Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtadorable.jpg (720x800, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/eXeC64/imv
amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5GMZ6X/
asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-III/
git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Customizing-Git-Git-Configuration#_code_core_autocrlf_code
spec.commonmark.org/0.29/#unicode-whitespace-character
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What image viewer do people use?
My current one plays gifs at the wrong speed, doesn't recognise webm/similar and can't view images in a random order.

I'm going to be at a hotel for 3 months for work. I'd like to bring my desktop so I'm not bored all day.
What are the odds my shit will be destroyed by TSA or robbed by the hotel staff?

My mouse is fucked up and sometimes double clicking instantly when I single click the left mouse button.

Is there some setting or program that makes windows ignore a second click if it happens within a very short period of time of the first?

̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•_•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

github.com/eXeC64/imv

I doubt TSA will mess with it. Hotel staff I guess it would depend on the area you're travelling to.

Linux only and not supported by many distros at that.

second post and you've not mentioned what OS you're using do you think Jow Forums is psychic?

Yes because Windows.

maybe include that in your post considering each time a strawpoll gets done on Jow Forums windows users are a minority

Keyboard for privacy ?
But uses autocorrect

Attached: google-gboard-tricks.jpg (900x506, 63K)

What email client should I use?

Im just trying to get foobar to give me a view of the "playlist" you get when turning on random track progression. anyone know how to do this?

Can someone explain to me what "cd" means?

Attached: Umsi4rdr7gg46T2je0cwzGJRWWCMSq-S9dI200ys3mE.png (1357x1281, 1.6M)

change directory

Compact Disc

Cunt destroyer

I bought a USB 3 to Micro USB cable off of Amazon for my phone but when I connect it to my computer, the phone doesn't even show up. No unrecognized device, nothing. It still charges my phone and I get the Android 9 "ding" when it connects to a charger, and I have it set to connect as MTP by default. When I use other USB cables (though they are USB 2.0), it works just fine. OS is Windows 7, but USB 3.0 thumb drives work just fine in these ports, external hard drives work, everything works BUT this cable. This is the exact one. amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5GMZ6X/

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it working?

Attached: 71n2gsKsudL._SL1500_.jpg (1200x1500, 173K)

Suddenly I can't connect to any wifi, being the wifi that the other PC is broadcasting or from my smartphone. It all happened in the middle of trying to set up melonDS (a NDS emulator) to connect to fan-made servers. Was installing things like npcap and winpcap. I assume it might be related. Tried to remove them, reinstalled wifi drivers (for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260), some ipconfig commands, nothings really helps. I see the wifi networks, but I just get the message "Windows was unable to connect to X". I am on Windows 7.

cross dressing

Mouse settings > Additional mouse options. You can adjust the double-click speed. Just replace it since it's going to get worse. Let me guess, Logitech?

Can I downgrade a WIndows 95/98 Laptop to Windows 3.11 easily? I want to relive my childhood computing experience.

Attached: 1557452596761.jpg (480x360, 16K)

i have digital bleeps coming from inside of my laptop, low volume beep beep beeps when im using the pc or its idling, specially when i download something it starts to beep more frequently. laptop is 5 weeks old, been hearing this almost since i got it. moving parts are only the fans and the bleeps are louder than the fan when its low RPM.
coilwhine?
am I hearing the data moving in the SSD??

Attached: nigger.png (641x302, 77K)

I've got a $2k laptop credit where I work, might as well max that shit out with a stupid gaming one

is this glowy ass thing the best thing I can get for that amount asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-III/

or is there something better in that range? closer to 2k the better (I don't mind putting a little money beyond 2k tho if it's like, real nice or something)

is there any easy way to bypass a iphone 7 lock screen?

No. Give it back.

Why not a business/enterprise laptop instead? Like Lenovo Thinkpad, Dell Latitude, HP Eltebook for example?

I'll be getting a much less gaudy laptop for proper work in a few weeks anyway, this is a "bonus" credit.

