The Laptop Jow Forums Has Been Waiting For

Thinkpad T495
Ryzen processor
Dual channel RAM
1080p HD IPS screen
removable battery
thinkpad build quality
starting at $890

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-10 lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t495-hero png (WEBP Image, 725 × 515 pixels).png (725x515, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T495-with-Ryzen-5-Pro-is-slower-than-Core-i5-ThinkPad-T490-in-initial-benchmarks.424019.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Chromebook status
[X] Is a Chromebook?
[] Is not a Chromebook?

Too fucking thin...

>nu-thinkpad build quality
>chiclet keyboard
Pass.

>removable battery
lolno

>1080 16:9 screen for 900 bucks
Makes Macbooks look like bargains.

except it beats intel-based laptops in single and multi core performance.

Is the 400nit FHD screen a good panel? Lenovo loves to put shitty panels in otherwise good laptops. Also, is one of the RAM slots soldered in or can you remove both, like how it should be?
This. I hate the stupid giant bezels. There's so much room being wasted.
Surface? Comfy. MacBook? Comfy. Lenovo?

And probably has half the battery runtime even with the ghetto screen and chrome os.

It's not a chromebook you fucking brainlet.

>And probably has half the battery runtime even with the ghetto screen and chrome os.
except it comes with a switch that allows you to throttle it up to 35W for tasks that require power, then throttle it back down to 15W for power saving.

I'm thinking it's the best laptop on the market right now.

>is one of the RAM slots soldered in
Yes

If I was in the market for a new laptop, this is what I'd get. I'm content with my X230 for now.

do they only sell it with touch?

TN, non-touch IPS, touch IPS and touch IPS low power

thank you user

Shitty screen, shitty speakers, horrible battery life (but hey you can remove it)

For me, it's the E495 for half the price.
>using speakers
Spotted the nigger.

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-101429.jpg (768x771, 196K)

What's the difference between e and t?

Build quality and warranty mainly.

>soldered ram
>1080p in 2019
>doesn't have good speakers like the new x1
>calls itself a thinkpad yet has a soldered cpu
Yeah, that's a nah for me.

>calls itself a thinkpad yet has a soldered cpu
amd and intel don't produce socketed laptop CPUs any more you dumb fuck

damn that's a good price. I think you can get it even cheaper because lenovo always sells their laptops with a discount.

my x201 says otherwise.

good, this means we can have desktop chips in our laptops now.

> soldered ram
> removable battery is a feature now

That's a nah for me. The rest looks breddy gud tho. Soon hp/dell will release a competitor but with some *actual* build quality, like they always do.

> soldered CPU
the last laptop that had one was the T440p. Be honest with yourself, you would never even touch that anyways.

1080p in 2019 is perfectly good an acceptable, you fags need to get fucked

It would have been $650 without Trump tariffs.

Just one of the many reasons he'll be a one-term president.

Oh no, protecting and growing the American technology sector through tarriffs on cheaply made goods that use slave labour to strangle American companies in their crib. That bastard, we can't allow him to interfere with Chink dominance of the world.

>chiclet keyboard
You faggots keep saying that incorrectly.

Same. I remember when thinkpads used to be good.

RIP battery.

I bought a 1080p T480 for $1500

>the last laptop that had one was the T440p
T460p is a thing, you know?

>not using a dual core thinkpad from 2011

No user, the removable battery is gone

T460p has a soldered cpu, you know? Intel stopped producing socketed mobile cpus for laptops in 2014 or something

Our tech sector doesn't need any more growth.

>2019
>1366x768
>1920x1080

Fucking shit DPI, enjoy your eye rape

I have one I've been very happy with it. To be honest it like having a laptop that you really don't think about. You dont have to worry about scratching it because it has some fancy metal, will some application run slow? will I need to but some sort of dongle? It even has a Ethernet port! The screen is matte but still pretty crisp. I have the version with Vega 8 graphics and can go up to 3840 x 2160 on resolution.

thin but still has a Ethernet port

Attached: ds_t495.jpg (1152x864, 734K)

>14" 1080p
>shit dpi
What?

>16:9
kiddie toy
no thanks

>muh 4:3
fucking faggots like you make me sick, hurry off into a retirement home ffs

found the kiddie

wait, does ryzen mobile come in non-bga?

e is more upgradable, but with a lower build quality

>thin but still has a Ethernet port
But does it have VGA? Don’t care for Ethernet, WiFi works and is ubiquitous, but there isn’t yet a widely available display connection that’s not crap.

and why would I still need VGA if you use wifi?
Also where I work we can't connect to the network via wifi, its a security risk.

Are you saying you have a 4k screen? How? I thought the Lenovo Ryzen laptops only offer 1080p screens.

>soldered ram
useless garbage laptop, into le trash it goes

Is the $100 difference worth it for the 3700u over the 3500u?

>pls use IBM boomer stuff in 2019
>pls
>*sips*

Does it get hot? The right firing vent seems to be an issue if it gets hot imo. I might get an AMD Thinkpad once USB4 comes around. Having no TB3 is a big limiting factor.

>flat-ass fagbook keyboard instead of glorious OG unsoakable thinkpad keyboard
>AMD PSP botnet inside
>16:9 instead of glorious 4:3
>webcam built in
>no fancy indicators
>even touchpad buttons fucking flat
>no ThinkVantage™ button
>non-librebootable
Literally no one on Jow Forums waited for that, only your faggot brushhead friends at kikebook

NOT a 4K screen, it can push to a 4K external screen.

Dose not get hot, I have yet to hear the fan spool up. But keep in mind at work all i run is email, powershell/terminal, VM and youtube. I did not get this as a desktop replacement, all my heavy work i do on my Ryzen desktop.

