I wasted three days trying to get a kinect to do motion capture using ubuntu

I wasted three days trying to get a kinect to do motion capture using ubuntu.

It's impossible.

Attached: 1568042427202.jpg (750x1000, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not impossible, you just don't know how to do it :^)

No, is impossible.

There's not binaries or software to do this beyond niche github repos who crashes on compilation that are 5 years old.

Downloaded an openkinect and openni books from libgen,is but both are for windows SDK.

Is not possible.

just install windows

Attached: 1556664069874.png (585x470, 25K)

Works on my machine.

no, it doesn't.

there's only openkinect drivers but not a single app to use.

Why dont you make your own binaries/software?
Stop complaining, start doing.

yeah nigger, why a non CS guy just do a PHD project.

retard.

You dont need a CS degree to do this, you just need knowledge, and the will to make a change, sadly you are too lazy to get the former and too conformed to have the latter.

do I have magic mental powers retard?

The openkinect book is useless because is not high level enough to do mocap, also there's not mention because openkinect is too level.

The openni book has the skeletal capture, but uses the Microsoft SDK and is only for windows.

Nigger.

Also, there's not documentation of openni and the website is 404 even the wiki and the documentation because the company was bought by apple and shutdown the website.

Also, is all C++

Also, there's not openni wrappers for java or python, only openkinect, but openkinect is useless.

Seriously nigger, I was thinking of coding it, but there's not documenation, tutorials or books.

And all the documentation and tutorials uses the microsoft SDK, so they're useless.

Kys nigger retard.

You are showing your best user, congratulations.

>dude, just use mental magic to code something that is a PHD computer graphics project with no CS degree and no documentation

The linux kernel started with just one guy posting on a message board. All you're doing is digging yourself in a hole, people have been reverse engineering drivers for a long time but you just don't want to. That doesn't mean it's impossible.

how am I going to do a thesis project without a college degree?

>thesis project
It's not. This may be a new idea to you but it's called a software project.

I found a python bindings for openni, but again, this shit doesn't have documentation, only a sample code on their github front page.

Again, I don't have magic mental powers.

github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/blob/master/README.md

Here, retard. A due I know has made it work, I've seen the results. And if you're going to utilize python, just use the mog2 algorithm in order to detect the foreground.

that repo doesn't provide high level skeletal tracking.

Since you are interested in motion. If you have a static background (i.e. green screen or just a white wall) the algorithm is less than 70 lines of code

I want skeletal tracking so I can export to bhv and import on blender.

I'm not aware of any already made program that does such thing. I would implement it in Python.

I would start with the foreground detection, then I would investigate the following: By using Otsu's threshold I would binarize each frame, and then perform some morphological operations in order to capture the contour of interest. Then I would either perform some other morphological operations or convert back to bgr & I would research for some gait recognition algorithm, since your implementation is based on movement.

Those are some initial ideas though.

openni support skeletal tracking, there's a python binding so gonna try to see if I can use it.

but it has no documentation and there's not tutorials for it.
So I could follow the example to do motion tracking but again, no documentation to record or store the animation and see how I can parse it into a bhv.

I did it 4 years ago.

Dude, then start coding on C++ from scratch like everyone else does and you'll get it done eventually wtf

>C++
too dificult.

not touching c++

>i dont have magical mental powers
Code them