Need a good printer, don't give a fuck about scanning, copying, or faxing...

Need a good printer, don't give a fuck about scanning, copying, or faxing. Are there any home printers out there that won't give me bullshit like pic related?

Attached: 5639a76~3.jpg (2981x2962, 686K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_ink_system
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just print it at work, who the fuck buys a printer these days?

no. the entire industry is conspiring against you because no one uses printers at home anymore.
buy a standalone black and white laser printer.

I'm a janitor, not allowed to use the printers, they log everything that gets printed, who and when it was printed.

Never has a printer like in the comic...

I'll probably do that, I pretty much only need black and white 99% of the time anyway.

>I'm a janitor, not allowed to use the printers
Just ask someone if they can print something for you, jesus christ this isn't communist Soviet.

>buy a standalone black and white laser printer.
came here to post this. if you just want to print documents, laser is the way to go.
only go for ink if you want to print photos or something.

Public school, the printers are in the library and only accessible through the school's network.

>Low on cyan
Just choose grayscale.

It's like 5c a page at an office supply store.
t. guy doesn't have 10c for his mass murder manifesto.

Unless you're looking to print out erotic novellas, I don't see how you're not allowed to just ask the librarian or some teacher to print something out for you.

in my experience laser is better since it doesn't dry out when you don't print a lot
you do have to buy 2 replaceables though (toner and rolls)
single color will be cheaper and smaller, so only get color if you really have to.

there are 2 main characteristics in a laser printer: resolution and printing speed.
for resolution your best bet is to go to some store and ask to get shown different prints and pick the one which you can still tolerate (if you don't print charts or graphs you can go pretty low, but it's hella subjective)
as for speed, you will always have an initial warmup time, but after that it can print pretty fast. how fast you need it to be depens on whether you just want to print a couple pages or entire manuscripts, so again up to you.

lastly, if you need it to be linux compatible, go to the cups website and search for models that are known to work.
the selection is quite limited, so if this is a requirement, do this first, then pick a model that fits your needs.

Attached: 1553396880882.jpg (2025x2025, 547K)

kaczynski's manifesto was at LEAST the size of an actual book

>actual book
Isn't it like 35,000 words? That's like a 20 page essay at best.

I just print at the office supply store

my mom's printer will not print anything at all if any of the colors are empty or missing.

If you absolutely want to avoid any "bullshit", you can get some business-class dot matrix printers fairly cheap, and the newer ones have USB, of course. Depends how much you want to print as well, too, since they're slow and loud as hell (and black/white). If you're fine with some bullshit, grayscale laser would be my next suggestion. I believe the somewhat older laser printers will be able to easily use Chinese replacement toner/rollers as well.

Print at College/Work
Print at Staples/Office Depot
Print at FedEx Print
Or do what I do since I only print a couple times per year at home and buy a $15-$20 printer from Walmart every year on black friday with ink pre-installed because it's cheaper than buying replacement ink

Home Depot or Office Max
it's a few cents a sheet

Even if you try to print books, it'll still be way cheaper than having to replace ink and paper on your own.

If you know your way around, you might be able to finesse, maybe find a motel/hotel that has an office space, just walk in like you run the place

Have you ever been to a public school? Those assholes would never let us, the students, print shit (and always make a big scene if we did), you really think they'd let the janitor print things?

>us, the students
Did you just out yourself as being underage? Get lost, lol.

Just get a cheap laser printer. Print tons of text and shit never have any problems.

The students are allowed to print but not the janitors

Did you just out yourself, for being illiterate?

I bought the cheapest printer available and it's fine. Refilled the black cartridge recently and it works fine. It's a Canon MG2550S

1) That's not what you said.
2) I already said fucking ask another employee.

They need color to print tracking data. So if you blackmail/threaten somebody with printed paper, they will know who printed it

Attached: tracking.png (590x345, 405K)

Is this shit real?

Consider the following:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_ink_system

Attached: ink.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

Yes, it was originally made to find counterfeit bills.

Attached: track.png (512x384, 113K)

I used to be a staples salesman, heres my opinions:

- Don't buy cheap ink cartridges printers, they arent worth anything if you print in a regular basis. Unless you need to print in A3 and need to work at home, but even those get really expensive with Ink cartridges.

