Jon Blow is the next Terry Davis

> building his own programming language designed to promote lower level programming
> planning to build his own OS

Prove me wrong

Attached: jon_blow.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>dump millions into indie game graphics
>game play is literally a maze flash game from 2001

pity his name wasnt richard
he would be dick blow

Jon Blow is Andreas Kling tier not Terry Davis tier

>spend 10 years making a programming language to make a new game
>language is C++ but worse
>game is yet another shitty indie walking simulator

serenitybro is a decent comfy human being, stop hating him for no reason.

Hi Andreas, how is your os going?

He's making a Sokoban clone in his language, no? Anyway, Jai does seem to be a clustefuck of a language with bolted on features that keep piling up without rhyme or reason.

Is Jon Blow on the run from the glowies trying to take his space alien?

he has recently removed features and improved the language, as a result of using the language in a real project (that sokoban 3d clone and the game engine). He removed destructor for example since he barely used them and defer exists, also it affects performance (for example a list of objects that need to reallocate).

nah it was a compliment. I like Blow and Kling.

> Jai does seem to be a clustefuck

Like HolyC?

Is the same blow who made those vidya gaems?

Yes. These days he spends his time streaming compiler development on twitch, and ranting about how the software industry is in decline because everyone has abandoned basic engineering principles and focuses on flashy trends rather than making things robust or efficient.

Terrys main appeal was racism and bigotry. Hes not remember for butchered schizo video game based on the bible or his OS and compiler, hes remembered for threatening blacks and trying to harass the CIA.

>anything positive about anything must be the thing itself

Blow is a good programmer and puzzle designer but he should shut the fuck up when it comes to video games. He doesn't understand games that are outside of his niche and yet he has the guts to talk about them like if he's the foremost expert.

> the next terry davis
> planning to build
get the fuck out of here. what a load of nonsense. let us know when he has built an OS, faggot. fuck his gay programming language. the world has enough of them.

> muh racism
nobody fucking cares about that shit, faggot. he was a great programmer. where's your operating system, dickhead?

The Witness is a masterpiece, sorry you're too stupid to get it

no, it the exfabook exgooglectech lead.

>1000's of racists
> 1 terry davis

seems about right.

Worse than C++ isn't even possible.

Fortran is worse than C++. Prove me wrong.

How is this man even more pretentious than Kojima

Attached: 4f7.jpg (960x876, 136K)

TIME POTION

WWWWUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAPPPPP

Try INTERCAL sometime. You'll love the COMEFROM statements. You can do multithreading with them.

Fortran is at least faster than C. More than you can say for C++.

polygons are soulless

>singlehandedly saves modern society from generational knowledge loss

I'm fed up with recent IT industry

>the software industry is in decline because everyone has abandoned basic engineering principles and focuses on flashy trends rather than making things robust or efficient.
He's completely right.

He's mostly right about videogames, especially when it comes to games as storytelling devices. Maybe you should give examples of something he said that is wrong.

I see no fault in that viewpoint. I'm learning Kubernetes on a 3 man team because I know the next job will ask for it, it's a fucking shitfest.

Nahhhhh man Serenity OS has me hooked

I mean he's right in that regard. That's exactly what's been going on for the past 5-10 years. He's still not Terry though (he really was one-of-a-kind no one can replace him no matter how hard we try), but they have similar mindsets

Attached: 1556472098543.png (900x1200, 1.8M)

people complaining about body hodor at conventions are literal faggots.

Terry has been reincarnated and he will become a glow nigger just like everyone else.

He doesn't have the perspective to talk about software industry as a whole because his projects have always been slow as fuck. Building software is not building a bridge or skyscraper you need to develop fast, fail fast, and improve fast. The world is not going to stand in place while you retreat in your cave to take 5-10 years to build a web service or killer app.

When Jay is released i would unironically switch from C++.
For now it's literally looks like my dream language.

Attached: 1543480568488.jpg (656x704, 78K)

Most people don't write in C++ either.
He specifically targets his language to vidya.

formerly chuck

i will make an OS too, and the code will not be open source for sure..... ass i said, when the shit get real, bill gate have to shake my ass for me.....

Attached: hacker man is not hacker man for not reason u.u.jpg (540x531, 58K)

Next terry
>is a heathen

GLOW NIGGERS CANT CREATE. ALL THEY CAN DO IS BAD MOUTH TERRY. IT MAKES THEM SO MAD THAT HIS LEGACY WILL NEVER DIE.

Attached: terrry55.png (947x1009, 505K)

his legacy is already dead

you wish. you will never be the chad nobody faggot.

Attached: terrry.png (2269x1195, 1.5M)

Jonathan Blows

Jon's streams can be quite comfy at times.