Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Positional-Audio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neat

based and mumblepilled
fuck discord trannies

fuck discord

Jow Forums mumble server, when?

its problem is that the UI is fucking garbage. Looks like it came straight outta 90's. It's fucking shit and no one would ever use it.

Too bad ui and site look like shit, like with all open-source stuff

aaathats3as is close enough to official

Haha based posts bros. Gamers rule, #hypesquad ftw mirite?

It's clean, logical, takes very little screen space. It has basic qualities of good UI. Discord UI is bloated, buttons are too big and whole main window takes too much space. Placement of server list, chat and friends list is not intuitive and you can't change it.

Both of these posts are correct. That's why Ventrilo exists because it literally "just werks" and the only thing you could consider doing is the compression thing to make all people have the same audio level

Why are you assuming I prefer Discord? I liked TS3 better. Was like a mumble but nicer and more popular. I honestly do not give a shit about open source or not. I had my own ts3 server on amazon web servers for free and it was nice af.

It's very similar to TS3 and gaymers were using it just fine until very recently. Bet you don't even know about TS you fucking zoomer

My company uses mumble for talkie-talkie like communications. It just werks
also we don't use discord since it literally robs private files off your computer

why do you use chrome and or firefox then?

mumble is ok once you get it tuned.
The issue is you have to know what youre doing and not be a fucking pleb inorder to get voice activated mic to work correctly.
The entire procedure usually involves getting idiots to install teamviewer every time someone new joins so I can set it up myself.

Also the lips icon is fucking retarded and disgusting. cringe/10.

It lacks basic features people expect today such as file sharing and video. A long term chat log would be ideal too. Its obnoxious loosing the history every time you disconnect.

With that being said its my first choice in voip.

oh wow, i didn't know mumble has positional tracking for immersive audio chat
neat
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Positional-Audio

new ui

Attached: theme-lite.png (681x487, 25K)

better. There is good skin support so Ill give them that. I always got use to a decent looking skin and was embarrassed after talking someone into getting mumble and forgetting to set up a skin for them they start talking shit about the lips and I just cringe like "ohh I forgot about that"

Can you write up what you usually do to get it configured properly? Don't want to look like a retard when I join a public server.

you just need to go to the audio input settings, pic the right sound card, and fuck with the mic cut off levels so that it doesnt activate from the mics own amp hiss.
this is too much for normies.

It literally opened a wizard which did precisely that on first launch. Good thing I have it properly configured then.

idk about any of that. congratulations.

Oh I get my email from them lmao I didn't know they had a mumble

and that's a good thing