Why is this never brought up with cellphone talks here...

Why is this never brought up with cellphone talks here? 20/mo and caps at 80 bucks a month with unlimited data and has 3 networks of coverage.

What's the catch that makes Jow Forums not like it?

Attached: google fi.png (1200x1200, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

att.com/prepaid/plans.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Botnet

Who? That's why.

>use google OS
>use google email and app services
>everything google

Proof that google fi is a bot net over the shit other carriers do?

Google is an advertising company

If you are spending more than $5 a month for phone service you are an idiot.

I don't, work pays me 75 bucks a month regardless my plan.

T mobile did a shit load with my number in terms of spam and advertising. Nothing of value lost

I've had it since it was still in beta and it's GOAT. I instantly saved $50/month over TMobile and I can no-interest finance phones through it. Never had any coverage or call issues.

You've never heard of Google? Welcome to the 21st century, Theodoric of York.

literally every isp sells your data these days

I don't know if Jow Forums hates it, but I got it as my first phone plan when I moved away after school. I have a Pixel and Fi and it's bretty good. I'm pretty much always on WiFi and download podcasts before leaving so my bill's only like $30-$40/month. I also didn't have any trouble when switching back and forth between Canada and the US over the summer so that was nice to see. But I imagine that wouldn't be an issue for other carriers as well?

Overall I'd say it's decent.

>What's the catch that makes Jow Forums not like it?
>Google
It is a mystery...

Attached: 1564094394066.jpg (400x400, 118K)

>work pays me 75 bucks a month regardless my plan.
So you are blowing money on useless shit for no reason.

Fuck off Google shill. No one should do business with this wanna-be Brave New World dystopian monopolist.

>$10 per GB
>10 FUCKING US DOLLARS FOR ONE FUCKING GIGABYTE
>If you go over 15 GB of data, we will throttle you unless you pay even more
>Why does Jow Forums not like getting ripped off?

I wonder why user.

This is why Google kills projects.

I have been using it for the past 5 months while traveling a lot.

Way to fucking overpriced, but good if you intend to travel a lot, since roaming charges are the same everywhere, which is nice compared what you'd pay with any other carrier.

New York taxes for having a phone adds another $10 per month for each line.

Unless I am mistaken google is capped at 80/mo if you use over 6GB(20/ for base service 10 dollars a GB capped at 6GB). So if you only use 3GB one month your bill is only 5GB, with wifi everywhere not hard to use little data unless you jewtube all the time. Unless you know a better plan that isn't JAMAL TELCO shit be my guest. Most companies got rid of anything that is a single plan service so you're pretty fucked unless you want 3+ devices to get any kind of reasonable deal

The base is 20/mo and the most your bill can be is 80.

It's a compilation of T Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular isn't it?

I travel overseas 3-4 times per year, my prior provider basically capped speeds at 2G. Attempting to get a "data pass" from them means that I need to change my plan so it goes from 55->70+taxes and fees.

I don't want metroPCS or some other nonsense that basically has no use overseas and really hate doing APN type shit + extra sim that seems to always make my phones battery become shit. Honestly most data I've used over the past 6 months averaged to about 2.5GB unless I need to tether somewhere which is rare for work as most places have wifi where I'd be.

Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, and Three. I think ATT now as well with the whole ATT/T Mobile deal

Virtually any and all cell service providers are making extra cash via selling web history and such. I recall being on virgin mobiles cheap plans and getting non stop spam and bullshit. At least google does free call # scanning.

this
free wifi + google voice is the ONLY way to use a phone.

Maybe if you're a NEET
People with jobs to do need coverage in places besides mommy's basement and McDonald's

>yes goy sign up for our jewgle phone service

>google
Unethical puppet and objectively bad. Also botnet.

You're needed elsewhere.

>travel abroad multiple times
>always annoyed finding a sim plan that works with my phone
>realize google supports all countries I want to go to with at least 3G
>no extra fees

Pretty much worth it if you go abroad more than once a year for not having to deal with bullshit fees. I recall my friend needing to pay like 200 bucks for a week abroad for 1GB a day or some shit like that.

I worked for lockheed martin for 6 months and also run over 117 servers as an administrator. email servers and do company I.T. professionally.
I haven't had cell service in 2 years.
If you're actually a person with a job, you'll be somewhere with wifi all the time.

>If you're actually a person with a job, you'll be somewhere with wifi all the time.
That's cool if you are a hermit but when I am driving I usually don't have wifi, some small shops I eat at are the same, not to mention to and from airports, same with if I am just taking a stroll around somewhere.

Don't recall having wifi when I was on a hike or driving to work last time, did have cell service though.

You shouldn't use your phone while driving you fucking degenerate.
Automated cars couldn't come sooner, the disgusting drives like you endanger too many lives.

I travel several times a month, all airports have free wifi, brainlet.

