Finish high school

>finish high school
>enjoy computer games & being an introvert
>think I should probably major in CS or Math or something
>major in CompE & Applied Math
>sludge through nightmare degree packed to the brim with cheating gooks & gurpreets
>they all pass despite blatantly cheating, like literally turning in character for character exact same assignments while being piped through that anti-cheating tool from MIT
>finally finish grueling masochistic double degree, 75k deep in debt
>get shitload of job offers cause i actually gave a fuck during my degree & did non trivial projects and had a couple internships
>take firmware engineer job for 70k, 3k sign
>hmmm, money not as great as everyone said it would be, still decent
>1 year later into job, it's an absolute nightmare
>if you're a straight white man who is an actual proper engineer who can get shit done, you'll be working minimum 60 hour weeks
>"Hey user, thanks for writing that DSP firmware. Can you write a kernel module to talk to it real quick like? Also profile it to make sure it's stable and won't crash our system? Also, when that's done, could you write a JavaScript front-end to the C++ rest API you wrote last week? Yeah yeah, we know you studied transistor physics and not webdev shit, but do it anyway. All in a week. Good luck!"
>have to stay up to date on constantly changing technologies, even though my principle job is kernel module development even the fucking Linux kernel is developed at light speed these days
>have to know literally everything about Linux internals, modern C++, modern Python for rapid prototyping, web-dev for building REST APIs and responsive front-ends that hook into them, scalable web hosting and configuration, networking stuff from the brainlet level of HTTP all the way down to literal raw ethernel signals on an oscilloscope

Attached: coomer.png (1044x869, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cO79mMx6Ieg
youtube.com/watch?v=pm-Ia6vI4PA
youtube.com/watch?v=DTaXfbvGf8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>also have to be proficient in circuit design and debugging, reading schematics, operating oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers that cost more than my salary
>oh also, write some VHDL & Verilog for some FPGAs and CPLDs we have, also do the PCB layout and don't you dare fuck up any pin layouts cause a board respin is expensive as fuck, no pressure
>also also, make everything uber generic so we can take anything you make and drop it into any of our products and have it just werk ™ cause we're too cheap to hire more capable engineers cause we know they won't stick around for all of our shit or will want an actual salary that doesn't chuff cum
>all for zero appreciation and no praise cause the shit I do is essential but mostly under-the-hood system style stuff
>meanwhile Gurpreet and Luo Zhang are in the Bay Area making twice what I am doing half the work cause muh racist nepotism
>on top of all the actual work you have to do as an engineer, you have to play retarded office politics with onionboy coworkers
>have to deal with techbros who have zero technical ability but are giga-charismatic so you have to work with them anyways, sometimes even under them
>have to deal with the techcucks who base their entire personality and self-worth on how """smart""" they are, and will butt into every conversation you have like an autist and make you really uncomfortable
>you have vacation time but taking time off is a complete taboo and people will literally forget you work there if you take a vacation longer than a week

Attached: twiBWFW.png (840x854, 412K)

Everyone knows low level programming pays like shit and is just a Jow Forums meme.

>webcucks who spent $1500 for a 3 day angularJS bootcamp will make more than kernel developers with decades of experience

capitalismus has failed us

supply & demand

lrn 2 economics

>literally thousands of webcucks for every low level guy
>piss easy to learn & do

ah, the old boomer "read an economics book" meme

Attached: eda hvat.jpg (734x729, 91K)

You posted this before.

correct. looking for a fellow coomer who knows the despair of the nonNEET life. i took today off due to the extreme dread of the weekend ending, i couldn't handle it. working sucks cum.

cope

> fellow coomer
tf

HOLY FUCK... YOU ARE GOLDEN.
Can I be your friend? :(
You have SO SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE :0

Throwaway emails? :)

How did Gurpreet and Luo Zhang get to work in the bay area exactly? Is their really favoritism with diversity in technical roles? Or are they just smarter than you? You did maths, you should know that hard work is often unrelated to intelligence.

there are literal github repositories in mandarin and whatever language most indians speak where gooks and indians inside FAANG companies will give you a free referral and let you know ahead of time what your interview questions will be

Post some links, I don't believe you

If whites had this kind of racial loyalty, you wouldn't be in this situation.

OP if you aren't LARPing get a new job ASAP. You have skillz that are certainly in demand and there is no reason you should put up with this.

>Be wageslave
>create profit-bearing website in spare time
>work overtime, accumulate good credit and a downpayment on a house
>buy house
>pay low interest payments using ad revenue
>learn C++ while unemployed, create video games
>form the game company BASED

Fuck I thought at least the tech companies would behave like a meritocracy. Everywhere you need 'connections' bah humbug.

