My friends

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/weakness-in-intel-chips-lets-researchers-steal-encrypted-ssh-keystrokes/

Attached: lol.png (804x818, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor
youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk&t=340
reddit.com/comments/d2d8kv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1565228066778.png (992x1043, 614K)

based intcels

it's a coincidence, goy

Attached: 1543411377798.jpg (560x407, 34K)

great so how much slower is my pc now

FUD

If this happens to Intel imagine how bad AMD is

LMAO

>People should also be aware that disabling DDIO comes at a significant performance cost. So far as the researchers know, chips from AMD and other manufacturers aren't vulnerable because they don't store networking data on shared CPU caches.

>Their research is prompting an advisory for Intel that effectively recommends turning off either DDIO or RDMA in untrusted networks. The researchers say future attacks may be able to steal other types of data, possibly even when RDMA isn't enabled.

lol

this needs to be updated?

Attached: intelSpect.png (1414x657, 543K)

why does this keep happening to intel

hello sir please swiftly delete this image it is my authentic request to you ok thank you very much please sir

>DDIO enabled since 2012
>I5 2500
>Launch Date Q1'11
>mfw

That being said I've built ryzen systems for my friends and I will probably be upgrading to a r5 3600/r7 3700x because this shit is unacceptable.

Attached: 1567637785992.jpg (499x568, 125K)

hello please sir it is me again yes hello sir I must ask you to delete your post sir very much thank you please

DDIO is only enabled on Xeons anyway. This particular bug has no effect on desktop users, unless you happen to be running a Xeon.

please delete this my fellow unpaid anonymous poster

oh thank god, intel is based after all

it's also rdma though......................

amd mitigated all these recent performance impacting security fixes because they didn't take shortcuts to make benchmarks look better in the first place

delete this

kek

>How could this effect me?
Is your service hosted in the cloud? Do you trust that no one at Amazon will try to steal your credentials and gain root on your box granting them full access to everything? You have to wonder if Intel didn't include this by design for 3 letter access.

>CPU refresh isn't even out yet and it already has known hardware exploits available for it
HAHAHAHAHA
buy that 9900KyS goy!

is intel dying

Backdooring the CPU is part of the business model. Huge amounts of their funding are from the NSA. They literally wouldn't be Intel if they didn't do this.

Is it immoral to sell my used 8700k build on craigslist so I can go Ryzen?

If anyone is familiar with the architecture it's AMD. At this point I'm suspicious that they knew all along and have been biding their time letting Intel pile on the vulnerabilities while avoiding implementing them in their own chips, until the time was right and they started to tip off researchers.

absolutely based

>letting some poor idiot buy a shitty hardware part from you
>immoral
kinda. those cpus deserve the hit of a hammer if you are going to ditch one.

AMD are just as backdoored bro. There isn't a secure CPU chip built since 2000.

>AMD are just as backdoored bro
Feel free to prove it then, Shlomo. Are your bosses still working on putting together another literal FUD AMD "vulnerabilities" site?

Just trust me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor

Imagine if that was not the case, that would mean intel is actually an incompetent trashfire.
more employees larger revenues larger profits and still they cant even compete with AMD even if we ignore the vulnerabilities.
honestly I think your theory is the only way for intel to cope with this.

>In March 2018, a handful of alleged serious flaws were announced in AMD's Zen architecture CPUs (EPYC, Ryzen, Ryzen Pro, and Ryzen Mobile) by an Israeli IT security company
>Israeli
>the high risks claimed by CTS Labs where often dismissed by said independent experts

Attached: sweaty merchant.jpg (183x232, 12K)

stop hitting yourself

Stallman himself: youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk&t=340

AMD fixed them. Intel features them.

Furthermore, that article says that independent security experts said these exploits were not as sensational as made out to be by intcel FUD, which is all intcels have left in the Zen era where AMD provides twice the computing power at the same price and with drastically better security.

AMD built on stone. Intel built on mud.

>Intel built on mud.

but the talmud told me that jerusalem was built on the rock

You're not trying to say that the jew would lie, are you?

Attached: jer01nov14BAZ.jpg (1500x1054, 122K)

>hid them deeper

What are you some poor goy who can’t afford our premier gaming hardware? If you don’t buy Intel you have less human dignity and are lower class. Never forget. You need us! We are supreme!

Why can't Intel stop being pozzed shit?

This is the first time I heard Stallman talk. I didn't expect his voice to sound like that at all, I thought it was dubbed over at first.

That’s what happens with a monopoly, no motivation to make better chips

lying would imply that they are purposefully giving you an incorrect or answer, and the unfortunate reality of the talmud and basically the entire framework of lurainic kabbalah is that there is no fundamental meaning or interpretation of the text. its all in fucking code, or in an allegory, or in some other alternative framework from your original line of questioning. they are not giving you an incorrect answer, they are giving you a non-pertinent but technically correct answer.

there is no lies, there is only the eternal jew. trying to come to spiritual terms with judaism is fucking awful and unless you join some dumbass cult then just read goetia or some shit because at least goatia has a more tangible spiritual link to jewish hjistory than chabad. no wonder my ancestors ditched that shit when baal shem tov showed up

tortoise and the hare.

Who is the hare? AMD?

