Why the FUCK do people buy these things?

Why the FUCK do people buy these things?
>Ah yes, a chair optimised for low weight that can keep me seated when experiencing high lateral g forces colour matched to the exterior of a racing car, that's exactly what I need for sitting at my computer

Attached: gaming_chair.jpg (458x741, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wheelchairs.com/bigbounderpage.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck you I like it

HEY it's ergonomic

dont own one but I sat in one before
they are fucking COMFY, would recommend if you spend long hours on your ass

some peoples' mushy, worm-ridden brains compel them to pretend to purchase specific thinkpad models; some are compelled to purchase racecar Gamin' Chairz. in conclusion, autism is a vast, beautiful spectrum of brain problems

I'm sure when that when they were designing racing seats the main priority was not "dude let's make sure the driver maintains perfect posture throughout the race"

because people are sheep, there are way better chairs than these cheapo looking gaming chairs

>take a racing seat
>put it on wheels
>call it a gaming chair
that'll be $999, or if you want we have this one with LEDs on it, that will be $1499

RGB lights and a sixpack of redbulls, that'll be $1999

but can you do this?

Attached: why.jpg (600x546, 26K)

>comes with 5 loot crates for Call of Duty® Black Ops 4™

I can do this (flips you off, riding a bike nohanded)

That's not the same as a racing car seat, it just look the part. Besides, the logic is straight forward: if drivers have been sitting for endless since the 1940's, it's because their design must be good. Office workers were only meant to work 9-5 and take frequent brakes, drivers have usually stay put more hours. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

because they have taste of 12 years old kids
>but it's comfy
there are many chairs with better ergonomy + they don't look like an autism throne

>I noticed you are a successful youtuber, how about we give you one of our shit chairs for free, and you will shill them to your 12 year old audience?
I wish I was making this up, but that's how it is.

that based bait tho'

They're cheap and sturdier than 99% of chairs.

maybe you're too fat and gross for 99% of chairs and so the chairs fall apart when you heave your corpulent bulk into them

i drive while playing my computer games

i'm driving + playing online poker right now lol

which chair do you recommend?

I bought one for $60 new from a flash sale, other than the left arm falling off from a shit screw that wore down and the fake leather falling apart, it was fucking worth. gomfy too

something like this

Attached: 616910_FotoGross_616910__1.jpg (500x500, 14K)

or even better: Genidia Pro

i want to buy a "real" chair like the aeron meme but there are no showrooms around

i have thats exact chair OP, it is comfy as fuck thats why i bought it

Office chairs and gaming chairs are for different postures. Get over yourselves

No aesthetics
You can't flex

>how make playing video games look even lamer

You don't realize it, but it's stuff like the race chairs and Ninja that make gaming cool

> no padded armrests

This makes it instantly shit tier.

I bought a new chair two weeks ago and also tried out some gaming chairs out of pure interest to see what the buzz is all about. They don't seem to be that special, so it's all marketing ploy.

Some people will buy anything with "Gaming" in the title or description.
They hope it will improve their scores; it won't.
I swear I saw Gaming Screen Wipes in the local Dollar Shop.

this is bait on multiple levels and you don't even realise it

low end gaming chairs are cheap considering the features they provide

These are shit compared to actual car seats.
Simple office chairs are the best.

I like to lean back and kick my feet up while I watch media and play games at my computer. Sorry you're incapable of understanding this concept.

A Prius car seat is technically an "actual car seat" too, but it sucks ass compared to the chair OP posted.

I'm 240lbs @ 6'5" and got sick of EVERY SINGLE good chair capping out at like "250lbs weight limit" but creaking like a dying animal its entire life. I ordered pic related from BTOD. It's a 9-11 Dispatcher chair with 450lbs weight limit. I chose not to install the arms. It's fantastic. Seriously if you're after a comfy chair with ergonomics in mind, look for 9-11 dispatcher or "flight manager" chairs.

Office chairs rate their comfort and life span on 40 hour work weeks where as dispatcher chairs are build for 24/7 of abuse from fat fucks. Best $330 I spent.

Attached: FLASH_FURNITURE_GO-2078-LEA-GG_INSET5.jpg (1200x1200, 186K)

It actually is a major priority with REAL racing seats, since they're designed to keep the driver operating at peak performance through hours of driving in an endurance race or whatever, and comfort is a big factor there. Gaming chairs aren't based on real racing seats, though, they're at best copies of Sparco or Recaro "sport" seats and at worst are absolute garbage that just looks vaguely like a car seat.

They do have a major upside, though, which is that for the money they're highly adjustable and configurable. Most traditional sub-$500 office chairs are fixed in a position that's either too upright or too reclined, and few have armrests that can be adjusted to desk height for ergonomic mouse and keyboard use.

it really dowsn't

Lose weight you fat fuck

I'm 240 at 6'5" and I lift a lot bitchboi. I'll plug your boy hole faggot.

Calm down tubby, go calculate your BMI and then come back here and tell me you're not a fat fuck

I'll have you know that you've officially hurt my feelings and that I will report you to the proper authorities. Jow Forums is not a place for bigotry.

Good call, hopefully they'll send a policeman to chase me down, I'd be worried about you having a heart attack or something if you tried to do it yourself.

shut the fuck up faggots, recommend me a chair for 24/7 sittan that won't cost more than a herman miller

Don't forget the hilarious little armlets they bolted on.

They're good chairs but only if you're over 130 IQ, otherwise don't bother

Any decent racing seat costs more than that though

>>Ah yes, a chair optimised for low weight that can keep me seated when experiencing high lateral g forces colour matched to the exterior of a racing car, that's exactly what I need for sitting at my computer
yes, that right

I don't know. I bought a regular $200 leather office chair a couple years before these were a thing.
The only thing I wish my chair had is a lumbar support thing, but I could always add one in, I suppose

it looks like a fucking ferrari, like it will zoom away at any moment

I'm also a big guy(tm) who suffers with chairs.
I bought a thunder bc7 and it does the job right

Fatty.

