Google doubles down on Dart and Flutter. They announced Dart 2.5 and Flutter 1...

Google doubles down on Dart and Flutter. They announced Dart 2.5 and Flutter 1.9 at their big developer conference in China. Flutter 1.9 merges Flutter for Web back into the main branch, so you can now easily build mobile apps and web apps from the same codebase. Dart 2.5 adds Dart-C interop (adding C code and libraries directly to your Dart/Flutter projects), ML-enhanced code completion, and improved constant expressions.

developers.googleblog.com/2019/09/flutter-news-from-gdd-china-flutter1.9.html
youtu.be/DVGIBU109nI

Attached: 0_EzNuk5GmPG3-yjT4.png (960x540, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flutter/samples/blob/master/veggieseasons/lib/screens/details.dart
github.com/flutter/samples/blob/master/veggieseasons/lib/screens/search.dart
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_doom_(programming)
youtube.com/watch?v=wzNd3yyLcaU
dart.dev/guides
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=5A7A41900D988B0F743DE2E90416D58A
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=3D14D1BF592A611860FEAC4188214258
typescriptlang.org/docs/home.html
basarat.gitbooks.io/typescript/docs/getting-started.html
eloquentjavascript.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dude just learn another language
Fuck this industry.

>Fuck this industry.
Must be hard to live with a negative iq.
In every fucking job ever you have to learn new tools along the way, why IT should be different? Because you're too retarded to learn things on your own outside school?
You hate systemd right? You don't like social network? 70s music was better right?
Just kill yourself.

Can't compete with C#, ASP.NET Core, Blazor and Xamarin. Microsoft won, it's too late for Google.

>Xamarin
Xamarin is dead since M$ bought it and ended the paid support.
It was shit before that, so imagine now.

Flutter is great. Dart isn't. I'd be more fine with this if Dart were better, this is basically just replacing Java with an equally bad language which also has a slower runtime.

>Flutter
This crap is only good for building pyramids of lel code. That is why they keep indentation at 2 spaces, otherwise it would be too shameful to read.

Attached: rererererererer.png (950x660, 61K)

if the company implements their own meme tech be it a hipster tool or their internal libs i not going to waste my free time on them.

The pyramidism intensifies.

If you don't believe me:
github.com/flutter/samples/blob/master/veggieseasons/lib/screens/details.dart
github.com/flutter/samples/blob/master/veggieseasons/lib/screens/search.dart

Attached: pyramids.png (837x738, 444K)

There's nothing wrong with that.

>What is pyramid of doom

This is a well known anti-pattern and the fact that you are unable to identify it just shows how retarded you are.
Google trying hard to hide it with weird 2-spaces tabbing just reinforces my point.

Learn yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_doom_(programming)

Attached: pyramid-of-doom.jpg (800x952, 139K)

The picture you just posted is completely different from the two previous examples. The indentation in Flutter is only used when defining widget trees for the UI, which is naturally deeply nested and tree-like. There are limited options when trying to express such structures using text and whitespace.

Spotted the NEET.
>In every fucking job ever you have to learn new tools along the way
Wrong. When a new tool comes, it's because it's significantly better that what already exists. Dart is not better than anything, it's just Google trying to lock-in developers into their ecosystem like every single company seems to be trying nowadays. You're a corporate cuck, and a pretty dumb one.
> Just kill yourself
No, you kill yourself. The world won't miss your fizzbuzz toy projects, retard.

To be fair react native suffers from this too to a degree. After all you still have to use indentations for every element.
Flutter is better if you want a more consistent look between the different operating systems. Plus it's probably going to play a big part in google's upcoming mobile OS, and if it takes off, there's gonna be a lot of demand for flutter (at least in the infancy of the OS)

>naturally deeply nested
Nesting is always a problem. You can't see where a block starts or ends easily. Other GUI description languages like html and xml also become nested, but because they have named ending tags it is not that bad, and they can be collapsed using editors.

GUI as code is a disgrace just like callback hell.

And all officially supported flutter plugins do include ending tags by default.

