Please wait for assistance

>Please wait for assistance.

Attached: selfcheck1.jpg (350x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/12/05/amazon-go-supermarket-no-checkout-no-cashiers-artificial-intelligence-sensors/94991612/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>please wait for throttle

Attached: 150209_em_driverlesscar.jpg (671x394, 63K)

>try to scan green pepper
>installs gnu/trisquel
>ricardo stallmanu pops out of the reciept slot and complains about electronic interfittance

I wonder how much money they save on labor for these things when you compare it against how much they lose in shrink from people who just steal half of the stuff they have in their cart?

>get flagged for buying caffeine pills
>obese employee eventually waddles over, visibly annoyed at the thought of having to do their job
>takes forever while people on line are getting mad
>finally clears the caffeine pills
>some other stupid shit gets flagged a minute later

Attached: 1566844184661.jpg (961x816, 239K)

>he doesn't have his groceries delivered

why do we even have checkouts in 2019?

every product should have a sensor on it. you shop and put everything in your cart, then just walk straight out the front door.

when you walk out, a sensor detects every item in your cart and charges your credit card for them.

bam, easy.

>ERROR ERROR THAT TOOTHBRUSH YOU JUST SCANNED DOESN'T WEIGHT ENOUGH TO BE DETECTED BY THE SCALE UNDER THE PLASTIC BAGS
>WE THINK YOU'RE STEALING IT PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE

i tried to buy 5 dried peppers that weigh like a gram and it was too small to ring up

Because anything worth eating is priced by weight, dumbass.

why do these machines all look like they're from the 80s. i thought self checkout was supposed to be modern

*having a Tornos CNC*
>Get a Star Micronics, nigger!

>scan my items
>smack the screen's "pay now" button and every dialogue that tries to prevent me from leaving quickly
>tap and pay with my phone
>out the door in less than 30 seconds

Do you get lifted with a crane to get outside?

My big pro tip, whenever I put something light as fuck in the bag, I push down on the bag holding arm and then let up. Somehow it reconfigures itself and accurately detects the added weight

> press pay button
> taking out and putting in card with one hand, selecting how many bags used with another

Attached: diagram-thread-process-1.png (720x354, 4K)

>selecting how many bags used
?????

>UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA
>SURPRISING ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
>PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE
>CHECKING ITEM WEIGHT
>APPROVAL NEEDED WHEN YOU PAY
>APPROVAL NEEDED: PLEASE CONTINUE
>ITEM REMOVED FROM BAGGING AREA

I either click and collect or scan as I shop now.

>REMOVE THE ITEM FROM THE BAGGING AREA
I FUCKING REMOVED IT LIKE 5 TIMES FUCK YOU. ITS ALREADY SCANNED YOU FUCK, I CAN SEE IT IN THE LIST.

Attached: 9CBF301D-91BA-445E-A614-D7F82C2ED8E6.jpg (1600x1222, 441K)

But user, you just put weight sensor!
Sensors everywhere!
One sensor inside your butt, so you know for sure if it's a shart or a fart!

>go to human cashier because I'm not very good at bagging my own items
>cashier expects me to bag my own items
when can we have robots that can bag your items for you?

>he has to pay for bags

i will never take a european seriously ever again

Attached: 1322428585394.jpg (126x126, 4K)

hmm, how about when you select your produce, you have to weigh it first which prints out a tag you slap on the baggie. this tag tells the door sensors how much the items weigh.

>gets flagged for buying caffeine pills
>doesn't get flagged for buying 20 12 packs of coca cola

What state are you in? Downstate NY makes you pay for bags now, and I hear it's coming upstate soon baka

Reading these posts, makes me think, that majority of Jow Forums has brain damage.
Only problems I have with self checkout:
- have to wait for assistance to confirm my age for monster white energy drink
- some products has shitty printed barcode
No other problem I encountered.

ITT:
~30 year olds act like pathetic and indignant ~70 year olds about excellent and well reasoned technological improvements to our lives
>I can't handle a basic computer and navigate intentional error states
>I need mommy cashier lady to come help me buy the alcohol that's so important for surviving my diabetic, neckbearded depression

addendum: i will never take a newyorker seriously again either

Oi m8 do you ave a loicense for those bags ?

Nigger I'm not a Jew Yorker. We fucking hate Cuomo

How do I pay with cash?

Only people who has and pays with cash are drug dealers and addicts.

>t. retard

maybe one cashier will be left do deal with cash-only "people"

>Shit shit shit, I knew I shouldn't have tried to scan new york steak as bananas

What the fuck you people literally call it “downstate” hahah makes sense I guess

don't forget idiot americans who have to tip to avoid their workforce starving to death and getting human feces put in their lunch

4 more years of monster energy drinks and you'll be just like them

Most Americans don't realize that servers are guaranteed the same wage everyone else is. If server wage + tips doesn't come out to at least normal minimum wage, the employer must make up the difference.

