What temperature do you set your thermostat to in the summer and winter?

what temperature do you set your thermostat to in the summer and winter?

Attached: air-conditioning-new[1].jpg (800x507, 183K)

45 in the summer 80 in the winter

This thread reminds me, I need new A/C units. Any recommendations on brands to favor or avoid?

Tfw you have an HVAC on three floors

Goodman is cheap and pretty reliable. I put one in my basement because it doesn’t have to work too hard.

Train is about the best. Stay away from Hitachi and Toshiba. The last two are with everything.

65 in summer and about 70 in winter

*Trane
Fuck auto correct.

In US, Pioneer (Midea) mini-split is great for DIY.

i don't fucking understand you guys
i'm freezing if the thermostat is below 78, and i'm in the warmest room of the house

Your blood circulation might have problems. Go see a doctor.

summer: 72F during the day, 65F during the night

winter: about 70-75F, but then I run a small heater near me since heating with such high ceilings is basically impossible

Thanks guys.

Mini-split's not really an option, it'd be a nightmare to install with my house's setup, '30s lath and plaster house that's on a hill with the entrance/kitchen/living room/etc. floor three stories up from the back yard and the bedrooms below, and it's already all ducted/wired/etc. for central A/C and heat.

I adjust it based on comfort, my thermostat is in a cool dark hallway and the bedrooms and living room are on the side of the house and get a lot of sun, so there's a lot of variation between indicated temp and actual temp in the rooms that matter.

8c
8c

74 summer
68 winter

my AC is getting old and either the cap is going bad or its getting low on refrigerant which probably isnt the case. The breaker keeps tripping on 100+ days if I set it any lower.

Heat is a little low in the winter but that is mostly because I am a cheap ass.

my thermostat is located right next to my kitchen
that's pretty stupid, right?

Winter 19C - 21C
Summer about the same. Maybe a little cooler.
But the outside temps never go below 8C or above 40C.

68f/20c all year round

Attached: 1567391791994.png (600x600, 443K)

phoenix fag here. right now keeping the ac at 74. though its been giving me a $330 electric bill. winter i never turn on the furnace. lowest the house gets is 65. so $100 give or take a month during winter and spring.

also i own a lennox system.

I don't use a/c

You think that's bad, my bill last month was like $1400. I've got dying ~35 year old A/C units to thank for that, they desperately need to be replaced but I live with my dad and have neither the money or the authority to replace them myself, and I just can't get it through his head that he's throwing money away by not replacing them ASAP.

>summer
self regulating room temperature due to geo thermal cooling system that stays around 65f

>winter
self regulating cooling system that does around 45f

It might be bit cool, so I use a small heater for room heating to ~80f

18C all year.

Warm to 64f in winter, cool to 75f in summer.

Gas and electricity are expensive in ontario.

>not 25 in winter and 110 in summer
It's like you don't even enjoy the elements

It's heading on Summer here in kangarooland, and I haven't touched the A/C in probably 3 years, since I'm not a pussy that needs to have it blasting cool air on a hot day.
Just get a nice hot cuppa on a hot day, or a cold drink from the fridge on a warmer day, and you'll be fine.

72° F all year long.

>winter
23C
>summer
AC broke and I'm too broke to fix it
Window unit set to cold

Either you have circulation problems or you don't move enough. Spend some time on your feet doing things, maybe go for a walk, I find that helps me

60f so that it doesn’t freeze up or break.
Put a jumper or blanket on, retards.

>winter
around 23C
>summer
I got no control over it unless I want it warmer.

I use a fan and a wet towel

my AC just broke
so room temperature at the time

I use AC maybe once a year because I am in southern California. There are obvious tradeoffs for this supposed "best weather" state. I miss the snow and a roaring fire.

Attached: double-glazing-window-open-BY5BHE.jpg (864x1390, 141K)

also tfw subtropical summer

Attached: feelsbad.jpg (412x351, 21K)

I don't need AC because I live in a first world country which white people are adapted to live in.

70°F year round, 68°F at night

>tfw poorfag in the desert
>have to put up with evaporative cooling
>too poor to get refrigerated air
>cant even install a digital thermostat because the degens who built/wired my house used all black #10s for the rheostat switch so I dont know what goes where

Attached: 1557255665001.png (654x571, 372K)

Off and 57

Get somebody to help, a multimeter, and some walkie talkies or phones on speaker if the two ends are out of easy talking range. Disconnect all wires from each end and then have one person touch two wires at a time together while the other looks for continuity with the meter. It's tedious but you can figure out which wire is which on each end using this method. We had to do the same thing in my house because the wiring is ancient and changes color at some junction box or something inside the walls or floors somewhere.

67F in winter and 72F in summer.

73-75 in the summer, and I completely turn off my ac/heater in the winter and let the temperature in room fucking drop to the 50s/60s while I wrap myself with two blankets, one being electric. Winter is my maximum comfy time.

21 °C whole year.

I have a mini split in my tiny room and it's baller.
About 5min to cool down the room to 67f from 80f+

Usually 70-72 summer but 68 in the evening. I really need to be cool to sleep well.

Winter I keep it cold I'm usually warm and I enjoy a cold sleep under the covers. Been known even to crack the window

>summer
>winter

I live in the heat death trap that is Arizona and I do this as well

Fuck, he could pay for a brand new top of the line AC with like 3 months of that

Not sure for the Summer since I only have a window unit in the office (computer hot), but it stays comfortable on it's own.

Winter I keep the furnace at 16°C (~61°F).

We need two units, but yeah, it'd still pay for itself pretty fast. Already would've done so if we'd replaced them over the winter like I wanted to.

It seems like everywhere I go I'm stuck dealing with people who don't understand the concepts of preventative maintenance or of upgrading things to save money in the long run, drives me nuts. Family's always been like that and it was a constant frustration in my old job as well, managed an auto shop and we wasted so much time and money trying to get shit done with subpar equipment and green employees that we had to train when we could've just hired better people and bought better equipment and let them pay themselves off in a few months with efficiency and productivity.

70 all year around. Not some spaz who needs to change it every week.

What thermostats are you guys running? I know they're botnet but I've got Nest ones and they're a godsend, lets me change temps from bed and the remote sensor capability lets me base things on temp where it matters instead of at the stupidly located thermostat. (Which is at the bottom of a large open stairwell in a hallway with no vents)

>le metric face
fuck off you memeing hipster shit

I don't have a thermostat

whats your fucking problem? normal people use C, only backward hick fucks use Frankenheit

Billionaire hedge fund manager and insider trader Steve Cohen says his office thermostat is set to 20.5 C (69 F) at ALL times. This helps with concentration.

Attached: Steve Cohen.jpg (3000x2000, 418K)

same

I manually set the thermostat to 69 at night and usually have it max 74 during the day, all year long

For residential level shit it's all the same really. The less bells and whistle the better though, unless of course you like paying $800 to replace an ECM motor.

80 in summer, it usually off unless it's going to get above 90+
60 in the winter but I have portable heaters I use in the area I'm in plus comfy clothes because I like being warm. I use the portable heaters sometimes on summer mornings.

To add, if you eat a calorie deficit you'll be cold(er) which is great during summer but not good when it's cold.

Attached: .png (252x352, 10K)

20/21 winter

25/26 summer

78 in the summer. Pretty much not used outside of summer.

>having a thermostat

Jesus fuck and I thought 110€/month in an house of 4 was bad. And isn't both electricity and gas cheaper in the US too?

26 in summer, just use a kotatsu in the winter.

28c whole year

Fuck Fahrenheitfags and their shitty measurement system.