Friendly reminder that some random guy in Vietnam made Flappy Bird and was making over $50k per DAY during the Flappy...

Friendly reminder that some random guy in Vietnam made Flappy Bird and was making over $50k per DAY during the Flappy Bird craze. Why the FUCK aren't you working on any side projects?

Attached: flappy_bird.jpg (1200x800, 83K)

has anyone ever replicated that success?

Why the FUCK did he panic and delete the only windfall he'll ever get in his life?

Taxes probably

Something about feeling awful when he read just how addicted people were to it.

He was scared of Nintendo suing him to death for using stolen Mario sprites.

look at the pipes
now try to remember which games also feature very similar pipes

but i am user
i am...

Attached: depressed 90s cartoon character.jpg (251x234, 14K)

I dont know what other game

Super Mario Bros ripped off the pipe graphics from Flappy Bird.

me too bro

Attached: charles-lindbergh.jpg (300x417, 39K)

>Green pipes? IT'S STOLEN FROM MARIO!

Attached: soy screaming with hands up.jpg (640x591, 96K)

I always wondered what did guys behind crash the castle think upon seeing angry birds become a 200 million dollar franchise. I'd fucking kill myself.

>72670008
No (You) for the Wojakposters.

At least the guy behind Infiniminer doesn't seem too bitter about Minecraft.

Disney and Nintendo are overly protective with their brands and will literally take down anything that remotely even looks like one of their assets.

>says the american, from the Copyright Hellhole

jesus christ your fucking stupid
and annoying

go be a nigger somewhere else

Sounds too stupid to be real. Never believed it

He also shilled the game for weeks in various forums.

20 mil is enough to live several lives in Vietnam

Except it is.
Nintendo is known for being extremely aggressive against non-validated use of their IP.
They would sue your ass even if you were living on the street, it's the most retarded successful company you will ever see.

I can't into mobile programming, I don't even have android phone, I still use Lumia. Nowadays all normies care about is their smartphone so I am out of the loop

>imagine shutting down an app because it was too successful
The great thing about flappy bird is that it can be played with a single hand. It was basically a step in the right direction for apps in general.

It seems more like an homage than actually copyright infringement.

Because I am incompetent.

seems we have a copyright expert here

IIRC he said distant relatives and family and even strangers and shit came looking for a piece of the pie. It's a pretty common story with lottery winners too. They almost always get harassed by subhumans looking for handouts for some "cause" like some dumbass dying crippled kid or animal shelters or dumb shit like that, and many are murdered by family and friends who're looking to steal the money

Wouldn't be surprised if he used that money to go into hiding

He gave permission for Minecraft

You faggots really don't remember? He hacked Google Play to make his game appear in the first searches. He didn't even use bots. He was risking prison for 20 life times.
It's like me hacking Steam so my game appears in the top 10 recommended.

Like me hacking Kickstarter, Patreon, Indiegogo for my project to appear in the top searches regardless of what you're searching for.
Like me hacking Google to have my website appear as the first result whenever you search for anything.

SEO isn't illegal

these idiots are wrong, some kid killed himself over this stupid game and the dude cashed out before negative publicity blamed him.

and his name is Dong hehe

Mobile game development is like getting blood from a stone. Either you put a ton of time and effort into making some deep and complex game that nobody buys or you make cheap cash-in that gets lost in a sea of cheap cash-ins that nobody plays. Game development as a whole is a lost cause at this point.

Attached: 1545509029268.jpg (250x246, 19K)

Ketchapp and voodoo, two French sweatshops that make shit games that are quick to make; generate at LEAST 70K a day

You can't win Flappy bird.

>flappy flap flap

So? That formula worked for arcade games for decades. You play until you lose and then how well you did is reflected in a score that is compared against other players' scores.

>any side projects?
I don't even have a job? I can't even have SIDE projects...

why did he even use those ugly shits

Guess he needed some sort of barrier that's easy to extend to any height, dropped those in as a placeholder, and never got around to drawing a replacement.

Where did you even get those figures?