>new bags
>have to pay for them
>500% more plastic used than 'eco unfriendly' bags
how is this better? what did they mean by this?

>The law requires large shops in England to charge 5p for all single-use plastic carrier bags. Charging started on 5 October 2015.

>We want to reduce the use of single-use plastic carrier bags, and the litter they can cause, by encouraging people to reuse bags.

what a fucking scam, these bags are way worse

>put a potato in a bag
>weight it, print tag
>put five more potatoes in the bag
>pay for the price in the tag

>shrink
This guy works at a grocery store, the sad fuck

most don't realize servers make 2x+ minimum wage on tips on average, because everyone's a tard and thinks they're starving, so they over-tip to compensate.
they'll tell you their dumb sob story so you tip more.
my friend did it with no experience he was averaging $20 an hour on many nights

>buy about 3 dozen yogurts
>can't enter bulk amount
>passive aggressive karen-type comes
>"sir you'll have to break them apart and scan them one by one"
>have around $250 worth of groceries in my cart
>lol no I aint doing that, use your login and do something or else I'm going to walk out
>looks at me annoyed as fuck and proceeds to add my yogurts in bulk

Attached: 0_5WSFfTS.JPG.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg (750x303, 88K)

Uhm, no? I have job which requires higher IQ than your typical drug dealer or addict.
Yeah, tips in US are so weird. In my country tips are just tips, whatever they get per day, waitresses, usually share among each other and in some cases with kitchen too (if they have good cooks).

>Uhm, no? I have job which requires higher IQ than your typical drug dealer or addict
Sure thing, bud

Why? Does monster drink alters my brain function!?

What kind of self checkout doesnt have that? The ones in groceries around me all have a manual entry for barcode and amount of item.

There are very few jobs which requires less IQ than being drug dealer. Even statistically I have higher IQ than you.

When is the last time you left your house?

Well city niggers literally call anything north of the city Upstate. I didn't make the fucking rules

New Jersey started banning plastic bags here per county this year, was down at Cape May last month. Also was down at OBX in North Carolina where they had their ban in effect a couple years ago.
I'd assume this is more an issue near beaches.
You either bring your own bag or they put everything in very durable paper bags at $0.10 each
Hell they even replaced the plastic straws with biodegradable ones in some restaurants. It's fucking weird. Feels like you're sucking liquid out of a thin cardboard toilet paper roll.

>There are very few jobs which requires less IQ than being drug dealer
That doesn't change the fact that you're a moron though.

Says drug dealer.

But I've never been a drug dealer

A lot of people don't tip. I'm one of them. Blacks don't, Asians, don't, and I suspect Latinos don't unless they're being served by one of their own kind. The only people who tip are rich guilt-tripped whiteys.

Ah, so you're an addict then?
Checks out.

No, I'm just a normal person that uses cash. Believe it or not, many still exist

Why would you use cash? Are you illegal immigrant, working... Illegally and getting paid with cash?

Because cards are shit, I only use them for online transactions.

Not him but you're on Jow Forums
People are paranoid about banks/government and shit tracking their purchases. Why do you think cryptocurrency exists?

>Wisconsin
>"Here's a quad paper bagging for your 12-pack"
>Feel free to take 8 more for your fun size bag of peanuts and vita coco

Attached: 1340260630244.jpg (300x303, 7K)

If anons would do what Stallman says, we all would be homeless, without identity and definitely without any presence on Jow Forums. If you post on Jow Forums, you might as well use debit card.
>entering your pin once or using NFC chip for small payments
vs
>taking out your cash from wallet, counting your monies while everyone else behind you looks at you frustrated
>your pennies and quarters slips from your hands on the ground
>you try your best not to cry in front of people
Unless, you're autistic enough to precalculate how much you gonna pay before going to store and have exact amount in your pocket.
I did this when I was under 18 y/o and had no debit card

No one calls it downstate. It's either:
> I live in NYC
> I live on LI
> I live in Jersey
Upstate NY is really up. Westchester and shit isn't upstate, you need to go to the boonies north for "upstate".

>continually falling for bait
>falling for bait

>ad absurdum

I'm essentially working at your business for free every time I use these so is it too fucking much to ask for something that doesn't lag so bad and fuck up so often?

Your post is autistic.

Yeah, I did exaggerated. Just implied that you're some autistic, nervous, anti social and paranoid boy. In which case that could happen.
I don't have Asperger's tho.

