AM Radio

Spent the weekend with my dad, and a good bit of that was spent driving. I let him control the radio since I'm not petty and all I really need is some background noise to numb the mind (I usually try to drive since I value my life). I get a little rattled when he switches to AM radio and we listen to some guys banter about someone who shot a big buck.

> You really gotta appreciate someone who puts in the time and really goes for it. Passes up on some good bucks just to get the best buck.
> Yeah and you know this guy isn't fooling around. He didn't get here on accident. This was years of planning.
> Absolutely. It's a passion. Something he was really doing for himself. Putting in the time, ya know?
> Definitely! This doesn't happen by accident! Well... sometimes it does. But you really have to admire when it happens on purpose.
ad infinitum

45 Minutes of this bullshit passes, then my dad switches to Leo La-Fucking-Porte

This guy is like google for boomers. People call in and ask him tech questions. It's usually older people asking pretty basic questions. Guy is wondering what a DVD region lock is, someone else is asking about their app no longer giving them notification, hurr durr why is my satellite internet in the middle of nowhere slow, etc. Dude is just bantering with guests and googling their questions in the background.

He's got an IRC channel where he sometimes interacts with viewers on air. He might be trying to answer someones question, then reference a tip mentioned by someone in the IRC. Could be a good opportunity.

Don't get me started on kim komando. Basically the same shit. I heard a lot of that growing up.

My mother raised me on "Dr. Laura" parenting. Would even play that retarded shit in the car every time she drove me to school. Probably the reason I decided to stop talking to her at like 9 years old and have maybe said 5k words to her in the last 14 years. (I'd still bang Dr. Laura)

So what are your AM radio stories, anons?

Attached: Boy-listening-to-portable-014.jpg (700x420, 36K)

Would def smash

Attached: rh.jpg (490x530, 33K)

i listened to coast to coast am every night for almost a decade. its awful and i hate it but im a very sad and lonely man and theres something super comfy to me about live radio. like something cool COULD happen. idk. i think im going to kill myself soon.

Coast to coast was badass when they'd talk about alien shit.

IDK, maybe don't KYS. We had a connection just now. Life might not be as boring as you think. Make a change to meet the people you want to be around.

Depression is sneaky. It can make you feel like you hate everything when in reality, you hate your situation.

She got worse before she got better, user. What does that say about money?

Attached: n_scarborough_drlaura_050819.standard.jpg (298x224, 9K)

Here in sweden there are no am stations. Zero. None. I always wondered why.

HAHAHA! FM Fag!

>>Get a ham radio

*sends your radio waves to another continent*

Attached: 8507005.jpg (800x581, 45K)

Based Yagi

AM is good for long distances. You effeminate fucks don't need that kind of range.

Promise me you won't kill yourself at least until you watch all episodes of X-Files, my man.

That antenna has to be at least 25 meters long. Where is it?

I can get this station out of frisco where they play bollywood music and have ads about half in hindi and half in english but they’re all for english classes, immigration lawyers, and coding boot camps.

It’s quite amusing and that’s over a thousand miles from here. It only comes in at night. I use my GE Superadio II.

>here’s your top band yogi bro
>you’ll still need a tuner though

Then why FM is more popular?

fine

FM has much higher audio quality since it eats up tons of bandwidth.

leo laporte is comfy i dont care what anyone else says

probably just his fantastic radio voice though

It stood in Hungary and sent AM radio to south America. It was dismantled in the 1990s

Rip

It supposedly still exist, packed away.

Back in college I would listen to am radio to sleep, as background noise.

Just news or a sport station.

I now have the apps for those stations on my phone and I listen from time to time for nortalgia sake.

should have said every episode of one piece user, you would have saved his life

whenever i turn on am radio it's some hillybilly playing banjo redemption radio stattion. that or german polka music

Not AM, but I listen to the local ham repeaters when i need background noise.
Just select a couple and put my radio in scanner mode, also i go fishing a lot so NOAA
Is way better then most weather stations.

Have a scanner coming today hopefully, neat thread have a bump.

Maybe you guys use DRM instead?