Kinda crave a stupid looking thing like this. Plus it'd mean I don't have to upgrade my old pc just yet and can play crap like iceborne in bed when that comes out. Just wanna make sure I get the best current gamer ass gamer laptop instead of a older model. (they're not very clear with these)

Your biggest issue is drivers, especially with how late into the 90's the device has been made, if you want to use more than VGA resolution and the beeper. I was blessed with an old HP laptop that could use Thinkpad 600E drivers for 1024x768 true color graphics on a Neomagic chip and came with BIOS level Soundblaster/WSS compatibility, but your mileage may vary.
Also Win3.1 officially only runs on old DOS versions (only supporting FAT16 partitions up to 2 GB, disks up to 8.4 GB depending on the BIOS), so you either have to live with that (most disks of the time are not that large) or take some precautions to run it on the underlying DOS of Win9x (FreeDOS only has an old experimental kernel with compatible internal DOS structures, PC-DOS 7.1 is a pure OEM release).

they can get pretty damn loud if u are using it with heavy loud

eh fuck it I'll just keep looking for a native dos/3.11 laptop
This shit has become ridiculously expensive since the last time I looked at them.

>in bed
Those laptops absolutely need proper ventilation putting one on a mattress is just asking for it

i'll be wearing headphones, nbd

true, actually. might just have it on a small surface then

Does anyone have experience with the Liquid Spark?

Attached: 333042.jpg (1200x900, 70K)

Are online certificates showing certain skills a meme or are they sufficient proof for employers that you know shit?
For example the python institute for programming that, the various stuff microsoft has, stuff like edx.

Ok, realistically I don't need a cellphone, but 2 factor along with other things really only being done on cell phones (anything that uses a camera) kind of nessissitates I have one.

can anyone tell me what I should be looking at?

cheapest thing that inst a fucking piece of garbage
bang for buck
and that can use a pen to draw on, I know apple with their pen and samsung has theirs, but I know there are 3rd parties that also make pens that work on these displays that are pressure sensitive

ceil ditler

Is a 1TB SSD actually worth it?

Yes if you play a lot of games. Not if it's just for storing stuff and you won't install a bunch of shit on it.

I need an AIO/tabletop PC/stand, or something similar, that can actually sit inside a suitable carry-case to practically transport it to, say, Little Caesar's, or in luggage. Ideally the stand would fold neatly to keep a slim form-factor during transport. Anyone know of such a device, or can find one, it even how to make one?

Attached: 1567346097639.png (460x422, 83K)

Access control using account-specific user names and passwords is called authentication.

What is the proper name for resource-specific access control, e.g. where there are no accounts involved but individual files or pages require their own password to access?

What is a VPN?

Would a VPN stop me from getting barred from my various email and website accounts because I'm using the WiFi in a foreign country? I keep getting asked for phone verifications in countries where I have no reception, and it is beyond frustrating.

Is there some fundamental reason RSS can't work in private browsing or do I just suck at finding one that does?

The short version is they make it look like your IP is in another country. Essentially your web traffic is being sent through nodes in other countries. So yeah that should solve your problem.

Is there any other android ebook app that has reading mode for pdf files, like Adobe Acrobat Reader? I find it super convenient, it's makes reading pdfs like reading an epubs, but I haven't found any app other than Adobe's with this feature, and I don't wanna use Adobe.

Sumatra pdf for android is probably what you're looking for

why does apple advertise payment plans for their devices, aren't they supposed to be premium?

>4chanX
>double replies, script and original
>sometimes the script doesn't seem to work
>firefox
what's wrong?

I hope you're trolling because SumatraPDF is Windows only.

