/spg/ - Smartphone General

Longboi edtion

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Last thread:

Attached: motorola-one-action-aqua-teal-1.jpg (710x566, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsefS46uIgc
google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/blu_unveils_bold_n1_with_popup_selfie_camera_200_introductory_price-amp-39108.php
imgur.com/gallery/eITkHL6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thoughts on Xiaomi MI Mix 2S? It's the only Xiaomi phone in my price range I've found that will work on my location/network

Attached: 383C60B6-3EC5-4796-91BF-35C8A07AB4E0.jpg (635x476, 25K)

Please recommend me a good case for my poomi note 7 that covers the camera bump flush. Thank you.

Attached: YDgu2.jpg (600x450, 68K)

>motorola one action
yikes!
redmi note 8 pro is much better

>Phone Finder bookmark returns 15 results instead of 14 this time
>It's the Galaxy Fold 5G

Attached: sumire negi finger.jpg (766x1199, 217K)

Reminder!!!
THIS IS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK WHEN 5G ANTENNAS ARE INSTALLED IN YOUR AREA!

Attached: 5g_dangers.jpg (500x574, 85K)

Redmi Note 7 or Mi A3, both 128Gb (Same price ) currently I have the Redmi 4X
Main uses: music playback, taking photos for instagram and office stuff.

Do all the Chinkphones pretty much have Android 10 at this point (or at least unlocked bootloaders so I can root+custom rom it myself)?

If so, what are the good last-gen ones I can get for

Attached: file.png (1200x788, 302K)

was thinking of getting a Samsung s8 or note 8 for running android apps that I develop on

what does user think?

Why not just use the android emulator, or get a shittier cheap phone?

Developing for lower-tier users is usually a better idea anyway right? As a lower common denominator

Just bought a Redmi Note 7. It's coming this Wednesday. I hope I didn't get meme'ed.

Attached: 1562431611545.gif (498x461, 940K)

>he didn't wait for the Samsung M30s release
I wonder how much it'll cost to import it. It being Samsung, I suppose there won't be any problems regarding bands.

i'm using my Samsung s7 active and there are errors in using it with flutter/dart, and I figured moving up to usbc would be nifty

plus I like flagship level phones, i'm not a fan of lagdroid and such. I have a few low end phones.

My budget was $200 but I managed to snag a new Redmi Note 7 for $160, without a warranty though.

It cute and has android one.
Any reason not to buy it?

4gb ram in a phone at that price range seems rly low...

Oh gotcha. I actually just started with flutter/dart as well.

I have an LG V30 and it works great for testing. S7 is definitely a bit too old for dev I'd say, especially if it already doesn't work - but you can definitely get a lesser-known brand phone for WAY cheaper than an S8. You'll always pay a premium for galaxy shit

So what's the difference between the Snapdragon "mid-range" SoC's and the flagship ones?

I'm looking at (just for example but not limited to) the Redmi Note 6 Pro / Note 7 / Note 7 Pro / Pocophone.

So 636, 660, 675 and 845. I never game, but I do want the best responsiveness possible. Are the 800-series only useful for gaymen and maybe 4k60 video recording etc?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 957K)

I have one, posting from it now. It just works. Didn't root it though.

Different x00 series are different tiers.
800>700>600>400
The higher the two digits after, the newer the SoC. 615->625->632->636 and 660->675

I'm planning on installing some random pajeet's lineageos when it arrives.

This is the peak male form

It has official Lineage? Why a Pajeet port?

The plain Note 7 doesn't have an official build.

Does gaming permanently affect my battery performance? It's not really a perfomance heavy game (Azur Lane) but still my game sessions last for an hour daily.

The Redmi 7 with the SD 632?

i also want to make it my mobile android device for running scripts and doing phone based dev for linux in flutter since i apparently know front end now

>boss told me to get on it, offered bonus on completion of project
lets say i can afford to drop 300 on a old S8 on cl.

BTW do you run off a HDD or a SSD? Because all i have are HDD from my poorfag days

BTW do you have any links or advice? I'm really new at this and if you had any good code repos i could make a lot of progress at my new job

Thoughts on the lg v35? It is going for 300 and I like my current v20 but the screen is cracked and I'm getting dead spots on top of some lag. Is there a better option for me?

My samsung note 8 arrives tomorrow. Will I be happy with it? Can it be a 3 year phone?

If you liked the V20, then the V35 looks like a good choice. Big spec'd notchless OLED, I'd strongly consider it myself if it was sold here
If you treat it well, it should you well in return

GPU mostly

oled screen kills the note 7

Hello Jow Forumsentoomen, I am currently trying to find a good Chinese phone to replace my mothers dying LG G4. She has to put her current phone on speaker to have a conversation as her earpiece speaker is broken. Sprint tried to sell her on some $999 LG flagship but she chose to ask me for help first.