>Yeah, I did exaggerated. Just implied that you're some autistic, nervous, anti social and paranoid boy.
Well that was dumb of you.

>drinks monster
>thinks others are brain damaged
thanks user, I really appreciate the laugh since I had a shitty day today

Because I don't see any good reason for someone to use cash, unless you deal with some shady stuff.
inb4
>but RMS said!
Yeah, no, you post on Jow Forums, get your head out of your ass. What's the point of half measures.

You don't need a good reason, it doesn't affect you.

>total is 10.65
>hand them a 10 and a one
>get 35 cents back
>?????

Pretty much, gotta be at least north of Albany

I read about something like this not too long ago, it would make things quicker.

if you see a tree its upstate
if you see a building its nyc
these are the rules of new york state

>it doesn't affect you.
slowing down lines with cash does affect people though

It's funny I live next to Amityville in Suffolk and can drive 5 minutes to get bags for free. Reusable bags are okay I guess, but I usually reuse the bags for garbage and start to run low every once and awhile.

If anything cards are slower than cash, there's no external approval to wait for, no Internet issues to get in the way, etc. If cash is slow it's because of the user, and that's the same type of person who stares at a card reader with clear instructions printed on screen while asking the cashier what button to hit next so don't even try telling me them switching to cards would speed things up.

Sams Club has a thing where you scan everything with your phone when you put it into your cart, and when you're done you just press "pay" on your phone and walk out.

Kinda close.

Here's the article usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/12/05/amazon-go-supermarket-no-checkout-no-cashiers-artificial-intelligence-sensors/94991612/

spotted the cannibal

>uhm... user, maybe you could give me some change instead of 1 dolla?
>*licks his lips because African American Queen were talking to him*
>s...sure...
>*starts counting his pennies and quarters and 10s to give exactly 65 cents to his black queen*
>h..here you go, m'lady...
>thanks, him, have a nice day *tries her best not to laugh*
>you run away home crying
Not so simple, huh? What about all the pennies and other coins you have everywhere...
A slow user would still be faster with card than cash. A fast user, will be even faster with card.

They also now have a thing where the tranny that checks your receipt now has to scan your receipt as well as a barcode from one or two of your items.
>it's store policy!
God I want to fuck that tranny

oh you're right, how could I have been so stupid

>search your wallet for the right bills
>give bills to cashier
>cashier counts your money to ensure you gave the right amount
>cashier opens up change drawer
>cashier searches change drawer for right bills
>cashier gives you bills
>count money to make sure cashier gave the right amount back
>put money back in wallet
>leave

that was totally faster and will have fewer errors than

>take card out
>swipe card
>put card back
>leave

>search your wallet for the right bills
No searching necessary, my wallet's organized.
>cashier searches change drawer for right bills
Drawers are organized too, no searching necessary.

>"Yes, go- I mean guy. Pay with your credit card. Nothing can go wrong. Your money is safe with us."
I'm onto you.

What is this turbo autism

You forgot:
>cashier checks every bill to make sure it's not fake
>cashier is out of change, so she asks other cashier if she can change some bills for her
Or
>cashier drops your quarters on the ground because *clumsy me*

On the other hand:
>swipe
Uh oh...
*debit card
Even in bankruptcy of bank you still get back your money. Happened once where I am from.
I don't have Asperger's.

oh of course, so you can blindly pull bills without thinking about where they're stored?

next you're going to tell me you can pull out the right amount without having to count the bills

No, I don't have to search for the right bill because my bills are organized by value

or

>you give the wrong amount of money and now everyone has to wait while you try to find another $10
>cashier gave the wrong amount of money so now everyone has to wait while they give you more money
>you miscount the amount the cashier gives back and now everyone has to wait while you two argue
>the cashier miscounts the amount you give them and now everyone has to wait while you argue

I was describing the absolute best case scenario for cash

searching an ordered list is still searching, brainlet.

>searching an ordered list is still searching
Fine. Cash is still king, dipshit. The one universally accepted offline payment method.

Well for every day transactions. My friend tried to buy a house with cash and the bank wouldn't let him

>Uniornically try out Walmart Pay
>Scan QR Code at start
>Scan Items
>Press finish
>Just leave, doesn't even ask if you want to print a receipt
why can't it be this easy
I mean yeah I have walmart spyware on myphone now and they have one of my debit cards on file but still in general

>I don't have Asperger's tho.
Are you sure?

so your only complaint about my post was frivolous? you admit cards are faster than cash will ever be?

I wouldn't consider cash "king" in that case

>The one universally accepted offline payment method.
>offline
so cash is better in one situation that most people will never encounter in a store.

>universally accepted
see: it's not even universally accepted

I carry some cash as a backup just in case, but haven't needed to use it in 15 years.