They sell them cheaper at office depot

yes, that's what your mom said about my cock before it filled her mouth.
That whore

a herman miller

i can confirm steelcase is worth it - ends up being not that expensive in the long run because cheaper chairs wear out and need to be replaced. Protecting your back posture is worth it.

these things run for >1k each wtf

For time immemorial, humanity has asked itself: What does it truly mean to be free?
Many people and cultures throughout the ages have tried to answer this question with varying degrees of success - but at some point in the 21st Century the American people finally found out the answer that humanity itself had been searching for so long.

Then The United States gifted us with the Big Bounder Bariatric Sports Wheelchair.

wheelchairs.com/bigbounderpage.htm

This is not just Freedom, this is Peak Freedom. This is living life on the edge and to the fullest without need for such frivolous things as necks or the ability to stand. This is 62" of padded seating for your burgeoning ass, this is comfort, speed and support for when you reach the All American Milestone of 1000 pounds.

With respirator shelves and O2 bottle holders you'll never be short of breath as you scoot-scoot around the aisles of Walmart or at your local cruising spot.

Even the bags of snacks on the top shelves are no match for this incredible machine - it can be installed with a 13" seat elevator and lights so you can always spot the hamburgers in the dark.

Soon, I will be casting off the shackles of "recommended daily calorie intake" and self respect to join the ranks of my American brothers and sisters - who have bravely made the step into the realm of Peak Freedom. I can only imagine what it feels like but I hope that the rest of humanity will join them in their glorious future.

Attached: bigbounderwheelchair.jpg (600x600, 58K)

>fat fuck

He's 6'5" lmao this is obvious b8. You'd look like fucking Shaggy Doo if you were anywhere under ~220lbs at 6'5" you manlet.

Honestly, I have one of these at home, and a Herman Miller Embody at work, and the racing chair is more comfortable.

a weapon to surpass metal gear

Attached: yellowseatelevatorup.jpg (600x600, 47K)

Attached: 1458593551715.webm (500x281, 2.77M)

>no toilet
>no mini fridge
>no hot plate
DROPPED

any good office chair that reclines and isn't a dxdogshit?

They're not

gotta go fast

Word of mouth is everything in the chair game. Streamers use them because they receive sponsorship deals and they're better than the ikea garbage they already had. Streamer endorses and people buy up.
They are not shaped like racing chairs, they are not low weight, stop trying to justify being over 120kg. Or even 100kg.

You only get to know a chair after sitting in it for a long time. I bought one that's certified for long term use (and true to that rating it has not degraded after 5 years), but it's still got stupid flaws like broadhead leavers that catch cables and don't let go and plastic clamping on metal to secure height adjustments (which is super common and always ineffective even when new).

Something 'ergonomic' as in good for your back instead of 'ergonomic' as in intended to be used by a human would be good to.

Where the serious engineers designing chairs? You'd need durability certifications, a chiropractors nod for the shape, a review system for future editions that address complaints, etc. It doesn't sound hard or even expensive.

>It actually is a major priority with REAL racing seats, since they're designed to keep the driver operating at peak performance through hours of driving
No. You're thinking of a truck/van/taxi seat. Racing seats are designed to keep the driver centred despite massive G's. Everything is about race performance, not longevity. They will happily throw out seats between their one hour racing sessions.

This is why capitalism isn't a toy for children. Idiots willing to spend money on these have helped create the discomfort gap in chairs where you have chairs that are not comfy under $100, chairs like this in the near-to-over $1000 range, and few things in the middle worth noting. It's a fucking chair. It shouldn't be that hard to make a comfy one.

6' 5", 170 lbs, BMI:20 pic related

Attached: 605-173_Brock_L1.jpg (400x600, 34K)

>it's for the person that can't ever leave their screen
Sounds kinda scary

This is the same meme people spread about $500 shoes.
>It's actually cost effective if you buy expensive because it lasts longer
>if you take care of (read: don't wear) them
>and pay for expensive repairs

There are plenty of $150 chairs that are durable.

I got one of these and it was good for about 2 years but now the seat is shit and fucks up my lower back

I wanted an ergonomic one with adjustable shit and the cougar armour was the cheapest one, as for the people who like the design, mostly kids

Are those fucking seatbelts?

It's straps to hold the lumbar pillow in place.

I’d recommend a Serta chair. I got mine at Office Depot for around 280. Has a 400lb weight limit and is damn comfy. I used to be a fat fuck, so I was afraid of the actuator going out on me. I weigh 60 lbs less now and it’s still great.

THREE NINETY NINE!

Attached: IMG-20190810-WA0002.jpg (1024x973, 49K)

people buy sstupid things because they are hollow and they are trying to fill a void

The only reason I bought one was because the back adjusts all the way to 180° (starting point would be 90°) and my Ikea Markus didn't have that. There are times where I want to lean far back and only gaming chairs seem to have that feature for around 200 euro. My chair even feels a bit small like those sidewings should be farther apart but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

any specific one?

Most cost between $150-$300 which is about the price of any good computer chair

race car beds -> race car chairs

why are you upset over a chair?

it's not ergonomic at all you fucking retard. pic related is an actual ortopedic chair designed for hours of sitting

Attached: 8BAFE256-B20E-47FA-B291-51FDF7D8D98F.jpg (618x1000, 187K)

they're cheap enough for the flashing lights on computer accessories crowd

>5 legs
Every chair I see with them angers me.