Your current Linux distro

>your current Linux distro
>your current desktop environment

Windows and Mac users need not apply

Attached: 64457575.jpg (800x800, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Is-Linux-faster-than-Windows-To-be-precise-is-a-program-run-in-Linux-faster-than-that-of-Windows-given-the-same-hardware-specification
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Manjaro
GNOME

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-10 18-58-07.png (3840x2160, 563K)

Do you cut every day or every other day?

Summer is over, so bulking rn

Attached: 1567604160408.jpg (1509x1737, 302K)

do you try to play games on that?
i heard is pretty good for proprietary softwares

Ubuntu
xfce

Attached: 1561046140635.png (518x412, 174K)

not really. Last game I played was shadow of mordor, which was fun ages ago.

GUIXSD
StumpWM

Attached: 1566371446899.png (1060x1500, 1.76M)

and i guess you dont need to use cross platforms like wine to play that..

nup, just works

Arch and xfce

Manjaro and KDE

KDE and XFCE are the only DEs worth using

Gentoo and i3

Void.
BSPWM.

so really now how its not the year of linux desktop, everything seems to werk.
its free and any brainlet can use it.

Windows 10
The default one

Eat shit, I post where I please and I please where I post

Because MS lobbied windows to be the defacto desktop OS

Void!
First tried it on a VM on my laptop.
Now it runs on everything: Server, Workstation, Laptop, Raspberry.
Sadly there is no m68k port.

Devuan ascii
Xfeces

Arch GNU/Linux/systemd/Xorg
Budgie

No unixlike system will ever be ready for the desktop simply for being unix.
It's like, do you know what a terminal emulator is? Do you know why you need one on linux and don't on Windows?
Fundamentally, a system of such poor design will never improve.

Macos

What should I choose: Kubuntu vs. KDE Neon?

Shit argument, see Did you ever need a terminal in MacOS or Android?

>No unixlike system will ever be ready for the desktop
and why is that unix standard have a better performance periodt
>do you know what a terminal emulator is
yeh.
>Do you know why you need one on linux and don't on Windows?
windows is close source so its useless virtualization
> a system of such poor design will never improve.
poor design? doing things simpler dosent mean they are shit.
It is precisely the perception of complicating everything that creates an unnecessary burden on the system

Using terminal on MacOS daily
Its a work computer tho

gentoo
herbstluftwm

gentoo
tty

Attached: 1564380864173.png (460x490, 232K)

KDE Neon
KDE

Fedora
GNOME or none (tty) depending on what I want to do.

Unix has always lost in performance to everything but Windows and it still loses to windows in almost any desktop related workload.
A terminal emulator is a program that emulates a physical terminal device. You need one on unix because as the outlier it didn't implement terminal drivers and instead hardcoded teletype control sequences in programs and userspace libraries. When every other system swapped their displays from character terminals to full graphics all they needed was to swap the driver, while unix required the hardware be reimplemented in software.
This is obviously poor design, not at all simple, and because these emulators need to emulate data transfer speeds from half a century ago it's also the slowest way to print text not to mention that X is the slowest way to draw windows in the first place.

Look into it a little bit. There isn't any design choice in unix that's actually good and there isn't any bit of simplicity that actually wins you anything.

Kubuntu, hadn't used KDE in ages, it's actually quite nice.

>A terminal emulator is a program that emulates >a physical terminal device. You need one on >unix because as the outlier it didn't implement >terminal drivers and instead hardcoded teletype >control sequences in programs and userspace >libraries. When every other system swapped >their displays from character terminals to full >graphics all they needed was to swap the >driver, while unix required the hardware be >reimplemented in software.

dude i really dont know what your talking about
bottom line windows consume much more RAM and CPU.
heavy GUI +1 bloat point for windows,
microsoft servers getting force download useless blocks of binary code +2 bloat points for windows,
background running software that you cant control or know what it actually do +3 bloat points for windows.
windows is bloat check the current benchmark
quora.com/Is-Linux-faster-than-Windows-To-be-precise-is-a-program-run-in-Linux-faster-than-that-of-Windows-given-the-same-hardware-specification

Fedora Workstation 30
GNOME 3 (garbage but it came by default and I didn't bother installing something less autistic. Don't care too much.)

Androidx86
Xfce

>Fedora

Is it still slow?

majaro
i3
> its comfy and it just werks

Windows 10
Windows 10

I use Arch btw.

