Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: 34h5.png (654x676, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacpan.org/pod/PPM
code.activestate.com/ppm/
somewhere/script)
gamingscan.com/ips-vs-tn-vs-va/
veronicatv.nl/programmas/UFC/blog/nieuws/ufc-242-kijk-hier-alle-gevechten-terug/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the basic setup procedure for using Tinywall with Windows 10? Every time i start my computer, i have to put it in autolearn mode to get a connection which seems to defeat the purpose.

Whats the generic name of this adapter?
I can't seem to find a normal one.

Attached: Lg Flatron W1943SE.png (841x796, 638K)

thats an ac-dc adapter.
either use one with the million different ports, or find one on ebay specific to your laptop

Attached: CupDzZRWYAIUM4m.jpg (1200x798, 115K)

Attached: 2019-09-10-010616_862x840_scrot.png (862x840, 199K)

The best way to get PPM actually seems to be from CPAN, which begs the question why you're not using CPAN (with a package manager like cpanm) to begin with, given that you generally have access to a C/C++ compiler on a Linux installation to build binary Perl modules yourself, and the fact that ActiveState is deprecating PPM.
metacpan.org/pod/PPM
code.activestate.com/ppm/

what do i have to whitelist to fix this problem?
i just want the 3 things i use whitelisted, not shit like this every time.

Attached: sdfghsdfgsdf.png (508x954, 56K)

context of that pic?

What the hell could trigger a BPF version check error?

I want to use a command like this:
ssh $(curl somewhere/script)
The script may output the address to which I want to ssh with some parameters. So far it doesn't work. xargs doesn't help either because I need to append some special port to it too.

Last thread 404'd on me. I'm a noob. Does this temperature curve looks normal? I hear the fan rev up and down and it's kinda annoying. Shouldn't it be flatter? Is heating and cooling like that bad for the processor on the long term?

I checked the bios settings but I haven't changed the settings too much.

Attached: 1568033728817.png (922x672, 299K)

For a CPU this is kinda high if it isn't doing anything really.

Looking to set up another router connected wirelessly to the main one.

Can wireless bridging be done with a router and an ISP provided router/modem or do I need 2 routers (1 connected to the hybrid and the separate one)?

It's a chink mini-pc with a ryzen 2200G, so I guess it's to be expected. The thermal paste is probably tears from children.

That depends entirely on your script's output if you mind sharing an example.
If it's your script, what keeps you from making it output parameters exactly how ssh is expecting them, for example
-l otheruser -p 2233 some.host "some && commands && to && run"

If you don't control it, you may need an intermediate filter (shell function, awk/perl inline script etc.) to transform the script output into ssh parameters, and call it like that
ssh $(curl -s $URL | filter)
or like that (assuming parameters are separated by newlines):
curl -s $URL | filter | xargs -r -d '\n' ssh

Thank you I got it working now. My problem was that I tried it on y server with selfsigned certificated and so I need -k besides -s.
It is now working with
ssh user@$(url) -p 2255

Any lawyers here? Do you know if a code of conduct is just a set of guidelines for project's managers or maybe it has legal value and I have to follow it when I fork a project?

why is debian cinamon considered better than mint cinamon????

Are there actually any "free drivers online" sites that are legit? Sometimes trying to find drivers for older hardware is a bitch.

if you fork a project then it is just a set of guidelines and can be ignored. The CoC is only if you want to participate in their community. If you fork it and create your own community, you don't have to give a fuck. The CoC may play a bigger role if the license of the project says something about the CoC regarding the usage of the code/project (but not the other way around).

There is no difference. Also mint is based on debian. Use the one you like more or the one where you like the community more.

Thanks. It was more of a theoretical than a practical question, because I was wondering if the community of eg. Golang or Rust could abandon the mainstream repo and fork it in case Google or Mozilla does something really stupid.

I get what you are saying but still..
>no difference

well, cinnamon is just a DE. You could also install that on any other linux distribution I guess.

I think there is a bit more to mint than that. By that definition ubuntu would be just debian with gnome on top.
Also isn't mint based on ubuntu? There was a debian version too.

