Security Cameras

I want to install a security camera in my sublet to see if the tenant has anyone sneak in without my knowledge (or sneaks in himself when he's in the area). But I don't want all that footage going into some random cloud bullshit. IP cams are fine if I have control over where that shit goes. What's a good model for that?

Attached: The-Best-Wireless-Security-Cameras-for-Quality-Surveillance-700x350.jpg (700x350, 105K)

isn't your mom a cam model? go ask her.

Dahua with built in SD slot. Add a card, can view clips directly from the camera.

onvif

Your tenant must be pretty stupid if they signed a lease that lets you legally spy on them in their own home, that they're in legal possession of, just because it's your property.

>they're in legal possession of
>just because it's your property
Nigger what

yeah I'm torn on this. there are some really shitty tenants. But most law would frown on this unless it's clearly posted and in a public area like the walkway outside and the law in your municipality permits it. also this is like no pet laws that are unenforceable in half the jurisdictions, good luck telling an arbitrator "it said no guests in the contract!!". They'll laugh at you unless it's ruining the enjoyment of other tenants or loud after hours (11pm) or something.

Ownership and possession are legally distinct. If you lease something to someone, they're in legal possession of your property. It's still your property, but in borrowing it, they also borrow most rights to it.

They are supposed to be away from the general area. I'm mostly worried about someone else having a double of the keys and snooping on behalf of the tenant. But yes, nothing keeping me from sticking a couple of cameras inside on what I signed.

>tenant has anyone sneak in without my knowledge (or sneaks in himself when he's in the area).

your tenant is an adult, I don't see why they should have to sneak themselves (or anyone else) into their own domicile.

wtf is wrong with you, OP?

The lease probably has a no guests clause or something.

I say fuck the tenants, they're usually shitty human beings

>some tenants are shitty
>therefore no tenants should have rights

the absolute state of Jow Forums

I misworded it, it is the other way around. I am the subtenant.

so you want to make sure... your landloard isn't sneaking people into your house?

A tenant isn't a landlord, dummy.

but you're renting and want to make sure the person you're renting from isn't sneaking people into your house?

you got it

If it's placed in a shared space there shouldn't be any problem there, aside from possible regulations regarding recording conversations.

Pi zerow with a camera, placed inside an object?

I know you specifically said IP cam, but what about just saving on an sd card? cheap chink outlet cams work for that.

I see... I think it would be fine? I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but if you were to place a camera in a common area (living room, kitchen, etc) i believe it would be fine. You have some expectation of privacy in private(obviously) rooms and bathrooms and such. Talk to a lawyer, you should be able to get a free consult.

What state are you in?

Zimbabwe... many grateful thanks for your supreme advice sir

Ah, No problem. Take what i've said with a grain of salt. Apologies for assuming you were a fellow yank. I'm not familiar with Zimbabwean law in the slightest

Get fucked rent fag. Seriously you're the fucking problem with this country.

>gets high dollar security camera
>has a bright ass light for the night vision
someone can see that shit a mile away and just shoot it down, what's the point

this.

power over ethernet onvif camera(s) with 'motion' on linux for local storage and network streaming.

>this country

>Zimbabwe...

Are you fucking retarded?

what? ur retarded