/privacy/ - privacy general

i don't have anything to hide schizo retard:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
>youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
>Your government does have something to hide, and what they're hiding affects you in some way or another.
>Privacy isn't always about hiding something, it's also about what information should be available about you, it's an human right

getting started:
>privacytools.io
>prism-break.org/en/

already started:
>github.com/cryptoseb/CryptoPaper
>pastebin.com/1nhR2Rvz
>wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
>wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Security

define your threat model:
>Who are you hiding from?
>Why are you hiding from them?
>What are you willing to do to hide from them?

but /cyb/+/sec/ exists:
>Privacy has nothing to do with /cyb/er security, but it does with /sec/urity, which is why /privacy/ now exists

NOTE: actual /privacy/ guide/wiki is in the works, which will try to cover almost everything, meaning it will be suitable for everyone regardless of the different threat models people have

ITT: based mozilla to publish dns-over-https in late september (source: ghacks.net/2019/09/07/mozilla-plans-to-roll-out-dns-over-https-to-us-users-in-late-september-2019/)

Attached: 1568108959249.jpg (1280x1280, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

asteroidos.org/
archive.is/E9ZKU
archive.is/6OAiy
archive.is/ySebH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

* ITT: Discuss what OPSEC practices you put to use, could be anything from using different IP's for different accounts, or shutting the fuck up when switching between identities.

wtf

bump

Is it impossible to unfuck Windows 10 of all the privacy violations, like shit they keep away from the options and settings? Not that there is much to salvage anyway since my laptop is from Microsoft (they must have some sort of backdoor to it) and the core it uses is from Intel, just curious. Only took the privacy pill before I got this laptop, so that was a little late.

Attached: 1556903392256.png (1920x1080, 3.95M)

ITT: pedos

no

ah yes, because privacy is only reserved for childfuckers.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear

how do i post on Jow Forums without an ip?

fuck off you stupid nigger. give me your home address and access to your email so I can go through your shit.

Aren't you supposed to be an advocate for privacy? Why are you so eager on taking away my privacy?

so i can show you why privacy is important, since you retards don't actually care to understand with words.

Nah you're probably also a voyeur on top of being a pedo, seek help

Read the Wikipedia article that is literally linked in OP.
Privacy is a human right. In face of gay companies, advertisers and governments you shouldn't need to look for a reason why you would need your privacy, they have to justify intruding upon it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have full control over any sensitive or intimate information you have, who gets to see it, and being hurt or offended when a complete stranger gains access to it.

Of course, shitty drones like you wouldn't understand because your corporate overlords are being subtle about it. Imagine if you fully knew what and how they are doing it. Imagine having a cameraman following you at all times. Imagine emailing the entirety of all your private chat logs, emails and messages a stranger that is asking for it so they can show you cool products and propaganda you are more likely to buy into. Imagine thousands of strangers knowing your entire biography, currents whereabouts and daily routine.
"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" is principally the same as giving up your free speech because you are a mindless puppet of capitalism meant to only wageslave away that has nothing to say. Giving up any personal property and borrowing it to strangers for free because you don't need them right now.

You might as well delete everything off your computer right now that aren't social media and messaging services, web browser and games because you are such a dumbfuck that you will never need anything besides it.

Attached: 1562252700756.jpg (720x720, 71K)

>being this assblasted
Lmao

>Attention span so fucked that it can't handle reading more than three lines of text back to back, labeling everything else bloated
>Generic autogenerated NPC response proving my point
Dilate.

I'm sorry but I didn't come here to read walls of text written by some pedo

Fuck yes. Can someone get us a primer on wearables? I really want to get a watch but apparantly open watch projects keeps blocks stacks under wraps. Since I'm a techlet I have no idea if this is a big deal since buying a existing watch and jailbreaking it may leave me at risk anyway.

Are there any good Linux distros that is good for emulation up to the GameCube but also really good for privacy?

I heard Puppy Linux is good, but is there other ones that I'm not aware of?

Attached: commission_queen_tyr_a_lockhart_by_grimphantom-day3f1a.jpg (718x1111, 73K)

vivaldi is privacy?

If you aren't here for actual long form discussion then go back to twitter and facebook, NPCshit.

I think gitgub has apo image builds of dolphin so you can use it on any distro

What's up your ass, faggot?

Can you jew elsewhere? If I am a novice obviously I'll be here constantly trying to learn.

asteroidos.org/

Post the following, if you're not a pedo that is:
Email
Passwords
SSN
Address
IP
OS
Career

I'm aware this exists but should I avoid buying a premade watch?