I just realized that I might have misunderstood you a bit.
Don't mind me, I'm just stupid.

if i can run a os in a virtual machine, can i run it as my host os too?

No problem. I really was just talking about cinnamon itself. Of course every distro got some special things from their creators too. That definition of ubuntu isn't so far off nowadays anymore.

TN or VA panel for my next high refresh rate gaymin monitor?

Your virtual machine also virtualises the hardware. There is no guarantee this works. You might not be able to run windows ME on a Ryzen processor, but you can run ME in a virtual machine if the hostOS can run on the Ryzen.

gamingscan.com/ips-vs-tn-vs-va/

Well i was planning on trying to run Qubes OS, but the problem is that Qubes supports a list of hardware.

I can't really see an issue here. Just make sure to have backups or use another hdd for testing.

I have a Promethean ActivPanel at work that I want to function as a third monitor. I tried an HDMI from my comp to the HDMI out on it but it only functions as the ActivPanel being the primary monitor. How can I get my comp to detect it? Is it even possible since the ActivPanel has a CPU of it's own? Would I need to use a Display port cable or Display to HDMI??

I want to setup a home server. Where do I look for projects/inspiration about what to host and what to do with it?

Has anyone ever tried drawing on an iPhone SE with a stylus? This autodesk sketchbook program is really good and if there is a pen that has pressure sensitivity that the program can detect and apply to line weight I'll definitely get it

is there any fast online storage? Google Drive is fucking slow both through the website and through API

Attached: My-Google-Drive.jpg (750x500, 25K)

What is a torrent? What is the difference compared to a "normal" download?
What is an image / iso exactly?
What is a package manager exactly and how does it differ from installing software under windows?
How does linux "know" from where and what exactly (e.g. version) to install when I simply type apt-get firefox?
What is the difference between "live booting" and installing an OS?
I've heard people say that when using for example Gentoo you have to "compile all your software". What does that mean in that context?
What exactly is a data stream?

Am I right in assuming that if I install windows onto a new drive I can copy over files from the old installion one to the new one and then format it?

On Bitchute's website, they say
>Advertising may be available as a source of monetization to channels that opt-in and meet the criteria
Has anyone ever seen any channels or videos that have advertising?

So I decided to start a music collection on my drive since youtube keeps deleting or blocking videos without telling what it was. I haven't pirated music in like a decade though other than youtube downloader. I don't really want to torrent it due to p2p. Any suggestions? Also which format should I use? Is youtube downloader enough for music qualitiy?

Guys, I'm changing the power supply of my computer and I disconnected some other cables. Like the cables of the front panel to turn it off, etc. So I finally found the motherboard manual and I know where I have to connect them but now I don't know where is the positive and negative.

Is the one withe triangle mark the positive? (PIC RELATED)

Attached: image.jpg (2592x1936, 1.24M)

take a better picture and then hang yourself also colors

If I can see it clear in my shitty old phone you can also do it in a computer.

White and green (POWER LED)
Black an green (ATX SW) The one to turn it on/off.

Trying to revive an old PC.
It doesn't post anymore, but everything else seems to work fine.
It used to have posting problems for years before it died, but once it posted, it always ran fine.
I was sure it was the motherboard that was faulty, it having busted capacitors everywhere, but replacing it didn't solve a thing.
So, it's probably the power supply (again) I guess. Already ordered a new one.

Yet I can't shake the feeling it's something else, considering how it always ran great once it posted.
Could a dying processor cause the same kind of issues? Or dying ram perhaps? It doesn't even beep.

If put an ssd in one of those (pic related) the ssd will be ok or there is chance killing it

Attached: 61nyeGfWCeL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 81K)

Is it wrong to learn more programming languages? I currently know Python, JS, C, C++ and Haskell, but I'm not sure if it's actually worth to try and learn something new (idk, I thought about Java/Clojure).

