Rate my purchase Jow Forums

HP Chromebook - 14-ca051wm

I got this for school.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T430-14-Laptop-Intel-i5-3230M-2-60GHz-4GB-RAM-120GB-SSD-Win-10/193093217883?epid=140711700&hash=item2cf540ae5b:g:-fAAAOSwfzVddmcH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how much did it cost?

And play.

And Play.

Cost me $125 before taxes

0/10, you are a fucking retard

oh, okay

This

>not thinkpad

Attached: 1551361170621.jpg (551x550, 20K)

Um, the fuck you gonna do with that?

Absolutely retarded, you should have gotten a Thinkpad for less and done more with it

You're stupid

this

Could've bought a used MacBook Pro or Thinkpad from 2001

to be fair, it's impossible to find a Thinkpad for that price that has a 1080p IPS screen

you spent hundreds of dollars on a web browser?

You honestly think any of the shitpad hipsters and mactoddlers in here do anything else with their laptops?

good, now install a non-botnet os

Woah man, like take it easy. There's no need to be a hater

He was going to tell you to get a thinkpad no matter what price you said. Beware of ThinkPad fiends.

Beware of perfection? What kind of advice are you giving out user

I sometimes manipulate images before posting them to Jow Forums, and I use a special program for that.

Do you just need word and browsing? If that's the case then it's really personal preference. You'll probably have better battery life on this than you will any used thinkpad. Still though idk if I'd ever recommend this to anyone

paint.net is all you need for simple shitposts., you don't need a fuarken joocy cpu for that

Word Online is extremely limited in functionality. I personally prefer the fully-featured desktop program.

But you need more than a glorified browser

but then again I'm posting this from a TN Thinkpad so who cares

install gentoo

At least it's cheap. Hard to find another positive though … Chrome OS is pretty secure too, so no one will steal your homework.

Poor...in every sense of the word

Datamined/10

This meme is gay as fuck.

His model is 14 inch tn 720p

Your argument is invalid

Fucking 10/10 YYEEAAH HAAAUUWWW OP!

AND PLAY

Should have got a ThinkPad on eBay.
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T430-14-Laptop-Intel-i5-3230M-2-60GHz-4GB-RAM-120GB-SSD-Win-10/193093217883?epid=140711700&hash=item2cf540ae5b:g:-fAAAOSwfzVddmcH
Take the shit chromebook back to Walmart and buy this.

Attached: tpebay.png (1247x667, 430K)

could of gotten a thinkpad that runs an actual OS

Attached: 1558535310561.png (595x36, 5K)

looks like old dukey

What about that Walmart brand Windows laptop?

you mean the hp stream? yeah works well enough, and you can install linux on it

Chromebooks are comfy af as an internet machine. I find Google Docs too restrictive though.

this is Jow Forums. unless you're an amd shill and a linux shill you're wrong and worthless. might as well gas yourself.

I mean Evoo laptops

Based. I have a Samsung Chromebook.

Please BUZZ off, wild herd. These asinine remarks cloud up the waters. Chromebooks are capable now that Google has effectively perfected client side server deliver of their cloud products. I am quite aware of botnets. I have a system set up for that. This man needs his system tailored to his uses. Y OU FUCKING HEAR ME, NIGGERS?

The only real benefit of a low-end shittop like a chromebook or a windows 10 32gb emmc shittop is 10 hours of battery life once you install a lightweight operating system that doesn't eat up the entire storage device.

HP streams make nice dev laptops.

Install GalliumOS

this post has been sent to the authorities
you will be charged with a hate crime for that, racist

why are these even so popular

$100 doesn't buy you shit these days
it does buy you a nice computer tho

>I am quite aware of botnets. I have a system set up for that
>he thinks he can escape the botnet while using a fucking chromebook

Attached: 1496676132006.jpg (596x699, 157K)

it IS IPS at least, but the fact that it won't be able to play video above that res let alone store any of it is enough to invalidate it all the same

>This man needs his system tailored to his uses
what uses? using chrome? LMAO

Attached: 1543280770411.png (417x578, 195K)

ooooffff

Attached: Mon 09-10-01 PM 2019-09-09.png (474x69, 15K)

I'd say you fucked up by getting a non-ARM

It's shit for gaming for good enough for most purposes.
It's meant for web browsing and nothing else.

