>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: puppies.jpg (4032x3024, 907K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-Response-DisplayPort-MG279Q/dp/B00ZOO348C
pcpartpicker.com/list/kXLxZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/R7T7r6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a reason why Logical Increments isn't in OP?

ya it's shit

>tfw vega HBM can't clock past 800MHz

Attached: 1505587855824.gif (400x225, 841K)

The monitor I want to get is out of stock.
Should I wait for it to come back before I start my new build, or do the build now while everything else is in stock and use old monitors for now?

There's nothing else to wait for, you aren't going to suddenly get better CPU's or GPU's, I'd just do the build now and find another monitor.

>i have to wait two days to pay somebody to bypass my Windows password for me
Soon
Soon I will be able to see if my parts even work

This is false
Big Navi is coming

I am hoping big navi will outperform 2080ti and cost less forcing prices to drop.

why put a shitty nigger

>OP station with his wifes daughter
CAN'T MAKES THIS SHIT UP

It's not coming until next year and you might as well just buy a 2080TI if you want that speed.

about to build my first (Ryzen) PC
can any of you gentlemen recommend me a GNU/Linux friendly motherboard, please?!
I don't want to build a high-end gayming rig so anything under 150$ (with up to 64G ram support) would be great
Personally, i wanted to buy Gigabyte b450m DS3H but i don't know if i will face any issue with LAN/audio driver etc...

Attached: jjjjjjj.jpg (800x732, 73K)

Don't talk to me or my wife's daughter ever again.

>you may as well buy a (((2080ti)))
>don't bother waiting
>graphics card prices aren't going to drop anytime soon

Will sex bots have intel inside or are they retarded? Kek

Attached: OTA4NjU3OTc5Xzg1MDYwNjM5MTQ_4.jpg (1080x1440, 65K)

>not allowed to talk with him and his wife's daughter
>allowed to talk with his wife
what is this shit?!

Whatever just wear a condom the kids are ugly

Attached: 1539804030461.gif (310x186, 1.88M)

Is A520 also coming along with B550 next year?

Theres like $40-50 difference between A320 and B450m here, and I can use that for better RAM instead. Going for r5 3600 so the entry level board is gucci.

Alright. Are these monitors good?
amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-Response-DisplayPort-MG279Q/dp/B00ZOO348C

I was looking at this or one of the new LG IPS monitors, but those look like they're out for a while.

Assuming you're using an AMD GPU for Freesync and not an Nvidia GPU that'll be fine.

What's the best way to erase all data / format storage (nvme in my case)?
I just want for all the data, partitions etc. to disappear, empty the thing completely and then put it in a new system to install windows on it.

Let me rephrase that.
I just want to simply erase all data and partitions.
I don't need a secure erase, or unrecoverable erase or anything. I just want the thing to simply be empty, so I can use it for something else.

Currently my nvme has a botched windows installed, which I think has bricked my motherboard. I just want to erase everything from it before I put it in my new system.
I will get an external nvme adapter to hook it up to another pc and erase it from there.

But should I just use the diskmgmt.msc format function or something else?

Boot a GNU/Linux live cd. Type lsblk to find out which disk is which device file (e.g. /dev/sda etc). Then, execute sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=32M status=progress or sudo shred -v /dev/sda

Remember to replace the device file name with the name of the disk you want to type and be VERY careful - you can destroy other disks with dd or shred if you make a typo

Alternatively, check out darik's boot and nuke

as I stated, I simply want to erase the data
I don't need secure erase, permanent erase and especially not bullshit that overwrites it a milllion times

just a simple one time erasing of everything

dd if=/dev/zero of= fills the disk with zeroes (so it's quick) and will destroy all filesystem setups/partitioning etc

Is there any reason for me not to get Palit GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER JetStream?
Like any downsides, problems with the card?

You know exactly what this is, a modern family.

thank you
though I really don't want to fuck with linux and stuff
I will find some other way

When you're installing Windows from a USB drive for example, you have the option to do so

Sabrent Rocket seems to be way too fucking good, half the price of 970 Evo Plus while performing the same. Is there any catch to it or can I buy one?

giv me ur budget and workload and ill giv u best pc for money

Attached: file.png (1080x1080, 1.21M)

Right now i have an H270 shitty cheap motherboard that supports only 2400MHz RAM, with an i7-7700 (non k).

How much of an improvement would i see if i upgraded to 9700k and 3200MHz RAM with a proper motherboard? I'm talking real world performance/improvements in gayming, not synthetic scores

Several benchmarking programs tell me that my GPU (RTX 2070) and storage (m.2 nvme Samsung 970 PRO) are performing slower that expected and i think it might be due to an underpowered/outdated motherboard and too slow RAM

Attached: Cattura.png (572x298, 87K)

Is the cm hyper 212 good enough for r5 3600?

Or should I get the dark rock 4 (non pro)

It's enough. Dark Rock 4 & Pro is for 3900x tier CPUs

Are NVME drives rated to last longer than normal SSDs?

