Give me one (1) legitimate reason why one shouldn't use Discord

Give me one (1) legitimate reason why one shouldn't use Discord.

Attached: 1234455678.png (3584x2324, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/discord.html
classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-complaints/openfeint-green-international-privacy-class-action-lawsuit-complaint/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenFeint#Founder_after_OpenFeint
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/09/senator-mark-zuckerberg-should-face-the-possibility-of-a-prison-term/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't , you won
please stay there

You can't post cute and funny girls. If this isn't a good enough reason please direct your shilling to reddit.com

Attached: medium-athah-anime-fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-fate-series-original-imaf9h9mjkhjwjd8.jpg (832x562, 41K)

>not using dark mode

Attached: 1547658598068.jpg (1111x597, 145K)

Whatsapp exists you dumb nerd

I'm not a s*y boy like you

kys anime shit poster loser

Trannies

IRC and Facebook Messenger exist

privacy goncerns+ how much ram the fucking official app uses

Telegram exists
These are the worst.

here's your reason

Attached: 1537253816007.jpg (388x410, 58K)

> muh autism
nobody cares.

I'm not a tranny.

Came to rage, but the McElroy's are awesome.
>Fantasy Costco, where all your dreams true. Got a deal for you!

Realistically speaking, there's not much wrong with the communities you join, so long as you can gel with said communities.
Stick to a smaller, tighter friend group or something if need be.

can't post futa webms on irc

you guys can have a normal talk on discord without trannys, pedos, anime, you know that???

People know, it's just funnier to meme about trannies, furshit, weebshit, etc.
Either that, or there are people so willingly ignorant that they just don't know, despite the fact that they have the information readily available on the internet.
It's all autism.

FUCK THE NEW LIGHT MODE
WHY DO THE BLACKED MODE KEKS GET TO DICTATE WHAT WE LOOK AT

mr stallman has a few very good reasons stallman.org/discord.html

Dilate.

Attached: 78jbkh1c1vi31.png (611x613, 200K)

Most of those are applicable to Jow Forums

You have to solve a Google captcha, or give your credit card details to post. Yet, you don't seem to mind

I'm not a subhuman tranny. Plus, there's no one intelligent enough to talk with on Discord.

>too many channels
i don't like how poorly people go about using multiple channels, most servers could be condensed into a simple #rules/#general/#bot-commands layout, like 6 channels tops, but most servers i go on (aside from friends) have like 30 channels. it's also really shitty because this leads to mods micromanaging what channels you post things in
>talk about anime
>discussion switches to music
>mods lack the social skills to understand convos naturally switch subjects
>forced to move to #music or risk getting muted
similarly, you'll hear similar shit if you post, say, a yt link to a music video in a non-music channel. multiple channels isn't necessarily a bad idea but it's misused a lot

>basic features taking forever to be implemented
member how it took them like a year to add search and even then it doesn't work particularly well, also had to wait like 5 years for server folders and a usable light theme (well, it's an improvement at least, but still not great)

>the UI
i can get over the aesthetics but the layout is kinda frustrating. betterdiscord kinda helps with both of those though it breaks the ToS, yolo. bless ripcord. also it's just so fucking BIG

>annoying bots
fuck servers with like xp and shit that's like the worst possible thing people could've brought back from irc. also it's very cool when i get false flagged by dyno or whatever for posting 3 images, or servers with swear filters, that kinda stuff.

>allowing people to have non-latin alphabet names
for nicks it's fine but when your actual username is a bunch of symbols it makes it a pain in the ass to @ you

idgaf about the gamer splashes/privacy issues/gif feature/trannies, i just think it's a fundamentally flawed application and encourages bad community management. discord mods are the worst

>>not using dark mode

Attached: dark_mode.jpg (356x423, 50K)

The UI gets really cluttered for me because I tend to server hop a lot.

Also, owners trying to resurrect their dead servers with the @everyone ping gets hella annoying.

The way discord bots work is kinda annoying as well and generates more spam than anything worthwhile.

Other than that, it's really no different from reddit where only %10 of members are ever online and participate, and attract members who make boring normie conversations.

Discord as a company is pure AIDS though. Sketchy past, uber-larpy with their whole "WE R GEEKS N GAMERS" projection.

The only thing going for it is its seamless design, but it's something that is replaceable.

