Webm converter

>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

why does this piece of shit only use 1 thread in the first past even though in the settings threads have been set to 12?

Attached: 1537046345594.jpg (715x429, 73K)

>first past
pass*

why the fuck are you using that instead of CLI ffmpeg?

because I want a gui to set things up instead of having to memorize and look up every single fucking command and setting

>CLI ffmpeg
it's slow as shit

>why does this piece of shit only use 1 thread in the first past even though in the settings threads have been set to 12?
Because it's only a graphical frontend for ffmpeg and won't magically fix libvpx.

>libvpx uses a single thread
freetards btfo.

>using CLI

What a fag. Get your bullshit out of here and learn to write a decent GUI.

At least for the first pass, yes. The bigger problem is the lacking multithreading during the actual encoding process. Only tile-based multithreading after all those years.

Then write a script you fucking retarded mongrel

why? the GUI does more than autistic faggots like you can make

just use kdenlive bro

VP8 is shit, that's why. Goddamn it neo-moot just let me use H264 so I can do full hardware encoding and decoding already

>Too many cli options.
Use a .ffpreset
or get webm.py off github.

and how are these better than a gui?

>I want a gui to set things up instead of having to memorize and look up every single fucking command and setting
you only really use like 4 parameters when you encode webms for Jow Forums. more if you're autistic. how is ffmpeg -i input.whatever -c:v libvpx -b:v 500k -c:a libvorbis -b:a 64k output.webm hard to remember? especially since you convert videos all the time.
>the GUI does more than autistic faggots like you can make
that's plain wrong. ffmpeg has >= options than whatever gui (((app))) you throw at it because they're all just wrappers for ffmpeg.

because you can only pararellize encoding on keyframe boundaries. however keyframes cost size, so probably are set to infinite intervals in the script you use, therefore only the first frame is keyframe.

>why does this piece of shit only use 1 thread
You have already answered your own question.

A gui doesn't select the correct options for you any better than the command line does, unless the gui offers presets.
Using a ffpreset does the same thing. webm.py is a front end for ffmpeg that let's you specify basic filetype filesize etc. and chooses the fine tooth options for you. ffmpeg -target is another cli option.

>more if you're autistic.
And how many non-autists do you imagine post on Jow Forums?
If there's a knob they must twiddle it.

retard

Since it's a webm. Look up how vp9 compresses shit and you'll understand

that's doesn't mean you have to. my point still stands - ffmpeg is more versatile and easier to use.