Debian
LXDE

Attached: 1567753723739.png (800x598, 464K)

Normies wouldn't use the terminal on macos, but for a sysadmin the need to ssh and shit is pretty common, though I guess you can use some ssh thing like putty if that exists on macos.

arch
bspwm

Xubuntu
Xfce

Arch linux
KDE

KDE neon has newer KDE applications, but it's based on Ubuntu 18.04 so stuff like GIMP is older
Kubuntu has newer applications if you go with 19.04, but the KDE stuff will be less updated than KDE neon.

I usually go for neon and just add PPAs for stuff that I want newer versions of.

Debian Buster 10.1
MATE

Debian
xfce

I'm surprised I'm the only one. This is the gold standard of the desktop Linux experience.

KDE Neon on laptop.
Fedora/KDE on another one, tempted to switch it to Opensuse because its KDE first distro.

NixOS
tmux with hotkeys to launch x if needed.

Mint
xfce

Arch
KDE

>I'm surprised I'm the only one
Don't worry user I use it too

>Bedrock
>KDE with i3

nixos
xmonad

Unironically Red Star 3

Mac is a device.
Linux is a kernel.
Windows is malware

macOS
i3

mint
xfce

Windows 8.1 and 10 because they are better.
I do have Android whatever on my current phone but I don't really like it, Android is subpar.

Fedora
Gnome

Debian
KDE

Main PC:
Gentoo
usually i3

And for my old laptop:
FreeBSD (I know it's not Linux, but it's at least unix-like)
TWM

arch
gnome

Gentoo
Window Maker

Redpilled.

Attached: UnixHaters.gif (400x500, 144K)

>Arch
>openbox with literally no modifications. It's just a grey screen

>Gentoo
>WindowMaker

how you posting here then? lul

>Windows
>

Gentoo
sway

Ubuntu gnome desktop
Arch kde laptop

openSUSE tumbleweed
KDE/Plasma
It just works

Attached: 1546155680754.png (1732x1442, 327K)

Sorry, I prefer to have sex. Bye now.

Ah I see a fellow gigachad.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

So I guess the pseudoterminal kernel drivers (you know, the ones that run in kernel space, not userspace) that all terminal emulators use don't actually exist

Nigger.

I only came here for cute OP pic, and I don't care what you think.

Fedora
XFCE

Guix System
Window Maker

Debian
i3

Guix System
Sway

longhorn
dwm

void
dwm
extremely high iq

So do I. though I use stable, not testing or sid, which I'm led to believe is an unpopular choice

MX Linux
Xfce

Ubuntu
MATE

Attached: gloriousMATE.jpg (1024x544, 89K)

i don’t use a desktop environment

ITT NIGGER INCELS

>t. Coping poorfag with athlon x2

What is the point of this thread exactly? At least tell us why do you like that specific desktop environment/distribution, any notable modifications you made and how you did them. OP is a flaming faggot as always.

did the definition of redpilled change to "doesn't know what he's talking about" at some point?

fedora
xfce

Mint with Cinnamon. Sometimes I install different enviroments, but always come back to it because it's so comfy.

I use void because I'm retarded, I'm using bspwm + lemonbar right now.

I've been hopping DEs, but I don't really like any of them that much, KDE is my favourite though, I guess.
I'm considering just configuring various standalone programs to work well, and I have a few ideas but I'm lazy.
Various xdg things are annoying without a DE though, and I don't really like ricing/configuring thing, but I suppose I can do it once and call it a day.
I've been playing around with tiling wms but I think that stacking makes sense as a default functionality more, and that tiling should be the exception, like how most DEs let you snap a window to a corner of a screen and have it take up a quarter of it, which is nice for e.g. writing documents in LaTeX.
I find it really hard to find software I like, as I have autistic ideas for what they should do, and I don't really enjoy configuring all those things like emacs or whatever.
I suppose at that point I just need to learn how to more easily settle for the thing which is the "least worst", since there is no real perfect combination which would satisfy me, short of rewriting my entire system.

I haven't tried cinnamon actually, what do you like about it?

gentoo
kde plasma (figured I'd try it out... don't hate it.)

>he hasn't heard of links

Fedora + GNOME on laptop. Headless debian(sid) server.
pretty comfy to be honest

same here

BSD + win10 VM

Arch
MATE

>sid on server
do you like things that break?