What is the proper way to use one of the big cloud providers (onedrive, google drive) with encryption to back up a lot of data? Making one big encrypted archive is not practical because if I'm gonna need to get a file I would need to download it all. I could encrypt each file but I don't want the file name to be readable, but then if I encrypt the file name too how am I going to find the file if I need it?

cheapest laptop that runs games like wow classic and Minecraft? I thought about a ThinkPad but there are probably better options

The company I work for has some IP security cameras dotted around the place. Is it possible for me to find the IP address without accessing the computers in the office? How might I go about doing this?

Been employed since Jan 2018, want to go out west and make those meme salaries that get shilled on Jow Forums by zoomer interns. What's the best way to get my foot in the door?
I applied to Google last July, but whenever I spoke with the recruiter, I started spilling spaghetti and sweating from my knees and pockets. I'm no good at leetcode and whiteboard interviews. Just need some career advice Jow Forumsuys, don't want to end up in a dead end job.

What is this?

Attached: IMG_20190909_154809.jpg (1480x1536, 316K)

A parallel port.

Thanks

Idk why there's two sqt, someone made another one but added "that dont deserve their own thread" i dont see that one surviving

Figure this one's better, here's what I said in that thread:

Why does your computer get slow when the hard drive files up and when junk collects in Chrome? Are they both separate phenomenons or related (I'm not sure). Is it something to do with paging? I figured a certain amount would be allocated for paging/swap and it should run as normal until it gets to like 100MB left

Yes. Your ram is full and the OS needs to store/get data from swap/pagefile because of that. The slower your storage device, the slower your computer. That's why people prefer SSD to HDD nowadays.

Every time I leave my laptop for even just a couple minutes, when I come back to it it's on 100% CPU usage and the fan is at full take off throttle
How do I stop windows 10 going fucking apeshit doing god knows what whenever I stop looking at it?

External HDD cannot be read in my laptop. On one instance it started making strange noises (to be faily it was slightly lifted there iirc) Occationally it will read one partition but not the other. Plugged it into my desktop, I can be read fine there and makes no noises. I have a suspicion it's a faulty cable (the cable was resting differently when plugged into the desktop).

Are there any Jow Forums recommended tools to diagnose any problems?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x887, 92K)

I read the documentation multiple times, and I still don't understand the difference between green and gray scripts on uBlock Origin. I know red means blocked, and green means allowed. What does gray mean?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 5.25.51 PM.png (678x658, 72K)

HDD turning on and off, what could it be?

Get a Y-cable for the laptop or hook it up to a powered hub where the connectors aren't all busted out yet.

so I downloaded dolphin emulator and its been running mostly smoothly at 60 frames. last night I downloaded epsxe, test out one game, mess with the config a bit, and it seems to run well. Today I go back to dolphin and its running terribly at 15 fps. any idea whats causing this? I havent made any changes to dolphin or to my pc other than installing epsxe

Check the power settings to see if it's set to turn off after X minutes of inactivity

Could also just be dead or dying

How do I get a virtual mobile phone number, so that I can deal with receive verification and security messages and send replies anywhere on earth?

I've never heard of such a service, but it shouldn't be that different from renting an email server.

So I purchased a 1TB SATA 2.5" SSD to put in my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop, as the 2.5 slot was open, for more storage. In the control panel, it shows under disks, but when I go to My PC in the file explorer, it doesnt show. Im not sure what to do.

Attached: Capture.png (1785x303, 433K)

google temporary phone number, there's dozens of websites for that just like there are for temporary email addresses

the M.2 slot is the C drive, where the OS is installed when I got the computer, the CT1000MX500SSD1 is the sata I plugged in

Assign it a letter.

Go to Disk Management, the new drive will show up there as unallocated partition or something like that. Format it, give it a label if you want, should start working then

Here's the SMART info from CrystalDisk on the desktop. First interpreting SMART data but everything appears fine, if I'm not mistaken?

Attached: smart.jpg (675x708, 120K)

Is jailbreaking still a thing? I got a hand-me-down ipad2, but this is the first Apple device I've had.