So here's the ask:
Under $500
Priorities in order
- Battery Life
- Camera
- Large or expandable storage
Must have headphone jack

p.s. I've been extremely happy with my oneplus 5t for a long time. This is why I think China will give my mother the best bang for her buck

Holy shit android 10 is a huge battery drain for no reason

Chinkphones won't work on Sprint, get her on a better carrier

Just get her a Pixel 3a

Zenfone 6
Note9
3a XL

Really?
I just looked at this comparison video, it looks like a world of difference:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsefS46uIgc

I might just have to strongly the Xiaomi Mi mix 2s if this is the case

Any alternatives for Redmi Note 7?

That depends, some "mid-range" Qualcomms are using out-of-order CPU's just like their flagship counterparts. The difference is the GPU and sometimes core count, dual Cortex-A72 or better is fine for anybody.

A53's should only be half the story. Their naming scheme gets confusing, for instance a 652 has A72's and out-of-order yet a 660 does not, it uses "custom" kryo 260 cores which are really just A53's.

In the long run yes, because you'll drain your battery quicker, so you'll need to charge more frequently hence increasing your battery cycle.

does aliexpress accept btc?

No

:(

The bootloader unlock timer on my mi9t expired this evening. First flashed xiaomi eu rom, but it was impossible to flash magisk no matter what I tried.
Tried using lineageos(pajeet made as there is no official) now and magisk worked like a charm. However now the in screen fingerprint sensor isnt working.

Fuck... I come from a OP3 with a big community. Now i had to first install an unofficial Russian version of twrp. At least the battery life should be breddy gud though

I’m excited for the iPhone event tomorrow.

I am as well, for schadenfreude reasons

>schadenfreude

Attached: 1568036278808.jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

>Buy the iPhoe for the full price right away, goy. It's the only way to enjoy it.

He should just shave his head. That shit looks ridiculous.

He does what he wants because he's a chad.

>Bald fag
>Chad
I don't think so.

It's charming, makes him look the tech nerd part.

You should have gotten a 9

The difference was too big.

Snapdragon 660 has A73s which are OoO. Qualcomm's A73 is Kryo 260 GOLD while the A53 is Kryo 260 SILVER

It only has been a couple of months. Give it time

What is the difference between 1+7 pro and 1+7t pro

Not enough

Finna buy a bold n1 bros wish me lick

Should I just get the 7 pro then? I can wait until the price drops, my 3t is still doing fine, I have no reason to upgrade besides the fact that I want a display with minimal bezels and that 90hz looks nice

LG G6 or Moto X4? for my boomer granpa phone text chain email

>I can wait
>I have no reason to upgrade
There you go

>Why yes, I am a 60-year old construction worker. What gave it away?

Attached: Kyocera Duraforce.jpg (1200x1200, 195K)

Lmao
>since i apparently know front end now
lol'd cuz that's sorta how I feel, like the language is so easy and also not-well-known that heck whatever I'll call myself a "flutter front-end dev". No one will care as long as it looks good and especially if they don't know how easy it is to hack together an app.

Anyway I use an SSD, why, is your HDD slow? I wish I could help you but I'm probably just as new as you are. Do you come from a background of using other languages like react/js or something?

All I see are 4 cores @1.8 and 4 cores @2.2, it looks exactly like an overclocked 636

It's not an efficient way to design a processor, overclocking existing silicon. it's just easier to fabricate because the transistor density is less (than OoO) and they're taking advantage of better bins with an OC to prompt sales.

So no, 660 is not OoO

I have one, thought I would be meme'd too. Just installed nova launcher (free edition might buy it). No issues.

Probably the only thing I do recommend is putting gcam in it, the base sw is okay for basic shots but the gcam solved all my gripes with the stock shit. The stock case is meh too but seriously when is the free case in these things ever good?

Also that's why the 730 only has 2 A76, it wasn't necessary and it's too costly to need more than that.

Going to install lineageos on it right away to get rid of the bloatware.

>A3
is okay just the lower display. The Note 7 is basically better in terms of things given the screen. Has Andriod One as well. If you don't want to go through the MIUI and disable a few things then meh.

Bit dumb question, would you recommend getting a case and screen protector for this phone? If yes, do you have any decent case recommendations?

I have a wallet case thing so that works well enough for me for it. The screen doesn't have any scratches I can see after a few months even after dropping it a few times in that case or occasionally rubbing my keys in my pocket.

660 does have dual channel memory which the 636 does not

is it still worth getting redmi note 7? with all the chink variations coming out I'm a bit vary of getting it

I'll tell you on Wednesday evening.