Attached: Screenshot_20190910_230256.png (569x230, 24K)

to be fair, html has pyramids as well.

not sure how you could build layouts without nesting.

>it's probably going to play a big part in google's upcoming mobile OS
Google has a history of shelving big projects.
Dart most likely won't be the language for Fuchsia. I bet my ass it will either be Kotlin or Javascript/Typescript. Such a large number of developers can't be ignored, and Google will need apps ready at the Fuchsia store at launch, otherwise it risks becoming another Blackberry or Microsoft.

>comments as ending tags
LMAO

you could build a Flutter app for Fuchsia today.

it's in the repo, I am guessing have to change Fuchsia support is in some alpha stage. but you won't have to change your app code for it to support Fuchsia.

>>comments as ending tags
that's good thing though

>nesting code is bad
>nesting XML is good
You are being a retard on purpose, right?

Yeah, yeah, I've lived a similar situation when Blackberry dropped his old OS based in JavaME and moved to a completely different OS that at first could only be programmed in C++. All those existing enterprise apps and dev shops were essentially abandoned. Most of them either closed or moved to Android (also Java) or iOS.
When Blackberry realised this and there were almost no Cascades apps for their new BB10 OS they panicked and started adding support for HTML/JS and even Adobe AIR (lol). Nobody made apps in Adobe and the HTML API suffered a total rewrite a la Python 3, only to end up changing again to Cordova.
Finally they realised they were totally finished and in a move of desperation they tried to add support for Android apps, but even that was botched because you couldn't easily compile or port the app to BB10 without rewritting/modifying all the Google Services stuff. You had to create a specific BB10 port and nobody liked this.
Finally Blackberry gave up and started releasing phones with Android OS.
BB10 was a very good OS (better than Android), C++ was a good enough language, but the whole thing flopped.

Imagine this but with Dart instead of C++. Nobody works with Dart other than Flutter devs.

You don’t even write in flutter fuck off. The ide puts those in.

>write in flutter
Fuck Flutter and fuck the IDE.

>zhe requires an ide

Attached: C5E5A465-C06B-496B-9667-7BCF41E551B1.gif (320x240, 993K)

Daily reminder that imperatively defining GUI is a fucking joke

Declarative GUI, Immediate Mode GUI, or fuck off. There can be nothing in-between.

> ASP.NET Core
Unstable garbage. Stay away

I wonder if they'll use their FFI to replicate the iOS and Android APIs, like Xamarin does on C#.
Using message channels for everything, turning everything async and making it super verbose to use platform specific code is one of the two things that keep me from loving flutter.
The otherare some of the random, minor annoyances, like how Tab bars in Flutter don't displace the PIP window in iOS, like the native Tab Bar does and the iOS widgets feeling very non-native.

Flutter is highly popular in India and China because chongs like to write shit code (the more is better)

10,000,000 千万 lines Big numbers in Chinese

Its always the same seething faggot complaining about flutter and code pyramids, maybe read the best practices first

Can you merge Dart frontends with Python backends easily? Looking to replace js only with non-gutterlang.

Sure, why not.

Dart is worse than a gutterlang, it’s a proprietary lang

Brainlet here. How can a lang be proprietary?

Our company uses it to deliver to millions of customers and never had problems with it. You must be using it wrong.

There's nothing proprietary about Dart.

I'd really like to know this as well

How to best run flutter and dart on aws?

Is flutter really the future of mobile dev? how could it get easier then hot reload?

I'll stay with typescript and react thnx.

Google runs the show, just like with Go.
Doesn’t matter if it’s “open source”, Google is the one calling the shots and the language exists for their purposes and not yours.

You don't understand what the words "open source" and "proprietary" mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzNd3yyLcaU

Open source has nothing to do with ownership or control.

>a language adding ML code completion
What kind of meme is this? Are they talking about a specific IDE, or did they literally add code completion spec to the language standard?

Never said it did. Stop putting words into people's mouths.

>puts words into other people’s mouths
>cries when the favour is returned
Google shills are awfully sensitive

Attached: 1E438D71-50F7-4FD6-971A-D045B215199D.jpg (894x705, 302K)

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 24K)

i like flutter because as a security guy I can't wait to see what kind of front/back end fuckery I can do with this shit.