Try going outside and enjoying the outside for fucking once, instead of becoming a hunchback sitting on your phone.

No you didn't you lying faggot lmao

Yes I did, you fucking NEET

>Why is this never brought up with cellphone talks here? 20/mo and caps at 80 bucks a month with unlimited data and has 3 networks of coverage.
It could have been great, but it's just another MVNO
>What's the catch that makes Jow Forums not like it?
For a service that isn't cheap, they piggy-back the crappiest networks possible. I might as well be using Sprint or T-mobile directly. For a few more dollars, you can get real service from Verizon, or AT&T

Attached: 1473810397066.jpg (290x290, 37K)

>You shouldn't use your phone while driving you fucking degenerate.

The fuck are you talking about moron? Do YOU have a job? damn nigga. When I need to find a datacenter on the east coast I'm going to link up google maps to the cars audio via bluetooth for directions. I'm not printing out mapquest directions boomer.

Yeah most all do some have shit wifi though, some airports like LAW or RED for small places I need to go for small datacenter work will often have bullshit. Not to mention if I am eating and waiting for a client to be onsite or access to a building I doubt Bills Burger shop half way to Santa Fe will have wifi for people. Need a data plan these days for those gaps in shit.

You can get better deals with other American prepaid networks. On cricket wireless I get unlimited talk/sms and 5 gigs of data for 35 bucks a month. And unlike fi it works on way more phone models.

Attached: IMG_20190909_155852_751.jpg (455x691, 52K)

I just came off T mobile due to a price reduction. Not paying 70 bucks for a single line + limited to 5GB for Canada and Mexico since the plan for unlimited in Korea/Japan/Germany/UK and shit is limited to 2G these days or non existent unless a group plan is purchased

Surely if you're no longer at Lockheed you can post at least a shred of proofs, although if true I suspect you were getting a company phone with cell service so you cancelled your own
Till then fuck off, either way you're lying out of your ass

Yeah, it's not for everyone, but for someone who needs good coverage and hardly uses data it's great. Switched my grandma to it and cut her phone bill in half.

What about Mint?

Attached: mint-mobile-fox.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

It's at base 20 bucks a month, then 10 bucks per 1GB where after 6 it becomes free to 15GB where it's HSPA 3.5G IIRC. It's really up to you to do the math on your average data usage and habits but I'd be willing to bet most of Jow Forums grossly overestimates their usage. If you're not using youtube for music daily and banking off wifi at places, doubt you'd use more than 2 or 3 on average for normal chatting, picture uploads, email, discord, etc.

I've found I use slightly over 2GB so it would put me around 40-45 a month depending, seeing the average plans being 50-75 for shit it's not unreasonable to see the value. As mentioned if you go overseas/out of country, most budget plans won't give you the time of day for service.

i use fi because i'm not on a plan with anyone else and i don't use much data. otherwise, it would be better to get a plan elsewhere. unless i leave the country
also fuck bloatware year-long delays for android updates on other carriers

and you can't afford $20 a month. wow. that's rough.

>i use fi because i'm not on a plan with anyone else and i don't use much data.
This plus free number porting was why I popped to Fi, not to mention I do take a vacation overseas one or twice a year. Just nice not having to do anything wonky. If I had another person on my plan or something T mobile or various others would work.

Just won't go with stupid shit like boost, metro, or virgin mobile ever again. Yeah it's fine if I stick in the main cities, but found when i go even in places in the US service can just blow and there is shit all I can do.

I fucking loved it, in spite of the shit voice quality and frequent drops. Once texting started flaking, I had to switch.

Because its a shit deal when you can get 8gb of data per month on ATT prepaid for $25 a month

>8gb of data per month on ATT prepaid for $25 a month
U wat m8

Take it your phone doesn't support wifi calling? Also was that before or after the added more tower access recently?

huh? on their website it's 8GB for 40 a month with autopay. No hotspot or use outside the country

att.com/prepaid/plans.html

its at the top...the catch is you have to pay $300 upfront and then you get service for 360 days, 8gb of data a month....comes out to $25 a month

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 9.36.03 PM.png (1316x649, 112K)

It says it comes with 8GB for the rest of the term. Are you sure it's not 8GB per year?

>imagine being this NEET

its 8gb per 30 days, and any unused data rolls over for 1 month

>Data: Plan includes 8GB of high-speed data. Includes data usage within & between the U.S., Mexico & Canada. If 8GB high-speed data allowance is used in a 30-day period, speeds are reduced to a max of 128Kbps for the remainder of the 30 days.

>he thinks you need data to use GPS and maps
lmao, hopefully nobody hired you for technology related jobs..

Sweet fucking deal.
Tmobile coverage here is too good or I would switch right now.

Expensive as fuck when you can get 3gb for 15 a month
It's useful if you do a lot of international travel but other than that, nah

>It's useful if you do a lot of international travel
Except international roaming isn't free on Google Fi and it is on like every other provider.