I bet you don't have any, just larping. Show a proof

>Show a proof
assblasted gurpreet spotted

Its going to be like this anywhere you go, every company needs somebody to subsidize the rest of the staff. that is always going to wind up being the people who think that productivity is a virtue

Nah, I just want to check before blindly believing in something.
He doesn't have any link, he's just a larper faggot.

And the solo company REDPILLED

as much as i hate the leeches of society, the problem i see here is your inability to say no. well done. if you are really the hot shit you are claiming to be, quit the job and go to a better position. trash is always going to be trash, you are not a janitor. not your mess to clean up.
the problem i see here is that you, not willing to rock the boat as lead to them taking advantage of you, this is worse in your case because you are an introvert. work on being assertive, clearly you have resorted to whine on a anonymous board rather than ACTION. this place is good for relieving temp frustration, but not for long term character growth. leave and let the free hand of the market take care of the mess that is your workplace.
always aim for your personal satisfaction/growth before trying to ”fix“ the system, as I said before not your mess to fix, and frankly i dont think you are equipped to do so.

Attached: CHADJEET.jpg (640x1280, 103K)

this sounds like a nice job for an electronic engineer

don't gaslight me. no one individual is capable of changing something larger than them unless they are of exceptional character and Machiavellian.

yes, i use this dogshit imageboard full of LARPing NEETs as a venting source. the best i can do it apply to other jobs but it's difficult to find time to go chug through ridiculously long tech interviews while already overworked at a full time gig.

>work your ass off at some shit job you're overqualified for making no money
>can't fix anything because everyone around you is stupid with no incentive to improve
>no time to even think about getting another job because bills and debts
welcome to capitalism, lad

the worst part if people shill tech as if it's some sort of meritocracy & the best will rise to the top making 600k/yr at some west coast company

>but it's difficult to find time to go chug through ridiculously long tech interviews
>but it's difficult to find time
This is the problem right here. Free up some time. If your employer forces you to do overtime against your will they have you by the balls. You are their bitch.

Become a consultant and charge 500 the hour you dumb fuck

>entire post clearly about being overworker and never having any time for anything
>"heh, bro, just find some time brah. ignore the fact that 95% of companies expect you to come in for a 6+ hour long technical interview during normal work hours bro. just squeeze it into your lunch break!"

Attached: boomysip.jpg (380x349, 30K)

good luck on your hunt for a better situation. Meanwhile, you should be cultivating your self and setting clear boundaries towards your superiors, you don't have to push back on all of the grievances that you listed above, but aleast one or two might be a good start. all the people you work with, have a preconceived image of you as a certain person, that you yourself are not comfortable with. trying to push back on it will provide you with the feedback on what you should do next. either they respect your boldness and will accept your new self image, or will retaliate. the workplace is full of people, play the people game OP.
my intention wasnt to undermine your personhood or belittle your concerns.
also enumerating all the bad shit that happened is a good way to get more angry.
the reason for remembering mistakes is to improve upon and change, not to get bitter and poison your mental state.

Glad I'm not american.

The entire companies relies on him to do everything. He can double his pay if he plays his cards right and demands a raise.

>>"heh, bro, just find some time brah.
Yes, you tell your current employer to fuck off so you can go to these interviews. Work whatever time you are obligated to work in a week in your employment contract and not an hour more and do your interviews. If your management bitches about deadlines then tell management that they are horrible with managing their project and have very poor judgment. Over-hours are a symptom of badly maneged projects. Fuck them.

What are they going to do? Lock you up in the office? Fire you, the most competent employee that has implemented everything and knows everything about every system in-and-out?

There is a saying: "The hardest working horse is beaten the most." That is because beating a lazy horse will not make it work faster.

EU version is needing a PhD in Computer Science to get a job making 400 euros a month for the same job a west coast American makes $13,000 a month for.

i'm NOT the most competant employee, that's the thing. there's 12 of us, and 3 of us 12 have a working life as described in the OP. it's just the norm at this company. i can feel my sanity and self-respect withering day by day

Just ask for a pay raise, what could possible go wrong? Will the boss's head explode or something? Will he unsheath his katana, tell you that you have brought shame to the company and demand you to perform seppuku?

no he would just drop the typical "hur if you dont like your pay you can just leave the job" and if for someone reason you decide to stay, the boss from now
on will have a negative look

or i dont know, you quit and the boss hires an indian durgasoft

yeah good luck making it in the gaming industry in 2019. you're going to need a free to play with new content every single week. You can't do that unless you have investors and resources. you're competing against fortnite and other FTP shits

Update your LinkedIn. Boast a lot in it. Recruiters will flock to you. Also if HR sees you update LinkedIn they will try and retain you by increasing your salary.