>890
>for a budget cpu
>for a 1080p screen
fucking retards

Well Apple sells a 720p Air for the same price and worse at every spec, so I don't really get your point.

any worthwhile upgrades from x230 when i don't do anything outside of office work on it?

I'm about to buy one too, and I want a T non-s model for the ethernet port too. It's too comfy.

What cpu+screen?

you can get a decent MacBook with perfect Retina display for that much.

any laptops with dual controller nipples and an integrated onahole?

Sounds great, but I feel obligated to point out that absolutely nothing feels slow on Linux for me even though I'm on a 3rd-gen i3. I genuinely forget that fact unless I'm trying to run >muh 3d gaymes.

Their thermals turn me off from them. Are the 2012 (or around there) MacBooks better in that respect?
I don't hate MacOS but I want the freedom to run something different and not have it burn the fuck out of my legs.

>It has Thinkpad in the name, the guys at Jow Forums will love this
Fuuuuck oooooff. There's no reason to pay more than $100 for a laptop. If you actually have a good OS and software you can run a browser and word processor and discord and whatever else with .5 GB of memory, nobody wants/needs hardware upgrades. Hardware upgrades only exist for marketing purposes (having bigger numbers than the competition), and they basically encourage bad software design.

lol

Attached: lol.png (1016x151, 11K)

>Ryzen processor
No point to get over 3500u since the cooling design is gimped. Also no ecc support because Fuck you soldered ram
>dual channel RAM
Soldered RAM extra $700 to get 32gb when you can buy it for $150
>removable battery
Stop lying they removed power bridge from T49*. It has even less battery than X series now because muh thicc
>1080p screen
Low power screen is bringing back 1990s level LCD ghosting
>thinkpad build quality
It's a plastic chassis now that's even thinner. Oh yeah and soldered Wi-Fi too.

I was really excited to get an un-gimped AMD ThinkPad. I've bought ThinkPads for 15yrs and this is the first gen I bought an elitebook 745g5 instead. I'm not giving Lenovo shekels if they are going to take features like power bridge (giving you almost 90whr worth of battery) off the menu.

This is the kind of thinking that makes something stagnate out of relevance.

Let me guess. You'll be buying 4k phones as soon as you can.

Just do Displayport to D-Sub.

Please define what makes an aspect ratio determine the intended age group.

I use this for work 1080p is fine for that. i'm not sure why these retards game on a laptop. Even the best gaming laptop is halfass'ed to a desktop. Even if the specs are the same your sitting posture and screen orientation is not proper. I run linux on a old i3 and it runs fine as ever.

Attached: 1567880526364.jpg (628x960, 48K)

this comp is shite, not a realt thinkapad.

And the worst keyboard ever produced.
>oh you haven't tried it
Yes I have.

Attached: beep beep bait.jpg (480x480, 26K)

user, 8k phones already exist

Tariffs are a form of taxes. Taxation is theft. Fuck tariffs, fuck taxes. If I should be able to freely trade for cheap goods without govt "protecting" local corporations at the expense of consumers.

You have a short term gain and long term loss mindset just because you want cheap Chinese junk.

Loss:
Local economy, manufacturing, brain drain
Remote economy does not confirm to similar environmental regulations, increasing damage to the environment and long term sustainability
Remote economy also does not share labor regulations, China is 1 step above slave labor and the working conditions are pretty bad

Gain:
You can buy your electronics at 1/4 the price

While I agree that taxation is theft, tariffs can act as an "opportunity cost" to encourage local production. This has a lot of benefits including not shipping your money overseas. This will be necessary once we exit the deficit spending mindset which is totally unsustainable.

Nice source apple boi. I too can type in notepad.

Holy kek!

local corps aren't ever going to lower prices if foreign goods are 4 times more expensive. tariffs only serve to protect corporations, it provides literally no benefit to consumers. employees that end up getting fired under a no tariff system because they're not profitable to the employer anymore, can find and adapt more quickly to another market niche that actually needs them. they were going to fail anyway, so might as well not prolong the misery and get it over with quickly.

Here's your source poomd shill
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T495-with-Ryzen-5-Pro-is-slower-than-Core-i5-ThinkPad-T490-in-initial-benchmarks.424019.0.html

>chiclet keyboard
No

The cpu perf is about the same but the vega m gpu is much better than intel shit

>all those factory workers deserve to lose their jobs. They need to learn to code
Retard

What login manager is that? looks aesthetic

>lets subsidize all these failing businesses!!
>oh no, this recession turned into a depression, who could have imagined this happening?
same keynesian logic, same end result: consumers get shit on. so yes, if your business cannot survive without govt interference (otherwise known as coercion), it doesn't deserve to exist.

>4:3
>not 16:10
not everything is black and white, brainlet

it's windows 10.

>local economy
you probably only go to walmart and mcdonald anyway you fat burger

Tarriffs will only make products more expensive because the state forces out competition. Thus corporations (and anyone else) will have the highest price possible that people still will accept.

i can tell you never been to Europe

Tarrifs used to be the primary way the government funded itself. Federal income taxes weren't a thing for a long time in the US. In fact if the US returned to a tariff model you'd complain about higher prices on imported goods but the average american would make 30% more money.

does it still have a shitty fucking clickpad

actually a good prize for the shitty laptop market i dont need anything tho, i got a used 2 year old E460 for 300 euros

Thanks for the history lesson I already knew, pal. Have you considered that if there were no govt at all, then the average american wouldn't need to deal with stupid tariffs as well as not having their money stolen through taxation? literally everything the govt does, the private sector does better as well as in an ethical manner. "What about muh warlords" government is already those very warlords today. for evil to succeed in an anarchist society, it would have to start from zero. in a statist society, it already has the framework to easily corrupt.