>use google os
>use google services
>everything google

No

>You shouldn't use your phone while driving you fucking degenerate.
except for GPS, or music or podcast or even taking calls and replying to texts. You know you can do all that hands free these days, right?

>If you're actually a person with a job, you'll be somewhere with wifi all the time.

>byod
yikes

I didn't realize Fi has 3 networks. I'm on Cricket right now and am paying $25/mo for unlimited talk/text and 2GB a month. I'm connected to wifi 80+% of the time and haven't gone over yet even when traveling, but better coverage is interesting and I've noticed that my data is fucking slow around here. Although I don't think my budget moto g7 power can take advantage of all three.

I might consider it.

>with unlimited data
That usually means their network is over-committed. You'll get lousy speeds so you'll never move much data.

Google Fi uses 4 networks + their app to estimate speeds/saturation in the area. It's weird but it works, you can't use google fi on a non pixel device without the Google Fi app or it won't know how to do wifi calls vs choose the fastest network.

I keep it secret so normies don't flood it and drive up the price.

My phone has lineageOS and it works perfectly for tethering too.
The googlefi providers in my area share the same towers as tmobile so any GSM phone works if it's 4g/lte.

They also know the majority of their users are developers so they don't give a shit if you bring your own rooted devices.

Attached: 1562669774967.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

Because I'm not from the US and I get 50gb for about 10€. I also have 4G almost everywhere.

Scratch that, 20gb actually. I don't go through it every month but it happens.

Being this much of a Google fanboy is beyond me.

I pay $20 less for slightly less coverage with unlimited data.
t. T-Mobile user

>My phone has lineageOS
Do you need gapps? I am interested now.

>using your phone for music
wrong board, normie

>normie
You have to go back

I'm already back here. are you lost, redditor?

LARP less dude

>LARP
back to ledit you go

>caps at 80 bucks a month with unlimited data
I pay significantly less than that for unlimited data from a carrier that isn't likely to shut down operations with a week of notice.

t. incel with rage

Posting in a shill thread.
>I worked for lockheed martin as a janitor for 6 months and also run over 117 servers as an dust technician administrator. email servers and do company I.T. (interior trash) professionally.

It is:
A) Fucking expensive, and
B) Hosted by an ad company.

Only in America. :)

reddit is strong in this thread

>$80/m for *unlimited data slowed down after 15gb
It's shit. The other guys have lower prices, and more LTE data before slowing you down.

>saved over $50 a month over T-Mobile
Bullshit unless you don't use mobile data at all, and were on the most expensive T-Mobile plan (instead of the cheaper low/no data plans).

Hebrew letter 'he'

As in, yod he vau he

Attached: IMG_20190818_154751.jpg (720x379, 24K)

T-Mobile doesn't slow down until after 50gb. Costs less too.

>jewgle phone
>jewgle cellular internet connection

no

t-mobile is better assuming you have coverage. if you don't, one of the other major networks is better. fi is only good for international roaming. end of story.

if you don't understand how the math works out let me let you in on a secret: prepaid and mvnos exist

Depends if he ever uses international, not on a group plan, etc. T-mobiles plans now are only 70/mo+taxes and service fees popping it to about 80 if you want any use overseas. Google could be 30-40 depending on data

Sprint is 100gb. Also costs less, but even Verizon, and att don't deprororitize at 22gb, and prices are comparable to goofle's project fuck.

does anyone else know the word PRE PAID. i highly doubt most people give a shit about prioritization, and if you do you can go to mvnos

You fucking idiot. You shameless fucking retard. Someone says they listen to music on their phone and you disregard everything else save for that point and call him an epic normie. Your brain is the size of a pea.

> i highly doubt most people give a shit about prioritization,

they suddenly give a shit when they use cricket or a verizon MVNO and get deprioritized kek

80$? Jesus i pay like 5$ for unlimited internet and talk. God bless Eastern Yurop and Digi/RCS&RDS

Google Fi actually isn't great. Calls get dropped when the phone switches networks, and switching networks actually takes a few minutes.
Also, it's comically expensive for what it is.

>80 bucks a month for their cellular data use
Do burgers really do this? I pay 20 bucks a month and get unlimited everything bar 10gb of data as a europoor

What country?

>unlimited everything bar 10gb of data
What does this mean?

>free wifi
is this peak burger?

Sure it's good if you live in a big city with lots of public WiFi, you'd spend practically nothing on data. If you live anywhere else though it's fucking dog shit. I live rurally, tried it, and it was slow as shit and 15gb of data before throttling is abysmally low. The only thing it's good for that I use it for is for traveling, free data and calling internationally is a God send but that's about all it's good for. Cheap carriers like cricket or metro are not only faster, but they're cheaper than Fi.

Nah. It's peak shill.