Anyone using this ? i have displayport GPU and HDMI monitor. My monitor is standard freesync 75hz 1080p monitor...

Anyone using this ? i have displayport GPU and HDMI monitor. My monitor is standard freesync 75hz 1080p monitor. Am i gonna get quality reduction using this ?

Attached: displayport to hdmi.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/lg-gsync-compatible-hdmi-big-screen-gaming/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Yes

yeah it won't go over 60hz or support freesync unless you pay a fortune getting an active converter

nah
As long as it can be set to full RGB range and 4:4:4 chroma you'll be fine
Also does your GPU really not have HDMI on board?

Yup. No problem, don't expect FreeSync though.

You can get over 60Hz, but yeah you can't get FreeSync.

Freesync works over HDMI
Samsung of all people decided to even implement freesync on some of there 2018 TVs with a software update

It doesn't work with these adapters though, since they usually aren't on the newest HDMI spec.

What year do you live in that HDMI adapters don't support atleast HDMI 1.2?

You need 2.0 for FreeSync, way to show off your knowledge.
Most of these chink adapters are stuck at 1.4, we still import them in the store I work and even the ones promising 2.0 are often 1.4.

not for nvidia

that's for the base adaptive sync standard that for some reason doesn't work with freesync, you need 2.0a for that

>that's for the base adaptive sync standard that for some reason doesn't work with freesync, you need 2.0a for that
AMD themselves are stating freesync over hdmi only requires HDMI 1.2 and up which is really old at this point

doesn't work on my LG freeync monitor on my Vega 56
the cable is brand new and up to spec

Why can't DP do 4k?

It can...

It can do 4k 120Hz or 8k 60Hz

Based.
I'm going to get a freesync/adaptivesync monitor with display port soon.

Always use FreeSync for displays when you can, you'll get a better experience. Keep HDMI for TVs and receivers.

If I'm not mistaken adaptive sync is available as extension to 1.2 but is not required for a port to be certified as 1.2, hence it may or may not support it

>not for nvidia

Don't you read the news?

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/lg-gsync-compatible-hdmi-big-screen-gaming/

There are literally week old posts on Nvidia forums complaining that FreeSync doesn't work over HDMI on Nvidia, with mods saying "yeah use DP".

And?

It doesn't work.

I have a 1070 and I couldn't get FreeSync to work on my ultrawide over HDMI, don't even have the option
works fine over DisplayPort though

I use those cables between my GTX 1080 (3x DP, 1x HDMI) to my Dell Ultrasharp monitors, two of which only have HDMI (iirc). They work fine perfectly fine.
Wouldn't know anything about freesync or refresh rates above 60, though.

Are you guys illiterate or just brainlets?

>If you don’t own a LG TV, but do own a display or TV that only supports Variable Refresh Rates via HDMI, you can try enabling HDMI VRR when the aforementioned driver is released.

It will only on Turing at launch, but they're at least moving in the right direction.

>not even out yet
>argues like it works right now and since forever
retard

>>argues like it works right now and since forever

Where did I say that, you autist?

can't even read english
I said "like" I didn't say you did, the argument was that it doesn't work right now and you joined in like it's wrong, which it isn't and until this is out and working for literally everything Nvidia, it will stay true

Attached: 1548817353125.jpg (959x922, 214K)