Installed git for windows since I wanted to start programming and don't have linux on any of my disks. It set my HOME variable to my c: drive but since it's so small and nearly full I was wondering if that'd pose any difficulties further ahead. I installed git onto my f: drive and I'm using win7. Can post more relevant info if needed. Also will windows be a hassle later or have any hurdles regarding programming that would be easily resolved by dual booting? Thanks in advance

I'm about to format my :C drive but I heard doing it while other drives (D, E) are still attached, causes some unwanted stuff to be installed on them too.
How do I detach them for the time of windows installation?

Unplug sata datacables from the motherboard? If that's not possible go into disc management tool and remove the volumes. Shouldn't format or screw with them as far as I know. Press windows button, type run. Then in the window that pops up type diskmgmt.msc and enter. Right-click the drives you want to detach and do so. Then after reinstall of windows go into disc management again and reattach the drives.

>It set my HOME variable to my c: drive but since it's so small and nearly full I was wondering if that'd pose any difficulties further ahead
Git only stores global preferences in its home directory. Everything else is stored inside Git repositories, which can be located wherever you want.

>Also will windows be a hassle later
One such issue might be different line endings. The Git client comes with an optional setting that can transparently convert between Windows and Unix line endings, you may have been prompted about it during installation.
git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Customizing-Git-Git-Configuration#_code_core_autocrlf_code

However, there are a few apps on the store based on the same MuPDF library that SumatraPDF is using, including several of the same name by Artifex Software themselves.

I've flown with my desktop in my checked. Just make sure you take anything out of the PCI slots or anything that seems like it might move around at all, and maybe pack the inside with packing peanuts. The people who handle luggage just sort of throw it. So keep that in mind when you pack stuff.

I set up a static IP with systemd networkd but now internet doesn't work, but dhcp=yes in my ens3.network files works fine
Wat do

Attached: 1560888676812.png (317x208, 21K)

Why can I watch some people's vods on Twitch at 720p or 1080p with no issue but others continually buffer even at 360 and 240?
>he watches twitch hurr

The fuck is a vod

video on demand, aka, not live

Video on demand.

How old are?

Have you tried the usual network diagnostics while comparing DHCP and static configuration?
>ip addr: verify your host IP and prefix
>ip route: verify your local LAN 192.168.1.0/24 and default gateway
>ping 192.168.1.1
>ping 208.67.222.222
>ping www.Jow Forums.org

Pinging the DNS didn't work
Pinging different DNS servers after changing the setting and restarting the service didn't work either

you're trying to use the same IP static as when you use DHCP?
Can you ping the gateway?

I can ping the gateway fine, yeah

Alright, I installed Linux Mint 19.2
What now?

what is the IP you get when you use dhcp? post ipconfig screenshot

I can't do ifconfig without network tools or whatever, here's ip address show

Attached: 1538423063363.jpg (1173x252, 46K)

And yeah, this one works fine, DHCP=yes

Unplug power or data cables. Unmounting from within the OS isn't going to have any impact on what the installer detects, nor would that still be in effect after the re install.

So the network is using 192.168.122.0/24 which means that the static config from should not be 192.168.1.111 but 192.168.122.111 since you're using a /24 subnetmask (gateway should be 192.168.122.1)
I recommend reading up and watching videos on how subnetmasks work, they're not hard you just have to get your head around the concept

This doesn't work either
I can ping my at 192.168.122.111
I can ping 192.168.122.1
I can't ping 8.8.8.8 or google.com

Attached: 1547981323669.png (393x185, 19K)

Software development or network management. Where does the money lie?

Is youtube-dl broken for you? It refuses to read youtube links even if I'm using latest version

latest version in your repo or from their website?
try youtube-dl -U

I tried both windows build with youtube-dl -U and latest debian build. both says ERROR: This video is unavailable. no matter what link I input

Is an AMD E-450 enough to run a transmission client?
There will be less than 80 torrents at any given moment and it won’t be doing much else.
There is a shitty OEM desktop for sale in a nearby town for $20 with one.

whats the easiest way to set up a WEP type connection? you need it to do DNS workarounds with old ds systems

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (1).jpg (693x615, 67K)

I just tried it and have the same issue

Attached: 1566083870843.jpg (960x914, 250K)

Same here. My router's been acting up lately so I was mass-downloading videos and all of a sudden it keeps giving error messages on every video I try including the ones I had just completed downloading. Even does it when I'm only requesting format lists or filenames. I assumed it had something to do with some ddos filter on their server accidentally being set off, but now I'm not so sure.