It's about the NAND-type, not the interface. Even QLC drives will virtually outlast you if you're an everday user but the price difference is so negligible that a TLC drive will be adequate for 99% of the users.

choosing a graphics cards is really fucking me up

i was going to buy a ridiculously overpriced 1660 for 240 euros but the the 1660 ti only 30 euros more so i figured i'd get that

but at that point i would be paying so much that it would probably better to spend a bit extra and get a 5700

should i just wait for the new amd budget cards?

vega 56 for that money much more performance?

doesn't that card get incredibly hot?

i live in the desert and I've had issues with cooling in the summer before

no it does not, if it does model is faulty which can happen with any gpu there is, if u had any braincells u would buy used 1080 for like 280$

Will their be GPU deals on black friday

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

I've got 27" 1440p monitor. I want to be able to run Cyberpunk and other games that might come in the next 2-3 years. I'll also develop Android apps on that machine.

Is this good enough? Money is not the problem, I can afford 3900x but I don't want to overkill and overpay if I don't have to. I just want to be safe for the next 5-6 years.

Attached: computer.png (661x372, 30K)

Huh? What did you do that you cant log in?

Is the EVO 860 worth the extra 17 bucks over MX500?

pcpartpicker.com/list/kXLxZR
So my parts arrived and everything works. Anything I might have forgotten, like BIOS settings or something like that?

Attached: 1540256596027.png (896x571, 34K)

That's more than good enough. 3900x is overkill for gaming.

You also don't need an 850w psu. 650-750 is good enough

If money isn't an issue and are in it for the Long haul, invest in an X570 motherboard. Better Grams, better silicon and trace quality, as well as PCIe 4.0. plus less of a headache compared to hoping your B450 motherboard and it's BIOS will play nice with your 3900X.

>Better Grams
Better VRMs*. I've been outted. I'm a dirty phone poster. I'm sorry Jow Forums

Attached: 1555371188662.jpg (1028x732, 340K)

Don't worry, we already knew that

is it better to have 4x8 or 2x16 ram?

2x16GB. If you're talking higher speed RAM, the memory controller in most consumer platforms can't handle 4x8GB of high speed RAM and you may see lower speed/looser timings on 4x8 than your RAM kits are rated for because of this. Plus it leaves 2 slots open if you want to run 4x16GB in the future (and are willing to deal with everything I just said in exchange for 64GB RAM).

However if youre talking those insane kits that are ddr4 4400MHz+, you can only get those in 2x8GB because 8GB DIMMS are single rank where as 16GB DIMMS are dual rank. Single will always be capable of faster speeds.

My build is just 16GB, I fucked up the list

$1500
Programming, machine learning memes, vm work, occasional light gaming.

for those who have the razer kraken x52 / x62, if the motherboard has no AIO_PUMP connector, how do you connect it? You put the two 4pins on both locations CPU_FAN? Does it work to adjust the pump anyway?

>occasional light gaming

Attached: 1518361681099.png (644x800, 15K)

Best x570 in the 200-300 range?

all this amd shilling finally got to me and I decided to get a amd cpu, but why the fuck are the x570 around 100€ more expensive than the z390 counterparts? anything they do better?

second question is whether the crosshair viii or aorus master would be the better and more futureproof board for when I am gonna upgrade the cpu in a few years

Today's the day the 5700xt Red Devil is restocked right?

Attached: Letmelivemyfantasy.jpg (749x736, 92K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/R7T7r6

Just take the pulse pill

On the Intel side, is the i9 the only CPU that won't bottleneck a 2080ti? Or is there another option?

Attached: 19-117-957-V01.jpg (640x480, 31K)

If it has Intel shit in it, it'll work just fine. Audio is also going to work OOB with no issues. Honestly, any mainstream motherboard will work fine with no issues

You mean the coil whine pill?

That seems entirely adequate. Thanks a lot.

mind that this ram easily clocks to 3200 low cl14 on 1.37v
Should be meaningful uplift

Attached: 68960208_418114308822300_3083417565474826535_n.jpg (1080x1350, 234K)

Hey Jow Forums

I believe my GPU is fucked. An RX570 that keeps showing an inverted, distorted image for a few miliseconds every now and then. Happens frequently with Firefox or when starting any game, sometimes ingame. There's no "artifacts" I can find but it does this thing now and then and it seems to have something to do with the power states, but even with everything at default it's having issues (I underclocked that shit a little). I tried a different cable as I was suggested but nah, same shit.

Regarding temperatures it's not exactly cool either. No apparent problems with a little underclock which leaves the temps at around 70C but If I leave it at defaults it's fairly loud at 100% usage, trying to keep 75C. I don't consider that temperature to be a problem but the fans ramp up to a point where it can be heard outside the room. I'm a bit concerned about the thermal pads on it because they are fairly worn out but not knowing the exact thickness of each pad makes things a little harder (and I doubt stacking them will be a good idea).