I restarted my pc and got 60 fps back but now there are some performance issues that werent there before, mostly graphical. something definitely changed but idk what

It just looks like a SATA-USB connector with a case built on top, and some mystery plug in the middle. I'd be more worried about not being able to find a replace wire.

I need this for PayPal, though. I'd prefer to have some kind of claim on the number if I'm using it for security.

Unless you are planning to use it for intensive stuff, i doubt it.
No, windows and games are not intensive.

How do I save nudes from snapchat without notifying the other person? Using an iphone 6. I know it used to be possible with jailbreaking but not sure if that's still the case. Any advice?

best noobie tutorial for python?

Thanks, did just that and got it working.

>constantly flying
>every streaming app that has offline storage doesn’t work on macOS

So, how many angry letters will I get from my ISP for torrenting normie series? Is it worth buying a vpn? I’m also willing to pay for a private tracker just to avoid this bullshit hurdle.

Asking for a pretty big favour here but would really really appreciate the help

This site has some videos I'd like to download.
veronicatv.nl/programmas/UFC/blog/nieuws/ufc-242-kijk-hier-alle-gevechten-terug/

I can't seem to get youtube-dl to work though. Anyone got any ideas or workarounds?
The thing about the site is you need a Netherlands IP, and you also need a login. Creating an account is free, you don't even have to verify anything so you can just type in anything. And I can use a VPN to spoof Netherlands IP in a browser. But I can't get this to work to download the videos. Anyone able to have a go?
Thanks

Attached: 1554096230115.gif (200x214, 280K)

I use my mouse both at home and at work but neither has bluetooth so I've been carrying around the unifying receiver around like a monkey, should I buy a bluetooth dongle or another unifying?

thank bros

Forgot my Windows password
How do I enter safe mode from restarts?
F8 doesn't work neither does Windows + R keys
B450 tomahawk mobo

Try clipconverter.cc or an actual program you need to download?
Maybe it is getting the ip of the conversion site

Deleting for real this time because I figured it out myself.

I've broken off the pin to a VGA cable on my commodore 1950 monitor, the other connector is internal and is just a row of pins. Is there a internal standard that I could get or a way to fix the pin?

How do people get the console to show all of the PC specs, like you see in desktop threads?

Attached: 024.jpg (720x960, 81K)

So how do you guys deal with your electronic junk
My pc is starting to fill up with cables and old parts

On linux people generally use screenfetch or neofetch

>My pc
I meant my room

Why does the NoJs captcha require referers to be enabled? Why doesn't it work when you spoof them?

Can I use a standard cat5 rj45 ends/crimper on a cat6 cable? From what I can see it doesn't seem like it should matter but I see cat5 and cat6 crimpers available for sale on Amazon but the difference in cat5 and 6 is in cable throughput. Are they physically different in size or dimensions or anything?

How do I update my public address on record in California?

do intermittent graphics errors definitely mean a failing gpu?

that's a micro-b 3.0 connector, dumbass. It was a USB standard for almost 5 years.

No. Could be a connection in the computer or a bad cable/port

if you're proficient enough, move the GPU to another slot that it will fit in and see if it's stable. if that's the problem, you need a new motherboard or you need to put it into a different PCIE slot.

But test cables first, they are the most likely culprit. Also download some diagnostic software for your GPU like zGPU or afterburner, see if it's overheating or anything else fucky.

the different between cat5 and other versions of ethernet cables is usually strictly the cable itself, not the connector. follow a guide on line if you're worried about getting full bandwidth, there is a particular pattern of shielding and twists to getting it all working at full speed (for 10gb at least)

contact the services getting your address wrong, there's usually no registry for address lookup (this includes phonebooks, you gotta call the local company making them as well)

recycle anything you don't think you'll ever use.

Keep whatever you think is neat/useful.

does it spark joy? (i hate that bitch, do whatever you want)

>Why does your computer get slow when the hard drive files up and when junk collects in Chrome? Are they both separate phenomenons or related (I'm not sure). Is it something to do with paging? I figured a certain amount would be allocated for paging/swap and it should run as normal until it gets to like 100MB left
Bump