>hur if you dont like your pay you can just leave the job
Sure thing boss, I will schedule interviews in the coming weeks. This means that I won't be able to do any over hours like I used to.

Why dont you go get a different job? Sounds like you are super qualified and have relevant experience. Go somewhere else....

Job hopping while already employed is a catch 22. Recruiters don't want you unless you're already employed (therefor hire-able & desirable) but you typically won't have the bandwidth to go job hunting and interviewing because you're already employed. It's never really as simple as "just go somewhere else".

learn to say no faggot

How can you be so pathetic?

I'm about to get started with a dual major in math and CS too, I really enjoy these subjects and this depresses me.
Should I switch majors? I don't want to.

Attached: killcrab.jpg (511x788, 108K)

i'd switch. everyone and their mother is doing a cs degree

>Should I switch majors?
Will you suffer less by studying something you like less? You can only be a master of something you like to do. No one has ever masters a skill one does not like to practice.

If you realy do want to switch I suggest any other engineering field, physics, chemistry, electronics, electrical, mechanical, automation. Don't go into astrology or (((theoretical physics))), it's full of bullshit. The Electric universe model is the most correct one based on observation. It is something they won't teach you there.

People who studied physics end up working in the financial sector most of the time (banks and other financial institutions) because they have the hardest math.

>Electric universe model
Same user. Don't get trapped by new-age bullshit and fake news articles.

ThunderboltsProject YouTube channel is a good source:
youtube.com/watch?v=cO79mMx6Ieg
youtube.com/watch?v=pm-Ia6vI4PA
youtube.com/watch?v=DTaXfbvGf8E

If you're doing kernel dev you should be able to get a c/c++ dev job for 150k+ easily. I know several HFTs that would pay 250k+ for a low latency developer. HFT devs have it tougher I'd say. Tends to be an 80 hour work week and you could get assblasted by your boss if you fuck up some trading algo causing millions of loses.

If you hit enough math it doesn't matter much what you study. I'm pretty much in OP position (but majored in physics) and forced to work all the way from designing my own circuits to getting shit done in React. But this is actually freakin fun and I work with awesome team and are getting solid money for the same 60 hours week. Actually I don't see problem working overtime if it pays good as I also will be doing pretty much same coding in my spare time for free.

you need to take a break and move on to a different job

This. I just got done with Abitur but missed an application deadline and start this winter semester instead of straight after. Everyone i know is makes that "Yeah i don't know about that" face when i tell them what i'm about to study, meanwhile i can't fucking wait because i'll be learning nothing except what i wanted to from here on out. No more music, no more "ethics", no more fucking (with the) french, no more chemistry. Only math, and all things computers.
I'm aiming for the top anons. I want the highest degree they can offer me and i'm willing to spend years to get there. I'll dream code, eat circuits for breakfast and recite algebra as a good night prayer to RNJesus by the time i'm through, but i'll be set to do what i love for the rest of my life.

Attached: 1567203265224.jpg (816x816, 268K)

that's actually what i love about this job.
except the overtime. that really sucks.

You ever try saying "No" ?

I've nothing on you but here goes

>sign up for java developer because that's what you do when youre not webdev or systems
>turns out they have their own framework that becoming proficient in will not teach me anything worthwhile
>realize I'm fullstack with swt and hibernate
>realize I'm not even developer but support that maintains huge enterprise software
>bug reports come directly from customer with no screenshots or parameterization, sometimes don't even know how to get to the process they're describing or what dialog they clicked
>bug fixes GO INTO LIVE WITH NO TESTING
>specs for new features are written by consultants with no analysis and look like meeting drafts more than anything
>one of specs talked about nonexistent data entities that I found out didn't exist at the end of implementation
>time estimates are fucking whack and anytime I develop something I have to spend half of the estimated time debugging the process to even understand the context of what I'm doing
>Noone actually knows how any given feature is supposed to work except like one senior tester, all documentation is garbage

Attached: IMG_20190716_131129.png (426x475, 249K)

Should have just studied pure math an work a 40k job. High paying jobs are mostly a meme anyway.

> hahaha, "no", he says!
> well, user, Pajeet shitterian will do it for you, don't worry.

>pink slip, "unprofessional/disruptive behaviour"

Attached: 1567375648234.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>This all because I'm straight and white
No you IDIOT it's because you fell for the firmware meme and didn't realize that you essentially fucked yourself. Luckily you have gotten bottom.up skills and should be able to apply for webdev postion print money and do hardware on you spare time

>what is fortnite

>> what is fornite
> post this replies to literally mentions fortnite

user, I...

