Wide screen monitors were a mistake

Wide screen monitors were a mistake.

Attached: wide_screen_.jpg (740x331, 38K)

Just rotate the display 90%, you can have tons of vertical space with one of those ultra wide monitors if you do.

>add more horizontal pixels
>get more pixels compared to 1:1 monitor
wow... is almost like 3 is bigger than 2

Don’t laugh. I saw a nigga do this.

Why not 2000x2000?

People have been doing this for ages. You never used a Radius Pivot monitor on old school Macintosh?

Wasn't widescreen made for movies and then evolved because of video games?

Or am I totally wrong. I just want this to be video games' fault because it's a "hobby" for cucks.

I unironically have a 1920x1080 screen rotated vertical just for browsing this awful place.

Attached: file.png (301x159, 4K)

4:3 existed because of TVs
5:4 was just a narrower 4:3
16:10 was made because people wanted more space
16:9 was made because TVs switched to that format
Then chinks realized that normalfags didn't notice the difference between 16:10 and 16:9 while the yields on the smaller panels would be much higher

Still trash compared to 40inch 4k

Anybody know where I can buy a decently sized (17”?) 1280x800 monitor?

>1280x800
for what purpose

I have started writing a text mode only (bitmapped though) low level program ( kind of like an “operating system”). I will support 1280x800 and 1280x1024. The font is fixed at 10x16 which works perfectly for those resolutions.

lol you're so blatant about how seething you are.

hmm
well 1280x800 is not a standard resolution so good luck
but would anything 16:10 work? then you'd have more options

Vertical monitors are unironically the only way to code.

I’m targeting low pixel count resolutions because i don’t have gpu acceleration. 16:10 resolutions tend to suck, the best one i can think of is 1920x1200 which i may have to use instead of 1280x800.
i just am in love with 1280x800 though, perfect aspect ratio and supports 720p with minimal letterboxing

well I was gonna ask if 1440x900 would be good

it’s meh

it's called WXGA, dude

rotated 1920x1200 is probably the nicest ive used

Why hasn't anyone really done 4k 16:10?

IBM did

>1280x800 is not a standard resolution
The fuck?

>contrarians calling other people cucks
I laugh every time.

oh, I guess I'm retarded
they must be really uncommon now though, right? I've never seen one desu, the resolution isn't even shown under pcpartpicker's filter

>flip my screen 90 degrees
>suddenly notice how top half of the screen has a warmer tint than the bottom
shit fuck ass now i'm gonna have to get a new monitor

I tried doing this with my 21.5 inch one and it just seems too "tall" maybe if I get an even smaller screen it'll be better, but I still hate having to look up.

It was popular on laptops until maybe 2009 I think

you're doing it right now on your phone dummy

That's why God made Ultrawides

Attached: sheeeeet.png (5120x1440, 2.96M)

what monitor has 5120x1440?

CRG9 and a couple others

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_forbes-finds_files_2019_08_monitorpic-1200x675.jpg (960x540, 100K)

Useful for multimedia, useful for some other applications, not useful for mine.
t. 4:3 trashpad user.

Is scaling not an option? why those specific resolutions?

What an absolute monstrosity.
Seems like it might be fun for x-plane and other sims

Don't play any sims but in general the immersion is great - better than VR in my experience since it doesn't make me sick.

Widescreen was made for Asians because their eyes can see farther out. Where as square/4:3 were made for europeans. Ultimately, asians won out because they make the monitors.

>and 1280x1024
Nice. That's my resolution.

>CRG9
thats hella expensive nigga fuck you doin?
but fuck i like the idea of the pip function, would love to have a single display for my laptop and desktop

1500 maple bucks compared to a couple similar spec'd 1440p displays isn't all that bad honestly. A lot of places have it on sale right now.
I also find it easy to justify larger purchases on items I use frequently or for long stretches of time. This is likely to be in use for the next couple of years.

The only high res 5:4 monitors are super expensive medical equipment so I went with using a 21:9 monitor because at that width it's almost two 5:4 monitors (it's a bit more square). It's great, I just wish I'd gone for a curved one.

>you will never have a eink 1:1 square monitor with displayport

This fucking life...

ebay is where i usually go for old tech. other wise you better have some local computers stores near you user. im blessed to have a couple

This.

Past a certain display size (~24-25 inches or so) 16:9 monitors are better. In fact, for even larger diagonals, I find the ultrawide meme even better.
Vertical space is important, sure, and that's why 4:3/5:4 is a better ratio for smaller screens (by this I mean a shorter diagonal). But once it's enough, it's enough. Additional vertical screen real estate past a certain size is uncomfortable and even awkward to use, unlike horizontal space. It is usually easier and more comfortable to arrange windows side by side instead of a column, and this is further illustrated by most multimonitor setups (monitors arranged in columns are rare, rows are common). Horizontal screen space can be increased more than vertical space while still being efficiently used.
Now, obviously nothing I said matters to you if you maximize everything like a boomer.

Absolutely this. Otherwise there's not enough horizontal space, but 1920x1200 makes it just right.

This.
Sad things laptop manufacturers dont get it. On 17 inch 16:9 is ok, but smaller you go the worse it is.

Is it a TB monitor?

Perfect

Attached: 1547809931505.jpg (950x964, 435K)

Maybe you guys should simply stop looking into monitors having cutting-edge / obscure resolutions. The standard format is absolutely fine.

Attached: IMG_20190910_1357128.jpg (2160x3840, 2.03M)

HAHAHAHAHA

imagine not just getting a 16:10 monitor and rotating it LMAO

What Chinese comic book is this

Sorry meant Chinese graphic novel

your life must be full of joy and adventure