"oh hi i'm a front end language which btw can call NATIVE LEVEL SUPPORT like python including import subprocess for bash in standard"

They are about to get trustbusted anyway. The benefits of a non-JS frontend outweigh the taint of Google developing it.

>Brainlet frontend dev JS shill

You're just afraid of a real developer being able to replace your cancer ecosystem of js with something that actually makes sense. JS devs are wastes of life.

Shouldn’t you be using web assembly instead of some compile-to-JS lang? Not that I care about what you webshit monkeys do.
Just don’t pretend Dart isn’t another proprietary lang. It created with the intention of replacing JS so that Google could have a monopoly over browsers and the language for programming in them. That failed spectacularly because Dart was a dumpster fire with abysmal performance for years.

Dart is wholly owned by Google.
I hope you remembered to read the code of conduct before using it too, and make sure not to violate their brand guidelines.

Attached: 83D97874-2212-4AFB-933D-5F4F792C9D57.jpg (750x1087, 273K)

Dart is the easiest most braindead fucking language to learn, if you've ever used javascript and are familiar with the concept of a "class" you pretty much already know it.

Hey, why don't ya try breaking those up into methods?

i actually was doing scripting in python and bash so no I hadn't

it's actually kinda still iffy to me, but I do all my work at a library and there is a tech guy who can explain things to me there

Whats the best way to learn dart?

Well, Dart is easy to learn if you have experience with other languages of its ilk, but resources for starting with it from square one are a bit sparse actually. There are a couple decent books.
You can try:
dart.dev/guides
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=5A7A41900D988B0F743DE2E90416D58A
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=3D14D1BF592A611860FEAC4188214258
But I might also recommend getting familiarized with how classes, interfaces and first class functions work using some other languages like modern Javascript and Typescript for example. I think those are probably the closest to it you'll find that have good beginner resources.
typescriptlang.org/docs/home.html
basarat.gitbooks.io/typescript/docs/getting-started.html
eloquentjavascript.net/ (a bit outdated)

That bit of code is literally just specifying a GUI layout and basically acting as markup language. Nothing wrong with that.

WebAssembly can't access the DOM, which kneecapped it right out of the gate. Believe me, I WISH we were all writing everything to target wasm right now.

fuck yeah dude, I've got to do some serious work and I wanted a good written guideline, a lot of these videos just kinda suck for some reason. I can't get into them the same way I do text

If you want to give the middle finger to everyone on here working in the industry, just be good at base javascript.

The newbies I work with can only work within their frameworks and if they see you blazing away in pure Javascript their heads will explode lol

will learning JavaScript help me with dart?

Will learning it let me control more low level things?

What base language should I try to learn?

You do realize that real programmers are laughing at you, right?

>muh real programmers

shut the fuck up code monkey

music isn't as good as it once was. social networks have had a net negative effect on the human condition. AND THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON TO MAKE NEW LANGUAGES WHEN EXISTING LANGUAGES PERFORM THE HYPOTHETICAL FUNCTIONS OF NEW ONES PERFECTLY ADEQUATELY

you're right user

that's why to program I have to move physical modules the size of skateboards around in my server room and I have roughly one one millionth the power of a Obama cellphone, but let me tell you, it's better to code the old school way am I right?

oops, gotta go solder another vacume tube because capacitors are for cunts. real men use logic formula to compute functions in their mind to the ethersphere

t.seething fad chaser

If we wanna talk about what constitutes a "real" programmer, than I've got something to say that you probably don't want to hear.

Attached: 1568156173316.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Yeah, it should help you build a solid foundation if you learn how to use the ES6 features like classes and modules and such. None of these languages are what I'd call "low-level", though.

Well tbch JavaScript was on the menu eventually, o yeah

any advice for js and dart? I'm the only mobile guy as long as I finish enough work to keep up with the html guy and prove that flutter will be a cross platform push

How hard is it to get dart working with python?

PS just bought 16 gigs of ram and installed. what do with 16 gig ram in a thinkpad?