Is there any alternative to javascript excluding suicide?

Attached: js-ml.jpg (167x177, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/node-python3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello. I'm medfag. I don't understand in your field. Can you please explain to me why this JavaScript is so bad? I visit this board for consumer threads, and from looking at threads like this one, people seem to have a great distaste for JavaScript.

Me on the left, I use JavaScript daily I'm a front end developer

Attached: Theidealmalebody.png (1537x1662, 2.32M)

Yes

Attached: rust.png (2557x650, 102K)

It's not so much the language but the people it brings. People who think they're smarter than they are and try to bring their internet technologies to spaces it definitely does not belong.

There's nothing wrong with Javascript. It's just another VM-based language, like plenty of others. Although I prefer TypeScript. I'm doing a NES emulator on Typescript right now and there's nothing Jow Forums can do to stop me.

JavaScript is (should be) used to animate little elements in the browser, but faggots decided to run JavaScript on computers with different purposes in mind, just because they can. At first, it's funny because it's just theoretically possible; but when people start adopting this in practice it becomes rage inducing.

Since you're a medfag I'll try to make an analogy. Let's say some doctor decides to chop off penises and shapes them into vaginas, just because it is theoretically possible; and later everybody starts doing it thinking it is okay. Oh wait.

So... suicide it is.

Imagine a surgeon using a kitchen knife instead of a scalpel during an operation - sure, the kitchen knife get's the job done (to some extent) but it's a stupid idea to use it.

Replace the kitchen knife with Javascript and the scalpel with any other language that is more suited to the task at hand, and then you'll see why we are disgusted by this.

i remember that game

Imagine giving a stab victim a saline solution transfusion instead of a blood transfusion.
That's what it's like.

Best analogy so far.

seething

Javascript is LISP but good.

Everything that came out of c

Programming elitists like to bash JavaScript because it brought a lot of "normies" into their formerly exclusive klub.

It's slow, inefficient and requires a lot of hacked together extensions for practical use. People use it because it's easy to get the hang of the basics following a simple tutorial and useful in one very common environment (the web), and then just get used to using it everywhere. It has just enough good features at a design level that people can be apologetic for it, but the vast majority of the language is atrociously designed. Combine that with its overuse being trendy and the language becomes something that spreads quickly and is fucking infuriating if you actually know what you're doing.

Not really. I said that unironically.

>search dev jobs
>every single one is javascript and node.js

From what I understand it's a low-skill language, and thus easy to get into, but ineffecient compared to other more professional languages. And since quantity always rapes quality, it became inevitable in the tech field, thus causing most software to be shittier than it should be. Is this right?

Sort of, it's not really BAD or something that nobody experienced should touch. It's genuinely good for web, just overused. Its primary problem is the horrific mess of frameworks to "fix" all its problems and the desire to push it into places it shouldn't be.

Basically yes.

JavaScript was meant to be an addition to internet browsers, but it has spread to other places like a cancer. Yes, software is shittier than it has to be. Modern computers are supposed to be real fast but the bad quality of software mitigates the advancements in hardware.

Before I leave the thread:
You actually give him saline first. At least before the testing to find out the blood group. Depending on the volume of blood lost, you may not even need a transfusion.

Based and trannypilled .

Why is this news, you can do anything in any language, that's the entire point

I unironically love JavaScript. I make $200k+ a year thanks to it

It's totally infested with zoomer and A1ers

Exactly. That's why you can get the job done with Java script

>Javascript is LISP but good.
The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Same digit trips followed by dubs, not bad.

>Replace the kitchen knife with Javascript and the scalpel with any other language that is more suited to the task at hand, and then you'll see why we are disgusted by this.

If Python is so great at Machine Learning, why you cant do it in JS? Both are dynamic typed language, also JS is defacto language of web, so i imagine visual representation of data may be easier in JS, with canvas, webgl etc

And there's nothing you can do to get anyone to use it

>Is there any alternative to javascript
alternative is the right tool for the job. use your head, my dude.

because the performance is shit probably? nothing machine learning related for python is actually written in python, everything has c/c++ backends, does js have this? (actual question, i dont use js)

what about webassembly? You can use C++ with webassembly. I know its not JS

>does js have this? (actual question, i dont use js)
Not really. When you make JavaScript apps for the desktop, you can write native libraries but it's only used as a last resort (like for directly accessing hardware)

Now MacBooks will run even hotter.

It's not enough.
Native code is still several times faster than WASM

Because the python code is just a thin wrapper over the C++/Fortran/Matlab code that actually does the machine learning

Hows that any different then python? At least it has async and brackets

Javascript code is just a thin wrapper when v8 c++ engine does the work

It's slower, can't run native extensions on your browser, and it can't be (decently) programmed due to the disastrous type system.

Despite its slowness, WASM is an alternative to js

Have fun writing C++-JS bindings.

Yes, but v8 interprets the JS code.
Python call compiled and optimized out of the wazzo libraries.

1. languages are tools, stop giving a shit about them beyond personal projects.
2. nodejs by itself is pretty fast, and it's C like syntax should be familiar to nearly everyone, making it a good high level language that is competitive.
3. if you hate doing shit like electron or working with [insert shitty bloated frontend library here], nodejs has plenty of other libraries dedicated to working with actual desktop gui toolkits.

I honestly don't get the hate behind nodejs nowadays. I view it as a scripting language that is faster than python, tidier than php, more versatile than both, and with insane optimizations applied to everything by default. It might be a language designed to tolerate brainlets, but think of what an actually good programmer could achieve with it.

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/node-python3.html

here are some comparisons between node and python.
I wonder if PyPy could hold up to these speeds though.