Stop shitposting with your gay friend and embrace it

Attached: comment_LWsZ1JQUYKMECOm43DudNpl36s2HaEKW.jpg (1280x960, 734K)

Follow OP for starters if you wan't to learn so much, and as stated, the guy who started this thread is currently working way harder, writing a 'complete' guy just for some strangers on some image posting board

Based retards confusing anonymity with confidentiality

So, factory formatted phone, didn't log in to any Google account, removed or disabled all Google related apps. All the apps I use are FOSS. My browser is Bromite. Am I alright as far as basic privacy goes? I don't deal crack or make CP so I don't need protection from 3 letter agencies, I just don't want to be tracked 100% of the time.

Busy right now and this is a slow board so I posted now to get answers to read later and bump a good thread. I didnt expect to be dogged by a disgruntled asshole immediately

While unneccesary paranoia can be good to some extent, retards think that 3-letter agencies has researched every possible way to identify someone and is currently putting them to use in mass survelliance programs like PRISM

> retards are retards for acknowledging and taking action against mass surveillance programs that have been proven to exist. PRISM being one of them.

you realize that privacy is necessary for confidentiality, right?

There's a few things you must understand, one of them being that it is IMPOSSIBLE to unfuck Windows 10 for good, even with all telemetry features disabled, second thing is that Intel ME is probably installed in your processor (the so called botnet in your cpu), third thing is that your laptop probably doesn't support coreboot or libreboot, so don't expect to achieve 100% privacy on that machine.

What level of OPSEC? Low level normie proofing anyone should do or glow-proofing impossible tier?

I think it's fair to assume that the Low level normie proofing already is available, so it would be nice to know more about lesser known stuff

Sadly most people don't know the normie proofing shit, especially the people into privacy since they tend to be autistic fuckwads. This is why you see shit like "greyman" on the Jow Forums-type communities which boils down to autists teaching each other how to dress normally.

Can't argue with that, anyways, it would be nice to even get some posts that have anything to do with the thread topic (ITT)

>explain privacy to brainlets
everytime you do something online, imagine that you're telling some stranger: "hey! i just sent a mail to my co-worker containing my dick pics, also, just 10 secs ago i visited blackpeoplemeet.com! just letting you know!". While you aren't telling one single person all of this information, you're still telling people either way. All of this is being automated behind the scenes, unless you wanna do something to stop it of course.

Good bait, I shall upvote.

>Intel ME is probably installed in your processor (the so called botnet in your cpu)
What does one do against this?
Even SDcards have CPUs that can deliver MITM attacks!

Without IP you cannot conect to the interweb.

Use Tor or a VPN to hide your IP.

For is actually better to use rather than using a VPN. A VPN acts like another ISP by logging your data.

>inb4 use AMD
No, AMD has PSP.
>what do?
You can't fully remove Intel ME in modern intel processors, so your best bet is getting the Talos II, which might be the most secure workstation available right now, the Talos II has the Power9 ISA cpu that has no microcode which means you don't have to worry about cpu backdoors, it also have ECC memory, which is of course gonna be useful if you're gonna be using FDE. This thang aint cheap, it costs 6000$

Then why was the reason for your presence to stumble upon this thread?

Can you see how that specific ECC memory works? All it takes is something nonfree stuck there and away goes the privacy. ECC can be another front for an attack if I am correct.

Straight from their website:
"DDR 4.0

What goes best with PCIe 4.0 bandwidth? Lots of DDR4 main memory. Shuffling your data in and out of the CPU isn't a problem with Talos™ II's plentiful DDR4 slots. Vital data integrity is ensured through registered DIMM interfaces and ECC support"

that is a very specific picture

This. I've given up trying to explain shit to them. It's clear they don't care and intend to brand you as a threat. I don't know what happened since it was like a switch flipped around 2010, where suddenly people went from cautioning their kids and each other about using real info on the internet to believing it's suspicious if someone does not upload every waking moment of their lives.

Focus on yourselves and you'll be infinitely happier. Only discuss privacy and OPSEC among like-minded people since normies believe any form of self defense is bad. If they want to sell their souls to the botnet that's their problem.

but that's exactly how the issue gets worse. you have a niche of individuals who care greatly for privacy, but the majority of people will continue to live their lives and things will continue to get worse.

General philosophy of good OPSEC is the grey man principle. Make it subtle and definitely DO NOT GO AROUND BRAGGING ABOUT IT.

It's too late, they've already won. We're at the point where we will pay for the privilege of installing multiple spy-bugs in our own homes, no need for a glow in the dark agency to do it for us. Here's a troubling sign of what's to come:

archive.is/E9ZKU
archive.is/6OAiy
archive.is/ySebH

(Pick your poison. All articles are talking about the same thing)

dead links

there really isn't something we can do, and heres why.
* They still won't care if you tell them
* If you don't give a shit about privacy, then that really isn't our problem anymore, they need to become a victim of identity fraud for them to give a fuck aka learning the hard way
* People think it's about being a drug lord
* Edward opened your eyes 6 years ago, you should've realized it by now.

werks 4 me