days later, shittier condition and same exact behavior.
>raging at this point, already bought self healing screen protector and otterbox case - cheap but still i don't like unnecessary waste
>send both back, just get a shit-tier rugged samsung from 2012.
why even live?

vertical space without adequate horizontal space !== better for productivity.

If it had a unlockable bootloader it would be pretty cool but it's essentially like buying a kindle since it's locked down with a legacy fork of android.

The fireOS is based off 4.4 while I think blackberry is honeycomb based?

Meaning if they don't backport stuff from every single android release afterwards they lose a lot of support from the linux kernel.
Stuff like plugging in your xbox controller via usb-c adapter or a ethernet adapter or a usb printer or a OBDII reader.

Imagine a portrait keyboard with lineageOS and TWRP.

>fork of android.
BB10 is based on QNX.

>physical qwerty
LMAO

>stop liking what I don't like

Normies killed BlackBerry because it didn't have the games or social media apps that iPhone and Android did.
Normies killed Windows Phone for the same reason.

Actually there's a third, Unihertz Titan, which is designed after the Passport

Why do people do this? Just go online and lie about things they quite blatantly know nothing about?

>"The BlackBerry Leap is the last smartphone from BlackBerry to run the BlackBerry 10 operating system, as BlackBerry devices are now running Android instead.[8]"

Attached: 1560048483598.jpg (228x220, 17K)

The Passport runs BB10.

What's that rabbi?

Attached: Sprungbobi-squarepatzen.png (377x355, 202K)

and it was also released before the leap you dumb kike

But the post was talking about the Passport, you pulled the Leap out of your ass for no reason

I never mentioned the passport in my original post and I never responded to the OP.

You assumed as such.
I was stating why blackberry is a dead end and fucking retarded to choose in a IOS vs Android world.

>only phone mentioned by OP is the Passport
>your post didn't mention one
That makes "it" the Passport.
>I was stating why blackberry is a dead end and fucking retarded to choose in a IOS vs Android world.
Choosing an OS that died years ago is a dead end? No shit.

1. I never replied to the OP I was stating as such.
2. that doesn't negate the fact that no matter if it's using QNX or now Android that it has a locked bootloader.
3. You're a cuck and backpeddling because you didn't know that BB is now android based since post 2015.

Normies stopped using BB because android is more open to tinker with.
If you want something locked down get IOS.

>1. I never replied to the OP I was stating as such.
You implied it.
>2. that doesn't negate the fact that no matter if it's using QNX or now Android that it has a locked bootloader.
Duh
>3. You're a cuck and backpeddling because you didn't know that BB is now android based since post 2015.
Yeah, I totally didn't know my favorite line of phones along with the best mobile OS went in the shitter years ago.

Google Chrome and Firefox along with iOS and Android OSes killed the BBOS. BB's not having the apps that everyone else had access to killed them. They should have made BBOS a hybrid of Android (their own distro) that was compatible and they would have ended up fine.

>When you're doubling down on your retardation
The new Blackberries are not based on some old android or something, they are running current android, just as about any other android phone.
A modern blackberyy is just your bog standard android phone, and it's as current and up to date as any other android phone (so, not much…).
And that's what makes them crap, compared to true blackberries.

Attached: tastestlike.jpg (724x738, 78K)

the physical keyboard started to become a hindrance and Apple was better at marketing. Then android came out and provided a cheap option instead of having to go iphone and the rest was history. Black berry was popular as fuck for awhile but they flushed it all down the tube. Just like how Sony flushed its portable music player empire down the tube all because instead of making a regular mp3 player they had to make some idiotic mp3 player that uses fucking minidiscs.

>Why normies killed BlackBerry?
RIM's incompetent management kill the Black Berry...

i have a physicist friend who has a blackberry in 2019

Well, I am bio-physicist and still have passport.

I went back to my keyone after using an iphone8 plus at work after 6 months. Works perfectly fine

I had the bold, passport, classic and now the key2 which I've just accidentally ran over with my Jeep. It still works but the camera is fucked. I think I'll get another key2.

Android running blackberry hub is still pretty good. I don't notice that much difference from bb10, just better apps and compatibility.

Keyboard is pretty much the same on the key2 as on the passport, feels really nice. Android pay is something that BB10 could never have and it's really easy with the fingerprint space bar.

No, portrait is better to hold onehanded, and normiedevices are 16:9 or 22:9 only because of videos.
That's true, I only meant going square like passport/key2 or other BB Devices is better than having side qwerty with 16:9 screen. I would rather have 3:2 in portrait. (Or 4:3 or 16:10 probably too)

i thought you could run android apps on the later versions?

Blackberry killed blackberry. They kept clinging on to a delusion that they were a premium brand, but they only sold low end, or at best mid tier hardware.
BB10 was amazing, but the lack of support, and shit hardware (spec wise, and quality wise) at premium pricing made it hard for anyone to justify buying a bb10 device.

>Android pay is something that BB10 could never have
BB10 had Blackberry Wallet, BlackBerry simply dropped support when they switched to Android