Anything less anonymous than these imageboards give me social anxiety. Like how does it even work? Do you get an invite to a group of strangers and just start chatting?

first, it spies on everything you do on your computer; for instance, it periodically lists all the running processes. You can verify this yourself: if you launch a game, your discord profile will display the name of the game in its status text.
Second, it corrupted many online communities which, upon activating their official discord channel, quickly turned into ghost towns, echoes of the events taking place in The Discord (often full of needles drama); any user who doesn't (want to) use discord is thus alienated from said community.
Lastly, discord is a proprietary cloud-based service, so Stallman's usual tirade also applies.
The cringy fellow-gamers anesthetic is not a dealbreaker imho.

Attached: THINKING SENKO CHAN.webm (720x540, 94K)

It doesn't only display games.
I've had it randomly display GIMP.

You can either hunt down communal servers that are based on something you're interested in, or you get an invite to a server from someone you're "friends" with.
From there, you can either lurk (What most people do, it seems), or you can just chill with people you gel with.
Personally, I'm only in one server, since I often sperg out internally and leave any server I should realistically like being in. I know what you mean, user.

anything written or talked about using discord is retained by discord. so let say you come up with a a billion dollar idea. discord will know your billion dollar idea and then outsource your ideas to pajeets and trannies.

Attached: thetrutru.gif (220x165, 47K)

>implying anyone using discord can come up with any ideas beyond shitty memes

>Closed source spy garbage full of retarded faggots even by the standards of this site

Attached: usag11.png (768x576, 651K)

I hate it because it's always a massive waste of space. Can't run discord without it taking up my laptop's screen. I can run irssi on a tiny terminal that takes up however much space I feel it should take up. Discord forces you into it's shitty interface, poor Linux support, shitty ass communities purely by the argument that everyone uses it.

Attached: wow.png (756x215, 15K)

dilate

You seem to be under the impression that that stops it from searching your hard drive and every running process.

it's nonfree malware
1/5, made me reply

they fucked the dark theme when trying to "fix" light theme. discord devs are fucked in the head

they have no reservations about doxxing you to violent radicals

Because other platforms exist that aren't magnets to trannies

Attached: 1565708860244.jpg (669x560, 40K)

retard

>You seem to be under the impression that that stops it from searching your hard drive and every running process.
looks to me like it doesn't display what game you're playing to friends

ironic that you're posting on Jow Forums

Tiananmen Square.

I get what you're trying to say, user, but the reality is that everything on any storage of your device is being scanned by Discord with the excuse of "showing it to your friends" - regardless of whether it's displaying Battle of Duty XX deluxe edition, it's still snooping through all of your data.

hence why im always "invicible" on discord
retard kids like to at me when i play battlefield or anything else. fucking annoying

>spyware
>closed source
>discord nitro (and how bad it is)
>bloated
>annoying sjw devs
>hehe, lol xd we updated this for you ;)
>as of latest update, terrible font rendering
Communities suck dick as well. Everyone has their own channel that has 40 sub-catagories and private channels. I have 10 groups that I don't need to be apart of, but have to accommodate for a group of people for just 1 game. Other friends have about 5 discord servers they switch between. It's fucking annoying.

But you can...

You can't post lolis.

because matrix exists

As with Slack and Telegram you become a furry tranny. If you like that, then stay there.

all your conversations are being archived.

just like IRC ;-)

If I wanted to talk to a bunch of meme spouting teenage virgins I'd post on Jow Forums

S O Y
O
Y

I won't. Keep using it, goyim.

-Proprietary
-Discord creator Jason Feint, or "The Real Jason#0001" has a bad record on privacy:
classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-complaints/openfeint-green-international-privacy-class-action-lawsuit-complaint/

Who was the founder of Openfeint and what did he do after the Lawsuit?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenFeint#Founder_after_OpenFeint

Stop flocking to "free" platforms, you will get screwed over.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/09/senator-mark-zuckerberg-should-face-the-possibility-of-a-prison-term/

Use self hosted Matrix, XMPP, Nextcloud Talk or Mumble as alternatives to Discord.

this

Let's turn this around: give me one (1) legitimate reason to use it.
I don't have an account there and so far never felt the need to get one /use their service

nice cope

what about if you use nothing but the web UI?

>fingerprints your browser because you allowed nonfree javascript to be ran
>nothin personnel kid

Attached: botnet.png (770x578, 287K)

BOTNET

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Attached: discord.png (718x383, 157K)

This isn't Jow Forums, tourist.

Attached: 2018 November 23 - Everyone is still a newfag.jpg (1683x1690, 281K)