Basically it's fucked. I tried older drivers (19.5.2), same deal. I haven't tried a different OS, but I doubt Windows 10 LTSC is the cause. Any suggestions? Should I shop for several different sizes of thermal pads? Should I buy an aftermarket cooler (though I'll be honest, that's already half the price of this cheap ass card when I bought it)? I can perfectly live with the underclock, but this thing is legit bothering me. It's almost like the screen just wants to blink every now and then.

poorfag here, i have an athlon 240ge and have a chance to get a GTX1650 for 60 bucks, should i do it? budget doesn't really allow an RX 570

cant save up 30$ more for 570, dud just walk on the street and collect money of it jesus

ASrock Extreme 4
ASrock Taichi
Asus Strix-E/Strix-F
X570 is PCIe 4.0 where as Z390 isn't. As a whole to meet compliance with the standards required of PCIe 4.0, the VRM section on most X570 boards are good, the silicon and trace quality is higher as well. But that's about it.
If you have a 2080Ti, you're not going to be at 1080p more than likely. Anything 1440p or above will be more GPU bottlenecked than anything so you'd be fine even with a 9700k. However if you have the cash, get the 9900k for sure. Hell I think the 9900KF is only $420 now because they took away the iGPU.
Not a horrible deal

I'll come back in 2 hours and keep you up.

Not on any of the ones people actually want

I want to overclock my 9900k. What's the best cooler to do so? I was considering the various AiO Corsair models. Anyone ITT have one? Are the pumps quiet? Any issues with failures?

yes, though the last time I tried, I ended up with unallocated disk space for no reason and I couldn't merge it with windows or any of the partitions on the os drive anymore

>workstation
>content creation
>productivity

Just boot from the latest Ubuntu on a USB and see if it fucks up. If it does, then try UC/UV. Maybe if you are already UV, bring the voltages back to stock. Don't buy an after market cooler for such a cheap GPU

is having a 2400/3400G with 16gigs of hyperfast ram good enough for 720p60fps on newer games?

>720p

pls

What are your opinions on the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard?
Is it good?

Personally I want it for 3x m.2 and using gigabyte app in windows to control fans. Dual BIOS also seems like a good idea for a fool like me.

if you like it get it dud
Asus PRIME X570-P
is the best for money tho

Whats a good cheap 500-600w power supply for about $60?

Seasonic

I am just a bit scared of buying any motherboard, because my last one from MSI got bricked after installing their shitty software on windows... all I wanted was to control my fans without windows ignoring the set curves.

dud
mobo has nothing to do with you being retard
just dont touch things ur not sure about and its all fine!

Any seasonic? Don't PSU sometimes have radically different performance depending on model/series even if they are near same price

Why do 240mm/280mm AiO units exist and why are people willing to pay so much for them? I have a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 which is only about 1°C behind the Noctua NH-D15 in performance. I was considering an AiO unit, namely the Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm AiO (for $180!) So I can really lean on my i9-9900k but when looking around at reviews, it barely wins at all when put up against the NH-D15 which brand new is what, $90? Are AiO aesthetics reasons only or am I missing something?

Attached: 8789_29_corsair-h115i-rgb-platinum-liquid-cpu-cooler-review.png (574x1188, 122K)

yes but not seasonic

>QLC NAND as boot drive
You can get a TLC one for $10-20 more. Sabrent 1TB etc.

And whats wrong with it exactly?
paying 300% of price ofr what? 15% difference at 4k
dont make me laugh
Aorus puts this shit to dust

QLC is garbage for longevity and has 1/10th the write life span of MLC or TLC. And any sort of sustained writing to the QLC based drive will eventually suffer from insanely slow speed due to lack of dedicated cache because QLC uses its own storage as cache. Not even the user you're talking to but at least try and have a basic understanding of what you're talking about before you start running your mouth

As much as I hate the term, AiO coolers are pretty much memes compared to top-tier coolers. Besides they just work and if the fans die you just get a new fan rather than replacing the entire unit.

Attached: aio.gif (951x534, 706K)

>9700k and 2070 super
>occasional light gaming

Well what the other user said. In terms of durability TLC NAND are much sturdier than QLC due to the way they work. You can get MLC 970 PRO but that shit is way too expensive and only needed if you're writing hundreds of terrabytes on the drive on a daily basis.

Seasonic S12II, 520watts?

nobody should buy a 2080ti, they're hilariously overpriced and have been out for over 1 year now.
Even compared to the 2080s, which is already too pricey for the performance, and the 2080ti is $500 more expensive for what's at most a +30% performance difference.

the thing is that everything worked just fine for a few days right until the moment I installed msi dragon center and rebooted and it wouldn't post anymore and even after trying everything from clearing cmos, installing different bios, taking out parts etc. wouldn't make it work again

My MSI mobo works fine with linux out of the box in most distros. If the mobo has intel lan and realtek audio, you should be fine for the most part.

based common sense user

just buy it