Most rage-inducing technology posts

Post the absolute regards than make you seethe with how little regard they have for technology. I will start this thread with two upsetting reddit posts:
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5qewph/refurbished_and_old_xbox_development_kit_and_made/
>OP finds rare Xbox dev kit with original HDD and hardware
>less than 50 in existence
>wiped the harddrive which had code for creating an emulator
>built a gaming PC that is underpowered and a waste
>"I had no intention of selling it for thousands of dollars so I deleted everything"

Attached: 1568157661694.jpg (2448x3264, 2.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1mcq42/godspeed_you_black_emperor_question/
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1mcq42/godspeed_you_black_emperor_question/
>OP finds extremely rare album of GYBE
>Only 33 in existence
>posters "harrass" him and scare him off by asking him to rip the cassette and upload the FLAC
>proceeds to delete his account
Excerpt follows:
>I've spoken to a friend who I trust and he's agreed to sell the cassette on ebay for me. Before It comes to that though, I've also emailed Constellation records and explained how I came into possession of the cassette. I've also explained that there is a rabid fanbase that would like nothing more than for me to post my rip of the cassette. I've asked them for permission to do so. I will not auction off the tape or post a rip of it until I hear from them one way or another. Perhaps I should have just posted the thing for sale but I want to do right by my family, the band, and for some reason...you guys too. I don't imagine I will get a response from them on the weekend but I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. When I do, you guys will too.

Attached: GxZnQgV_d.jpg (640x360, 22K)

this one never even made sense. You think Microsoft wouldn't come and rip the creators of such an emulator a new asshole if it hit the market?
>not wanting to be potentially sued for promoting the pirating of a dead album
Yea nah.

>You think Microsoft wouldn't come and rip the creators of such an emulator a new asshole if it hit the market?
This. There's a reason why the WINE devs never used the leaked Windows source code. Reddit haters show their inner retard once again.

it's a fucking hoax
and it's a band tha nobody cares

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded

How could Microsoft rip the asshole of an emulator a new asshole when there are dozens of other FOSS emulators that are okay? What is this about WINE though? I would like to read more about that.

And the album could be uploaded anonymously. There is this thing called a VPN, and sites which don't log.
How do you know it is a hoax? I like some songs from the band. It had the highest bounty on what.cd and it would've been fun to see it filled.
The data from this dev kit would've increased the progress of this emulator by orders of magnitude.

>How do you know it is a hoax?
it has everything to be fake, how can you believe that?

>Only 33 in existence
That's not THAT rare though.

I guess seeing the cassette art convinced me. I am optimistic. Wish someone would go to constellation records and break into there and rip the master.
It is pretty rare with how high the bounty was on w.cd and it being from a literally who band in 1994.

>How could Microsoft rip the asshole of an emulator a new asshole when there are dozens of other FOSS emulators that are okay? What is this about WINE though? I would like to read more about that.
Reverse-engineering without the source code is legal (Diablo was RE'd that way and there's nothing Blizzard can do as long as nobody uploads it with the game assets). Basing a program on proprietary code is illegal, and a company with as much means as MS will 100% fuck you up if they find anything that looks too close to their own code.

Just keep silent about acquiring the code and upload a commit with divine inspiration as an excuse. Hell upload it anonymously.

It's not like the emulator would actually use parts of the devkit sources. The devkit is pretty much identical to the xbox hardware but without castrations
Also the Windows NT4 source and parts of Win2k were leaked over a decade ago, some people even compiled functional isos. MS doesn't give a shit.

Explain please

His own fault for not using all possible protection

The Fuck outta here.
I've been in a similar situation and every time I see it I fucking rage so much.

NEWFAG GIT OUT

>The data from this dev kit would've increased the progress of this emulator by orders of magnitude.
No, because anything that would have helped on that XDK is not only not in the unit itself but on the CDs that go with the unit and those thin gs are already dumped and already in possession of the devs, nothing other than the XDK samples is of any use nor legally useable.
The only reason why the post is infuriating is that it's a random fag gutting a devkit to make a shitty gaymer build.

Attached: 1384129708165.jpg (1795x709, 368K)

I am such an oldfag that I have Alzheimer's and forgot that I read this one before. Thanks for the memories.
I see. Thanks for the clarification, user

>MS doesn't give a shit
IIRC they sued reactos because they claimed the devs used the leaked code and the react devs had to prove they had never seen it. I might be mixing it up with WINE, though?

>I might be mixing it up with WINE, though?
I don't understand this question. What's a valid response? Yes, you could be mixing it up with WINE?

Why does the wine team have to be such faggots though? I am flabbergasted that a Russian hacker wouldn't fork wine himself and add all the tricks he learnt from the win code leak.

Xbox One X is more powerful than any modern PC, and is much much cheaper.
So cheap, I could buy 50 games in its replacement.
Then the obligary "XBOX FO DA WINZ".

>>wiped the harddrive which had code for creating an emulator
You're a fucking retard, OP. Nothing on that machine would have been of any real use to the emudev community.

It had all the original Xbox components in it, connected via PCI. So wouldn't it be easier to see how the PC instructions translate to the Xbox and vice versa? Along with some source code and compiler for the games? This isn't within my realm of expertise and I apologize for my ignorance of the subject.

I don't understand the fuss over this. Xbox One isn't that special. It is a Pentium III + Geforce 2.5 PC rig.

Microsoft has the source code for everything. They are deciding to squat it until somebody is willing to pay top dollar for it.

No to all your questions.

>That post
>Rage inducing
Back to you fucking manchild

>Xbox One X is more powerful than any modern PC
idk anything about vidya but this statement seems like bullshit to me

checked

>Unreleased famicom RPG goes on sale

>A whole bunch of people set up a fundraiser to buy and dump it

>Rich asshole outbids them by thousands so he could masturbate to dirty gaijins not having it.

Attached: 67sm61f9jr031.png (641x393, 60K)

This is a stupid reddit meme. "The code for creating an emulator" my ass. There was nothing useful on that thing.

kek

It runs on an APU so definitely false
Console plebs have integrated graphics

How about a Halo alpha or a game that was never released? Even if it couldn't be used for emulators there could have been irreplaceable treasure on that thing.

With MS policies for OG XBOX devkits it's highly doubtful there was anything of that nature on there.
I'm pretty sure most proto / beta come from loose burnt test discs and inside debug units not full tower XDK.

Maybe you're right but we'll never know for sure and that's what's so rage inducing.

it was probably nothing, stupid.
go back to /v/ with your outrage bullshit

I don't even give a shit about the /v/ butthurt over this thing since there was probably nothing actually interesting on it anyway, the cringe for me was more how something at least somewhat uncommon and unique like that was basically destroyed just to shove some bland low-end i3 shitbox build into it and that ugly as fuck 5.25'' I/O panel.

It's exactly what I'd expect from the kind of shallow hipster that would unironically build a sleeper.

>whoitu piggu go home!!
lmao