It's worth it I got mine last month not looking back. It's only 9 months old (if that depending on country) and holds up well. It has at least another 2.5 years of support or so. Only real reason to get the Mi A3 is Android one but keep in mind the Mi A3 is only 720p. If 720p on a 6 inch screen is fine and you need stock andriod, get the Mi A3 though both are the same price and near equal in terms of things.

Depends what you mean on 'chink shit', but the Note 7 still holds up for the better so far unless you have a phone to compare it to. Right now the only one is the Mi A3 which is meh in terms of worth upgrading to as mentioned before. You lose full HD screen, but gain extra camera functions and drop MIUI for Andriod O. Overall the battery life is splitting hairs though I think the Note 7 still edges out the Mi A3.

>inb4 BLu N1
Owned a blu, they are getting slightly better with updates but overall just suck in actual quality. MediaTek, lower battery, and lower charge rate than the Note 7 for more cost but hey no water drop camera

Anyone ever used this? I fucking hate the notch but love that it has a 5000 mAh battery. Also, I would have liked it to be smaller.

Attached: motog75000battery.png (743x380, 138K)

Almost got one of those but noped out of it because of constant reminder of meh tier shit Motorola is with their software QA.

Just was easier to get a cheaper device and a credit card battery 2500 mAh for 12 bucks, and use that if I got desperate while out.

google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/blu_unveils_bold_n1_with_popup_selfie_camera_200_introductory_price-amp-39108.php
>$200
>Decent processor
>Notchless
Does this shit on the RN7?

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (727x444, 21K)

>mediatek
>3500 mah
>BLU
>believing BLU's promise to updates 'coming soon'

No....

Image leaks of the Pixel 4 XL. What do you guys think of the design?
imgur.com/gallery/eITkHL6

Who buys that antiquated piece of crap in 2019
I mean it, you could have bought a Zenfone 6 or some shit. Please, don't ever buy phones that released more than one year back.

Rear side looks like a toy, really underwhelming appearance for a $1000+ phone
don't give a shit about bezels

Whats a good phone for a brainlet?
I have a friend that needs a new phone, but he is so out of touch with technology he thought ram =storage.
I tried recommending him redmi k20 pro so he would have a long lasting phone performance-wise, but he doesn't trust Chinese firms kek
Hes thinking about getting an a70. I think he can get a better device for that money.
Budget is about 400€ any thoughts?

Buy a 2nd hand note 9, do it now.

My OP5 had 15% battery and suddently powered off. I tried to start it up again, but it claims that battery is too low. After I left it plugged in for 10h, it still claims taht battery is low. What happened?

Attached: 61mINWE+yPL._SX385_.jpg (385x377, 15K)

I've had two androidone nokias and both had bloat

(OP)
Moto One Vision vs Nokia 7.2?
I need an Android One phone that will last 2-3 years, and I need it this Christmas.

Moto: older, cheaper, ugly hole in the screen (maybe I can get used to it), more storage (don't really need 128G), OIS (I still miss it ever since I sold my Nexus 5), Exynos chipset that may or may not be good.
Nokia: newer, more expensive (probably), old but decent Qualcomm chipset, small notch (doesn't bother me).

Which one, Jow Forums?
Or should I just wait for another cheap piece of crap from Xiaomi (some A3 Pro or A4)?

What kind of bloat?

Samsung M30s

Posting from a Redmi 7 right now. (Basically the same phone without the pen lole) Got service on it today, they're real comfy. Enjoy the chink phone

>Android One

Attached: 255414921.jpg (1250x1036, 331K)

Android One phones are junk.

Nothing wrong with one. You just need to download a few non pre-installed aps

I replied to someone who recommended Samsung when I specifically asked for Android One phone, you baka.

Great!

Damn you're actually serious. 660 came out BEFORE the 636. Never seen anyone that is actually arguing that the Kryo 260 Gold was not based on the Cortex A73 - thus OoO. Every single publication refers it as such. Just look at the Geekbench single core score, for example. Or any benchmark and battery tests, for that matter. Let me spell it out for you: The SD660 has 4x Kryo 260 Gold + 4x Kryo 260 Silver. Kryo 260 Gold: based on Cortex A73 (big OoO core that's based from the A17). Kryo 260 Silver: based on Cortex A53.

I'm really considering buying a pixel 3a for 300€ to replace my xperia x.
>great camera
>great battery life
>will most likely get actual ROM support with non shitty ROMs unlike the xperia x

opinion?

Attached: csm_4_zu_3_Samsung_Galaxy_A50_7d30955c48.png (738x558, 371K)

>mfw this will be me
sorry for shit image quality

Attached: WIN_20190909_22_46_23_Pro (2).jpg (1058x659, 146K)