What is you experience with compressed air for cleaning computers? Is it worth it? How much does it lasts?

Attached: 324342342.png (733x686, 187K)

I heard they were going to change something about their videos to split content for kids and adults. Maybe something changed that broke youtube-dl

na, mine suddenly asploded as well

I want my headless raspberry pi to mainly connect wirelessly to my laptop's wifi hotspot.

In the wpa_supplicant.conf file of a headless raspi they say to add the country code of your wifi network. However, I want to connect to a wifi hotspot coming from my laptop, so how do I know which country code to put? Is it just the same as what my laptop is connected to? in that case, I'm a eurofag and I travel a lot, so will it actually make a difference if I put FR or DE or IT or whatever?

The most effortless solution is to just get a cheap access point that supports WEP if you have a Wi-Fi router that does not allow to create multiple networks.
With a Linux computer you can run hostapd with a Wi-Fi adapter that supports AP mode (often they can even act as an access point and client at the same time, essentially running as a repeater) to share your internet connection using NAT or bridging. The hosted network functionality of Win7+ would work similarly, but only supports WPA encryption.

All the EU countries are harmonized on the same 2.4 (1-13) and 5 GHz channels as well as maximum transmission power, so you can't do much wrong there. Also it should be enough to specify this on your laptop.

the country code just determines which channels are allowed
two devices need not necessarily need the same code to work, provided the the channel actually being used is commonly supported
basically, put your country code in, and if it works, it works. if it doesn't work, then you may be used a channel not allowed in your country

>spec.commonmark.org/0.29/#unicode-whitespace-character
Exactly what are Unicode Z characters? I found the Wikipedia page about Unicode character categories but I don't understand it.

Attached: 1566323865960.jpg (809x1200, 86K)

Yes, if you set it to anything other than
>#a
it'll limit the channels and transmitting power that you can use.

How does DNS priority works if there's multiple DNS slots in the router settings?
Reading some comments online, it should be that alternative DNS would only come online if primary DNS is down.
A have a couple of DNS slots on my router filled with Cloudflare and Google DNS but no matter what order they're in, Google always takes priority over Cloudflare even though Cloudflare is online and is faster in my region. What gives?
Not that I need both Cloudflare and GoogleDNS but I'm just curious why this happens. Retarded firmware/router or my understanding of DNS priorities is wrong?

Why isn't machine learning done in C+=

Would a cybercrime record be a good addition to your resume when applying to a job in cybersecurity or as a pentester, like I think it's a good way to show your employer that you have experience and you know your stuff.

Attached: image0-1.jpg (148x250, 10K)

ive had the idea posed to me that an open connection could work just as effectively since its DNS reliant. What would you say in that case?
Thankyou for taking the time btw

Attached: 1552573764592.gif (460x450, 2.21M)

ytdl is down what do I do now?

It's not universal. Each OS or router firmware can do it their own way.

It'll be fixed soon, it always is

>How does DNS priority works if there's multiple DNS slots in the router settings?
That's up to your router. There's no standard. Just pick one, it's not like Cloudflare is gonna go down

Honestly making a thread with a provocative message is more likely to get replies than a post on this thread. Nobody cares about every post here but if you make a thread you can bump it and make people reply to it.

I see, thanks.

Just came to say the same thing. None of those "youtube to mp3" sites are working either. Of course MPV is broken too now since it uses ytdl to resolve youtube links. Fucking Google, nationalization when?

>op bumping his own thread
Aaaah, summer.