Attached: 1567459970910.png (429x410, 10K)

Learn to say no. If you can't, get a new job. It doesn't even need to be an active search; put up profiles on job sites, LinkedIn, contact headhunters, etc.

If you're as hot shit as you claim you are, you shouldn't be in this situation in the current environment. Fix your life.

>"Haha ok."
>Updates LinkedIn
>Get better job in the industry I actually want
>Better pay, hours, life, etc.
>FF 2 years
>Original company goes bankrupt because shit code and pajeets strike cause pajeets hire pajeets

Ez Pz

Attached: 1535383624192.png (600x400, 147K)

>tfw accidentally have been setting boundaries at work this whole time because too autistic to make time estimates and to realize that saying "no" is antisocial

Attached: poos can't into IT.png (1850x4917, 1.63M)

>Build trading software for 250k/yr for people who will make that this month
>Not just building your own trading software and making 250k/month???

>80 hours a week just to get blamed when your boss inevitably doesn't make his compound profits

>be me, EE major
>get power systems job at architecture firm right out of college making 60k
>very boring job, 5% actual engineering, 95% drafting in CAD and emailing people
>45 hours a week, so longer hours
On the other hand
>chill office environment, small office
>like the people I work with
>flexible hours, can call each other fags, rubber band wars, etc
I want to get into more interesting stuff soon though. I need to brush up on my c++ and see if there are any more interesting jobs

>he fell for the embedded meme

I would laugh if the same didn't happen to me but with even lower pay than you

Just become a teacher you retard.

Get a better job you LARPing faggot.

Just do less work, what are they gonna do, fire you, which would free you from a job you hate?

IM COOOMING

this exact same post was here a few weeks ago
OP is a LARPing faggot
hope you get a lot of karma for this post ;w; q.q!!

this, i feel like just halting and being conplete ass is way better than quitting. Plus getting fired = neetbux

>>Not just building your own trading software and making 250k/month???
implying you know how to trade

>posting something more than once makes it a larp
imagine being this retarded

Attached: danoffice.jpg (625x415, 31K)

yeah fuck that id rather be homeless

Between Data Science, Software Engineering and Cryptography, which would let to a less soul-crushing job?

I'm paid to work 35hours a week, I never work a single second more.
I arrive at 8am and leave at 16pm, I don't give a shit about my company, my job is a tiny part of my life as it should be.

enjoy never getting a promotion

Cryptography.
mostly retard-free but you will have to deal with larpers and unbearable (((smart))) people.
imo it's still better than your average webdev with negative iq

>this snibs the snab

I don't live in burgerland, I already work more than most of my coworkers and higherups, promotions really are not a problem in my country.

You can always promote yourself by finding a higher paying job.

management doesn't see anything else but your output.

I put in 60-70 hours a week and didnt get shit. Then I said "fuck it" and started half-assing minimal effort everything, and suddenly im promoted to senior engineer and a nice pay raise whilst also being put in the "lead dev" group.

Don't give your job a SINGLE SECOND more than what they pay you for, it won't be noticed by the people who actually one should be noticed by.

>not posting a screenshot from a BBG terminal
in all seriousness, be wary of trying to trade yourself, especially algorithmically. there's a high probability that you'll get absolutely rinsed
t. dev in a systematic hedge fund

who tf needs that when we have tradingview lmaoooo

also i don't trade with algos

Just tell them you need more time.

If they say get it done in a week or else, just say it will be done when it is done. Stand firm.

If you are any good they won't fire you.

Your employer piling work onto you until you break very a common scenario.

IGM - nothing else matters.

>(((unpaid forced one hour lunch)))
>today's gonna be a (((lunch and learn))) guys

Too real please delete dis.

>people will literally forget you work there if you take a vacation longer than a week
I’m not seeing the problem here
>go on long vacation
>manager who gives you too much work to do forgets you exist
>HR keeps you on the books and you still get paid

>16pm

Attached: 4C28777D-C96B-4CCB-9DAA-55F269D5836E.jpg (247x250, 6K)

Sure. [email protected]

>have to deal with the techcucks who base their entire personality and self-worth on how """smart""" they are, and will butt into every conversation you have like an autist and make you really uncomfortable
this is literally Jow Forums and /sci/

Saying "no" is the single handed best thing you can do for your sanity. I spent the first few years of my career saying "yes" to everything and was turned into a door mat. Turns out when you actually challenge people your life is much better.