>arstechnica

Yes but intel is excellent at running real world in demand software like Winrar and lightening speeds. I love it so much I have two licenses for winrar unlike you filthy goy.

You guys do have a winrar license right? if just not you better get on that.

convert to orthodox christianity.

Intel from 2000-2017 was the hare mocking the tortoise. Now they have woken up and cannot possibly win the race.

It doesn’t really matter, no one is going to switch to AMD just because of this

The goose IS LOOSE

>intcels forgetting about the 2x perfomance advantage so soon

WTF is wrong with Intel

Why this is happening!?
I thought we have this under control, bros!

Attached: 1514819564241.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

But I don't want AMD to kill Intel. It would be just another monopoly. I want the market share to be 50-50.

AMD has a good culture compared to Intel. Any company that targets affordability is bound to be less cancerous than companies that behave like Apple. But yes I don’t want Intel to go away, just be massively humbled and lose their dominant marketshare.

AMD is a for-profit corporation and is subject to shareholders decisions as well. It’s not like they care about us or anything, they will just act like it until Intel falls apart.

Corporate culture matters. If Intel goes away AMDs culture is more likely to change for the worse, but I think even if Intel collapses AMD will behave reasonably over the medium term because of the culture theyve developed as an underdog serving budget consumers for so long.

AMD isn't killing Intel. Intel is killing Intel.

>Storing networking data in the CPU cache lines

AMD is assfucking Intel while Intel deepthroats a dildo

how do i delete other people's posts?

>how to delid intel fanboys in one shot

Daily reminder that ANY website, reviewer and computer youtuber who recommends Intel Processors after Intel's 32+ HARDWARE SECURITY VULNERABILITIES should be charged for HIGH TREASON in their respective country.

Why? Because they are actively advocating for weakened security of the country's citizens and corporations.

HANG ALL TRAITORS NOW!

This. Gamer Nexus and Hardware Canucks will continue to use and recommend Intel processors. (hint: none of them have full disk encryption on their work and personal machines btw which just shows that they don't care about security of their own data and their employees' data).

Charge them with treason and engage capital punishment and/or life sentence in their respective countries.

Don't worry, the bribed retail cucks are hard at work all around the world defending Intel.

>go to scandinavia's biggest electronics store (Elgiganten)
>see one (1) laptop with AMD Ryzen on display
>ask fat employee who works in the computer section if they have any AMD Ryzen laptops
>he's silent for about 5 seconds and then says no

You fucking know he went and bought a coffee with his bribery gift card at lunch later that day.

A-all CPUs a-are equally vulnerable!

Attached: Absolutely savage.jpg (2220x1080, 508K)

Wrong, the researcher's attack needs both to be active, RDMA isn't the problem, but it is prerequisite for their particular attack.

Also what data can actually be accessed here? In the example provided by the researchers, their example hack was literally just "the user typed a key", from this claim they are saying they can figure out your password based on the timing of your keystrokes because they don't know what keys you actually pressed. A password like x87sdf8pa isn't actually guessable by this system.

Intel is a billion dollar corporation, it would take some “David vs Goliath” type crap to launch a successful competitor

no way lol

No CPU can be absolutely secure!

[spoiler]Testing may not reflect all public available mitigations and patches[/spoiler] For more information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks

have you heard of Advanced Micro Devices?

WRONG GRAPH, GOYIM!
DELETE IMMEDIATELY!

Attached: 1538213146606.png (2000x1543, 58K)

You need to re-run your benchmark. Intel's up to what, 34 now? AMD eternally BTFO on quantity of vulns.

sir kindly delete this please.

-lisa

No just the 40+ other reasons.

Attached: intel vs amd sales chart 2018q2-2019q2.png (1800x850, 212K)

If you delete this post sir, my company is willing to give you a 20$ gift card to Best Buy.

id rather buy intel even if the performance got reduce down to p4 levels that ever touch garbage amd hardware with their garbage drivers.
>hurr werks for me
gas yourself for thinking an exception is a rule let alone you are a fucking liar. you know its buggy as shit but you live with it like its normal. amd is pure fucking trash. will always be trash. and anyone who buys amd is fucking trash as well. you are the reason why we can't have anything nice. i can't fucking stand how horrible the amd community is. amd literatly shits out shit with fake gold and you guys act like its the next best thing since slice breed. i always thought apple fags were the worst until i fucking met amd users. your community is a fucking disease. you made me a intel fan and i can't stand being a fan of anything.

$0.02 has been deposited in your account.

Attached: you amd.png (480x358, 152K)

based retard

Attached: 1557875538362.jpg (2000x1543, 216K)

I love it when decadence is punished and virtue rewarded. AMD vs Intel is a feelgood story.

fpbp
i kek'd

what the fuck? this is beyond satire at this point

I mean all the intel executives are fucking loaded, not like they care much

Become a gnostic

KEK

love it

It's always been known. People thought it couldn't be implemented though

a back door for one is a back door for all

haven't seen this classic in years, thanks user

We did it reddit! Front page of 4channel!
reddit.com/comments/d2d8kv

(higher is better)

Attached: gb2rdit.png (166x215, 24K)

Just to be sure I'm understanding this.
If you have a computer running some software, a program can access the CPU's cache to steal, sorry pirate a copy of a different program's data?

People think this is a hardware bug? Rather than just something that happens with a computer... accessing the CPU cache?