- If you want to print a lot with colors and dont care about quality, check out Epson Ecotank or HP Smartank, Epson has more variaty

- If you want to print casually in black, its far better to buy a laser printer, the most basic ones have toners that can print on average 1k prints or more, Toners are made with powder so they dont dry up. I recommend the ones from HP, Their Toners dont need a drummer compared to Brother for example

Attached: 1467071186336.png (957x751, 28K)

>this

Apparently the school has some kind of paper shortage or something... Don't see how though, considering the 1,200,000 sheets of paper sitting in the storage room.

Pick up an old HP laserjet, like a 6P or something and throw together a 32 bit windows print server out of an old thinkpad T23 or similar with parallel port built in.

Or get thermal paper and get a brother pocketjet thermal printer. These fucking things are amazing. Extremely durable and just last at my work. zero issues with the 15 in deployment and thousands of sheets of paper each.

>Are there any home printers out there that won't give me bullshit like pic related?
They are programmed that way specifically to fuck you out of money buying ink. No joke.

Get a Brother laser printer

are you still forced to install a shitty photo manipulation program just to use your fucking printer these days?
Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1555692631595.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Meanwhile, a cheap black Brother is like $75 now.

BROTHER MONO LASER
BROTHER MONO LASER
BROTHER MONO LASER

if you must be contrarian, then get another jap mono laser
like a Canon or Epson or Kyocera

whatever you do stay away from (((American))) shit like HP, Dell, Lexmark, Xerox
They are the worst

>they will know who printed it
Even if the printer is pulled from a school trash bin and is 15 years old but still works? I can image new shit someone bought with their debit card and keeping it online to do updates all day long might have a problem with that.

i recently got a monochrome laser printer. prints text excellently. it's a brother brand printer i got from staples.

i thought they outlawed that.

Brother Laser

Current staples salesman, don't sleep on brothers inkvestment

No just download the bare driver

>I recommend the ones from HP, Their Toners dont need a drummer compared to Brother for example
yes you do, but in the Brother it is a replaceable unit. When the HP drum fails you buy a new one.

I just got a canon 6230. Monochrome laserjet, toner doesn't dry out and clog printheads like inkjets do. The toner for the canon 6230 is just one piece, unlike Brother printers which make the toner and drum two different consumables. a 3rd party toner for this printer costs 12 bucks and prints out like 1000 pages.

the alternative might be a cheap inkjet and refilling the ink cartridges with a syringe with 3rd party ink, but I don't know how reliable that is

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-10 Amazon com Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Laser Printer Gateway.png (1408x483, 148K)

Put in the money and get a black and white laser printer. Ink and toner only need changing every few years if you're a regular home user

Nah you've just gotta pretend you're adopting them now days.

make one yourself, fuck the snfs that provide printing/ink.

this, they're under a hundred dollars now.

Attached: 1545907885993.png (584x467, 164K)

Disable cartridge diagnostics/counting or w/e it's called and get a CISS.

I use HP because majority of them just work via USB/Ethernet on Lugnutx without proprietary software.
You will lose ability to tell the % of the cartridge but most CISS systems are seethru so you can clearly see the levels.
I only fill them up every 3 weeks and I print every day.

Forget to say to enable true blackmode.

If it says "grayscale" that means it will use other colors to lighten and darken the blacks.
Make sure it says "black and white"

All black and white text needs to go through a laser, finger smudger.

Huh, I get it. His printer is low on cyan because his comics use mainly cyan backgrounds and he prints a lot of them.

I don't get it, is the white ink cheaper than others?

I had this on an Epson T33, still working after 10 years i think, the only care you mus have is:
-when pressing the reset button of the catridges don't touch the solder side with fingers, use a thic piece of cardboard to help you with that. I did once and the chip that reset the catridges page counter is hypersensitive to static and it died. Bought new one and never happened again.

-Print something in color at least once a week to keep catridges ink output clean. Just a full color piece of shit or color test page. If not, the color ink outputs gets dry and its a fucking pain in the ass clean them.

Shits, that's the same I have.
Been going on for years.

That is a very cute printer.

Attached: Cute printer exploitable.png (1141x989, 247K)

Why the fuck hasn't there been a crowdfunded "good printer" yet?
I mean we get crap like juicero but no one wants to solve an actual issue?

Either a small laser printer or an epson ecotank are probably your best options.

Absolutely. Try opening a high res picture of a Euro in Photoshop to see it in action.

I want to _____ the printer

I'm sure there must be better ways to get a tattoo on your dick.

Attached: Error, paper jam.png (1141x989, 257K)