An ARM chromebook will outlast a few T430 batterys.. yeah

Looks gay.
So perfect for you op.

Attached: N8JQAYLAJ9.jpg (650x650, 63K)

I love all the butthurt ThinkPad fags who are too autistic to realize that there are other things with other pros and cons.

I would have gotten the 11.6" version. Portability, speed, ease of use and battery life is where they really shine, the 14" version gets a slight hit on that compared to the 11.6" one. Very nice otherwise, enjoy.

I have an Asus C301SA I use for school.
I put GalliumOS on it so it has everything I need and it's served me well.

>ancient hand-me-down with no warranty/support, a DOA/severely decayed battery, overheating shitty CPU and a bezel you could land a 747 on
I'd unironically take the Chromebook or at least buy a nice high-end laptop if I went used, T4x0s were second-rate fleet shit even when they were new.

It's a 6W tdp dual core CPU in a modern day netbook for under $200, that's like 9-10 hours of battery life even with a shit battery.

Thinkpads will never reach this level of utility in a small 11" form factor, especially now that the X series is neutered garbage.

No, that's 9-10 hours of USABLE battery life, as in, actively using the device. I frequently leave my Chromebook on (and sleep mode is disabled) and it idles for over a day with the screen and WiFi on.
I have a Linux dual boot on mine that I rarely even use though, ChromeOS with Linux access and Android apps is really all I need from a portable, 11.6 inches, small machine, wakes up in seconds, touchpad is better than a 2013 MacBook Pro, IPS touchscreen, good enough webcam/mic, excellent stereo for a cheap device, USB 3.0, better keyboard than moder ThinkPads. All that under 150 euros, while being water resistant and rugged with rubber.
I've never felt that good with a portable machine before and this comes from someone who owns a X220 and T440p.

I'm just fucking worried that small Chromebooks will be forgotten for the slightly bigger ones.

I'd only get a chromebook for shitposting while I'm taking a bath

They make excellent untethered bed shitposting machines also for the price.

Do these even have active cooling?
How much does it take for them to throttle to hell?

Any examples of such?

Nevermind, I'm dumb and misinterpreted what you said

And play

Nope, they don't even get warm. The AMD64 chips in the are slightly better at single core than high end ARM chips, but they have the space inside to have a passive heatsink to spread out the heat. They don't throttle thanks to that even under continuous load.

sad when you realize that a T430 is supposed to be a general use computer while a Chromebook is used for web browsing and easily does YouTube while having a dozen other tabs open fine, for 10 hours straight

>having a dozen tabs open
Doubt.

then you've obviously never owned a chromebook. those shits literally last for days without charge

I understand that, with all of those tabs open does that shit lag? How old is your chromebook? The chromebooks I've used lagged when I type too fast on Google docs. They are from around 2013 I believe though.

my chromebook was from around 2014. the hp one never ran out of charge.
i even installed arch onto it as well.

return this immediately

shoo shoo zoom zoom

Nope, and I'm not wrong either. Sorry you fell for reseller shilling.

OP here. I am transgender btw

More, easily. It's highly efficient with memory management.
It's based on Gentoo after all and anyone who'se not a literary idiot, knows that browsers, Firefox, Chrome, etc just scale with memory and don't actually need 8GB to show 2 pages at once.

If I got a chromebook I'd just install actual gentoo instead of botnet chromeOS

then you're kind of missing the point of a chromebook and might as well buy a netbook

HP sells this same computer as a general purpose windows 10 machine called "hp stream"

exactly, why not just buy that then?

>more storage memory
>only a few buck more expensive
>already comes with uefi firmware
Neat

Maybe I'll just use my old Inspiron 3521 or my XPS Studio from like 2008. I'd rather not buy something with only 32gb of storage that can't even be upgraded

be sure to install H.264ify extension

VP9 is ass and drops frames/runs down your battery like crazy

honestly a cheapo Windows laptop like the HP Stream ($180-200) running Peppermint OS is a better option

but $125 ain't bad I guess

try Zoho or Office 365

Hardware decoder support, no worries.

>VP9 is ass
No, your 10 year old thinkpads shit tier gpu that doesn't have even basic hardware acceleration for semi-moder codecs is ass
Pretty much every gpu, specially in the low end, supports VP9 decoding, *at least* partially